Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Some on this and other threads like it have said that they plan on opening new servers and raising the population caps on the existing servers.

Where is the source of this? What are you basing this on? I have seen nothing official posted about this. In fact, there really hasn't been anything official posted other than the very unhelpful, cryptic statement in the OP.

I really hope that they have something planned. This game is awesome. I hope that they sort this out because this could sap many people's enthusiasm to play. I know that mine has waned a bit in the past few days.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just got a GREAT laugh tonight. At 8pm. Every US PvP, and almost every PvE was Full. When I tried to create other characters on different servers that was listed as Heavy, I still could not get in because that one became full. :eek::w_tongue:

Sunday night, 6:14PM PST. Queue time: ~50 min. Queued ahead of me: 738.

This is 5 days into pre-launch, and 2 days before official launch. Cutting things a bit close, aren't we Bioware? Why would I wait around 50 min to play anything? Why would I wait 10 min to play?

I could be eating Haagen-Daz and watching the Chargers. Hmmm... maybe I'll go back to Rift for awhile.

good one...I am watching the Ravens....although I am a Chiefs fan so I blew my load earlier

All that matters is Tom Brady beat god tonight. Why so much QQ? Its pre launch. As in the game hasnt even launched yet.

ZOMG YOU GUYS SO SKREWED WHEN LAUGH CUZ IZ ALWEADY FUL! ... ... ... ...

What will they ever do!? Theyre going to create more servers on launch... ITS STILL NOT EVEN OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED SO STOP CRYING ABOUT NOT PLAYING WHEN YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY FOR PLAYING IN EARLY ACCESS.

If the game hasnt officially launched yet and there are already massive queues, what does that tell you? That they really underestimated how many people were going to be playing. Which they shouldnt have because they were aware of the number of preorders and they controlled the early access. Im sure it will be fixed soon, though.

There are only two things I have issues with: many archeology nodes are not "harvestable", and those long, long, long queues.

You folks at Bioware can explain it all you want, but I don't think any of us paying customers feel any better having to wait in a queue. As far as I'm concerned, your waiting que = EPIC FAIL. There's nothing like having a limited time to be able to play, only to find out that a large chunk of our available time is consumed waiting for our turn to log in- and this isn't even the 20th of December yet.

Something needs to be done about this, or I'll have to reconsider continuing my subscription.

:( Sunday night grind.... of waiting. 400+ in que. I love this game, but refuse to pay for something I can't enjoy when I want it. I'm a mother of 2 who plays with her hubby. He and I both have yet to play together due to que issues or errors. I'm so nervous what launch day will bring.

I MISS MY GUILD FRIENDS. C'mon EA/Bioware. Help a mama out!!

are they even reading this thread? the lack of a grace period for disconnects is just unacceptable for a modern MMO.

This.

As someone who has followed this game for 3 years, this will be a one month play through if I have a queue over 5 minutes come January 20th.

This isn't a fix it now threat. This is a reasonable demand that most customers will be following through on. No one wants to spend more time waiting than actually playing. Especially since Comcast has the monopoly on internet in several areas and likes to drop 3-4 times a day.

Having been in beta, I was worried when every other issue was replied with "we will fix after release". Now we have a company with their plate more than full not doing basic things like making it so that people can play their game.

Very simple fix. continue making new servers...and allow whole guild and individual free server transfers. Simply creating new servers will lower the flow into the full ones, but not reverse what has already built up (minus the few who will just decide to reroll). Thank you for your consideration.....lol as was said in grandma's boy, "we could just render them different colors. It would be cost efficient and wouldnt take much time." Simple is almost always best (and it saves you guys money...so please jump on the transfer band wagon). Edited by chaosist

In the spirit of humor and bringing levity to a challenging situation (I've started alts on several different servers just to be able to play), I thought I'd write up some things you can do while you're waiting for a server.

Right On Cue: Things You Can Do During a Queue

Enjoy! :D

Priceless...

Though I'm tempted to try creating a character on a European server to see what the latency would be like from here in the States.

Because it seems all the European servers are basically ghost towns. I think we have the Europeans playing with us.

