So. Some guy accused me of 'speed hacking?"

Chocula

I just want to say, please know what you're talking about before you start making these accusations. I read this stuff on the forum and think, oh great....more botters, hackers. now I'm wondering if they are just people who are bad or who can't differentiate lag or a graphics glitch from hacking. Or don't know trans/force camo/force leap when they see it.

he said something about how my feet were moving? is this a common issue?

my gunslinger sometimes goes into cover-mode and slides across the floor. Graphical glitch. There are lots of them. People need to know what they're talking about before accusing others of cheating.

and yeah, people get upset when they lose. That's no surprise.

"You use a speedhack don't you? You died too fast."

I've seen Vanguards use their leap and not go into the animation, simply slide across the floor. It was the same Vanguard who had this bug in a WZ every time he used it, so yeah, for a minute I also wondered if it was a speedhack.

I just want to say, please know what you're talking about before you start making these accusations. I read this stuff on the forum and think, oh great....more botters, hackers. now I'm wondering if they are just people who are bad or who can't differentiate lag or a graphics glitch from hacking. Or don't know trans/force camo/force leap when they see it.

it's very common for someone to blame someone else for their lack of knowledge or skill or whatever else. i hear the complaints all the time about an entire faction is bad at pvp, or the other faction hacks, etc.

most of it is due to ignorance and that's the sad part. because they truly believe it's happening. and so very rarely do they ever take advice or want to learn whats really going on.

my gunslinger sometimes goes into cover-mode and slides across the floor. Graphical glitch. There are lots of them. People need to know what they're talking about before accusing others of cheating.

Seen that before - it's not a graphical glitch if you still can ambush/snipe. Nice try discrediting a valid report. ;)

People crying cheater when they are outplayed in ways they don't understand? People calling you cheater because of serverlag and such? Very common.

Server lag or artifical lag?

If you run around normally all match and start "lagging" when you are about to die, you are not fooling anyone.

Another nice try to discredit a valid report.

Bottomline - if you get reported and didn't do anything, you will not be suspended. Otherwise, you deserve what's coming...

Seen that before - it's not a graphical glitch if you still can ambush/snipe. Nice try discrediting a valid report. ;)

If it's in voidstar thats a super annoying bug which does more harm than good, it's caused if round1 ends and ur in natural cover in the final set of doors. I HATE IT.

no, not an operative. I was on my sentinel at the time. I think what probably happened is, I used force camo -- then due to lag or whatever the animation didn't function properly -- so it looked like I just ported to him or something. I see that happen occasionally; about the only thing I can think of.

I asked him to report me. and he wouldn't. :8(

Edited by Chocula

Its okay - you can tell me. Where did you get the speed hack?

:p

I'd love to be able to at least ask someone how they did something. Otherwise, I have no option but to report it just in case. If they aren't cheating then it doesn't matter. I've reported people in my faction for cheating because I've asked them what's going on and they don't respond even though I know they are not AFK. There is a guild on my server suspected of hacking. I play on their side most of the time. This one guy has a shield up 100% of the time. Nobody is around to guard this guy. I ask him what was going on. He would not respond. So I reported him. Same for a girl who was in a constant state of resilience. She'd fly off the side speeder in alderaan sprinting in combat. I have a sentinel too. It lasts 10 secs and centering stacks reset to zero upon death. And nobody else on the team was sprinting with her (as it is a group buff). Reported. People disappearing teleporting 40 ft away in 1 second only when they are about to die. I don't know about you, but last I checked commandos don't have stealth and I was just damaging them 1 sec prior. Reported. Lag my ***. Lag doesn't effect my interactions with particular individuals. How can 1 guy lag away while his buddies don't?

I see no problem with reporting suspicious events. I see no reason to assume someone is not hacking. They either are or they aren't. If the later, no harm done in having the event investigated.

I'd love to be able to at least ask someone how they did something. Otherwise, I have no option but to report it just in case. If they aren't cheating then it doesn't matter. I've reported people in my faction for cheating because I've asked them what's going on and they don't respond even though I know they are not AFK. There is a guild on my server suspected of hacking. I play on their side most of the time. This one guy has a shield up 100% of the time. Nobody is around to guard this guy. I ask him what was going on. He would not respond. So I reported him. Same for a girl who was in a constant state of resilience. She'd fly off the side speeder in alderaan sprinting in combat. I have a sentinel too. It lasts 10 secs and centering stacks reset to zero upon death. And nobody else on the team was sprinting with her (as it is a group buff). Reported. People disappearing teleporting 40 ft away in 1 second only when they are about to die. I don't know about you, but last I checked commandos don't have stealth and I was just damaging them 1 sec prior. Reported. Lag my ***. Lag doesn't effect my interactions with particular individuals. How can 1 guy lag away while his buddies don't?

I see no problem with reporting suspicious events. I see no reason to assume someone is not hacking. They either are or they aren't. If the later, no harm done in having the event investigated.

I agree with what you're saying, I think you should give people the benefit of the doubt and ask them what is going on. The only problem is next to none of them will say anything and only the real dumb ones will admit to you they are hacking. About the commando stealth thing, operatives have infiltrate. Not saying that's what that was but could have been. Like you said though there is no harm in submitting a report for investigation, hoping that they will fix some of these issues.

There are a lot of suspicous thing with movement out there. For example I see this guy carrying the ball that was still faster than people on regular speed and keep up that speed continously for the full length of the field. Unless there are 3 Marauders I missed pumping speed buffs this shouldn't be possible.

I used to see people get to our natural turret in Alderran before our guy gets there while stealthed, and that's impossible with all the speed buffs in the game.

One thing I"ll say is that people are at least somewhat subtle with this. I don't see people running at Force Speed speed the full time, for example, but I do see people running equivalent of Marauder speed buff the entire time, but I can't completely rule out that because maybe the team is focused on pumping speed buff for their ball runner the whole time. Seems awfully suspicious when they can do this every single time but can't say it's outright impossible.

There are a lot of suspicous thing with movement out there. For example I see this guy carrying the ball that was still faster than people on regular speed and keep up that speed continously for the full length of the field. Unless there are 3 Marauders I missed pumping speed buffs this shouldn't be possible.

I used to see people get to our natural turret in Alderran before our guy gets there while stealthed, and that's impossible with all the speed buffs in the game.

One thing I"ll say is that people are at least somewhat subtle with this. I don't see people running at Force Speed speed the full time, for example, but I do see people running equivalent of Marauder speed buff the entire time, but I can't completely rule out that because maybe the team is focused on pumping speed buff for their ball runner the whole time. Seems awfully suspicious when they can do this every single time but can't say it's outright impossible.

And you wont. The way the speed hacks work allows the player to adjust their speed so instead of moving at 200% they may only be moving at 110%. The only way to catch them is to frap when its obvious otherwise even in a review it would be almost undetectable. The resolve hacks are more obvious and I see them alot.

I was told i looked like a Floppy fish when i do that.

Im like Yo, gotta Represent my Magikarp.