All that matters is Tom Brady beat god tonight. Why so much QQ? Its pre launch. As in the game hasnt even launched yet.

What will they ever do!? Theyre going to create more servers on launch... ITS STILL NOT EVEN OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED SO STOP CRYING ABOUT NOT PLAYING WHEN YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY FOR PLAYING IN EARLY ACCESS.

Do you even know what you're talking about? Pre-launch or not this is cutting it VERY close. What would you rather us do, not say anything and then it be a real issue at launch, maybe bring it up when its too late? Nothing wrong with preventing the fire instead of putting one out. Think before you post something like this. I value customer feedback and I'm sure they do too.

I'm not concerned that I can't get into the game when I wish (although that angers me)

How about the June 21 2001 launch of SWG? hhmm? Anyone recall that? It took at least until mid July for that to get fixed ..

I am more concerned that this blunder, the failure to envision this games popularity and HOW FAR that rabbit whole might go.

Just a few east coast severs?

I don't get it..

I cannot imagine the wait times on Christmas eve thru jan 15

Well, I'm sure this post is completely superflous but what the heck, got nothing better to do for the next hour or so while I wait in queue...

PLEASE fix this! Open new servers and transfer guilds if you have to, but hours waiting just to login is completely unacceptable for any game. I am practically the very definition of the casual player. An hour or so a night, couple more on weekend days and yet my money is just as good as anyone else's. These queue times basically mean I pay for a game I can barely play at all. I can't even really just quit having already payed a bundle for my wife and I to get the game. So again... PLEASE FIX THIS... sooner rather than later. Purty please... with pie?!? :D

I don't like what is happening. I got kicked from the game because of server error. Now I have 1200 people ahead of me in a queue! Last time I waited 4 hours to play!! I only got to play 1 hour due to wait time and the fact that I have to go to work in the morning!!! Will there be a fix to this or can we expect it to get worse when the game is released? I would assume that you would try to fix this now so there wouldn't be a problem. Can someone explain why it is that there is so many people in a server and why there has to be a queue? Does having too many people cause lagg or something? :mad:

lol .. i love these constructive ideas so much better than whining .... then youll be racing across town at 95mph to get home to login on time

Boot it up from your phone..so you can get in queue from work and then be ready to play when you walk in the door =)

Very simple fix. continue making new servers...and allow whole guild and individual free server transfers. Simply creating new servers will lower the flow into the full ones, but not reverse what has already built up (minus the few who will just decide to reroll). Thank you for your consideration.....lol as was said in grandma's boy, "we could just render them different colors. It would be cost efficient and wouldnt take much time." Simple is almost always best (and it saves you guys money...so please jump on the transfer band wagon).

^^ This....

First of all, congrats on being able to talk with that big peice of Bioware meat in your mouth, hellva accomplishment!

A 15-20 minute queue is nothing, I dont even get concerned about those. But every night during primetime Dark Reaper has atleast a 45min queue (tonight its 1 hour and 10 minutes). That will lead to issues down the road when people are trying to log in for operations and other guild activities.

Yes its pre-launch and not launch yet (can argue this to be honest), but the question people are wondering what is gonna happen after the 20th? What about after the 25th? There will be even more people hammering the servers. the situation has no chance of getting better till mid Jan at the earliest, and most likely not until Feb when people leave/stop playing for various reasons.

Creating more servers isnt the answer, the people rolling on X server already have a character there, most likely have a guild/friends there as well. They aren't going to up and leave those things. The only options they have are: increase the player cap on servers (if they can without serious impacts on performance) or re-use the Guild Launch feature and scatter some guilds out to new servers.

Is it Bioware's fault that people want to play this game? Not really. Is it the players fault there is a queue everynight at primetime? No. fact of the matter is, Bioware dropped the ball on getting the most of of their Pre-Launch Guild Program. It would have be so much better had they used it to put servers at 50%-75% full then locked them for a little bit, forcing the solo players to spread out onto other servers. Once the initial rush is over, unlock them and let them fill the rest of the way up.

Simply put, Bioware didnt act fast enough to release new servers and they never locked the earlier servers once they reached capacity. The first I can understand their reasoning, the second should have been a no brainer to them...