Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Trayus Academy EU was until yesterday a playable server without queue...today is with queue and i saw so many new light servers with light and standard population....this is also a fault of many players....they should make a character there...not in the heavy or full servers. Edited by Saizor

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see all that happen - think it would be the best outcome for all right now.

Hey ho though: the problem with big companies like EA and Bioware is they think they know best. They won't take tried-and-tested methods from other games. I'm not suggesting this will kill SWTOR (naive to think that) but the damage control must be horrible. Can only imagine what customer services are going through right now.

Bigger problem is no one from BW/EA are reading this thread so the idea will never get to them, i only post it cuz i have nothing better to do :p

BWs, you may get my money, but you won't get my time! Deal with this simple fact. People live by minutes nowdays, it's not acceptable to force them to wait in queues like this!

This a thousand times.

Bad enough that I could not play at peek times, but now I get home from work, and can't play in the morning either! Not impressed at all.

*** is being done about this?? i can understand that you want to have servers with people on them, i understand that it is a busy period. but ffs, this is a joke, every time i try to log in i have to wait aprox 60 min.. sometimes a bit more, 5 min is to long for a game we pay for, and to see some ppl waiting for 5 hours.. if you want ppl sto continue subs, then soprt this or ppl will go back to other mmo's and just give up on the game because of this issue.. if you havent realised it yet, after all the pages on this topic, THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE FOR MANY PPL!!!!!!! fix it now!

When i made my character on hydian way it was the only server that was "light" everywhere else was full! now right after launch its the onle one that is full?!? im waiting in ques over 20 mins or (500 people) ***! cant you just stop letting people join servers that are full? Seriously dissapointed at this. At least you could offer free transfers to other less populated servers, hell id even pay £5 for a server transfer now, its completely ruining my game time! and everyone elses by the sounds of it!!

My personal bugbear is not the queues but the clearly faked timer attached to them. Examples follow:

Yesterday at 11am: logged on, 1.5h queue, server screen said over 10 minutes (technically correct but misleading as the length can show up to 1h afaik?)

Today at 1030: logged on 1h 5 min queue, server screen saying over 20 minutes (again, technically correct but misleading).

My own personal suspicion I that they are fiddling the displayed queue time values down substantially to be able to say that the queues aren't that bad. I don't mind queues personally, especially in the first month or two live, what I do object to is either having a queue timer system that is inaccurate or being fiddled with server side to give a better perception.

This is truly insulting - look at the amount of posts and yet no action or response about action - im getting very very fed up. Bioware chose my guilds server (Basilisk Droid) and now we all have to suffer.

Fact is the lack of action/communication is insulting.

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

11am and 900 queue on server: The Red Eclipse... and estimated waiting time is <60mins.. what a load of ****

its now 11:57 and im in position 407 out of 900..

merry xmas!

Well I'm waiting 1h50min for Basilisk Droid. It was written <50min. Just now I'm in a half of displayed queue. Time is right it's only 1PM so most of the ppl are working. Next time I will try to log in at 8 so maybe I will be able to play at 11-12. I need to buy more coal to support power for my 750W ACDC adaptor installed in my desktop.

Sigh,

what i dont get about this is it is the same in every MMO the bring out,

Same ... Same things the have to change or add later

- Most have a crappy chat system where you cant set background color etc

- Ques Server was full before release from the actual game why didnt the just block peeps that where unguilded to create a Char on those servers

etc etc etc, to keep it nice 3 times and a donkey i would say

Learn from mistake others make or made and try to anticipate.

Can only say one thing. Sigh will the ever learn .. Guess not.

So all this planning pre launch went well then did it? because from were im standing from looks like it was a waste of time...nearly 12 PM GMT and 800 queue for nightmare lands. Should have locked the server when it first started to get full instead you just asked people not to join it!

Before anyone says its launch get over it, i know its launch ive been in a few mmo launches but bioware made massive statements before launch saying it was preparing for a smooth launch. They've done well on the server lag side because when you do get on there is barely any but they havent taken any actions to stop full servers filling up and this will hurt the game just as much as server lag and before anyone says only 2nd day since launch but its also been a week since early access and they could have seen the full servers getting fuller so why didnt they lock them then? Instead they let them open and just ask people not to join.

Yeah, same here, it's better to scream your fury out into nothing, than not scream at all :D

It absolutely isn't. Screaming out makes you look stupid, if you want to be taken seriously then write a formal article about it, explain the problem and then your solution.

Anyways, the queue's are being taken care of, I logged on at 12.00 CET at EU Bloodworthy, having a queue on 1200. When I was on 1100 it dropped down to 150 (Probably due to a Server Population Cap increase).

I Solute BioWare for this! Keep up the Good Work and you'll be fine.

PS: People that play MMO and expect no queue's at launch, please stop play now, and come back in a month. And to answer all questions that might come in Quotes:

- Yes I played Vanilla WoW Launch, yes I had a queue on 5000-8000 on Bladefist EU

- Yes I played Warhammer Online, yes that was a failure what they did with queues (May BioWare not do the same).

Anyways, Great Game! Ciao.

This is really getting annoying,

Im investing more time in waiting than in playing...

Improve the server logins or move players to other servers to reduce queue times.

Im seriously thinking about cancelling my next subscription.

oh god.. could punch a wall in right now!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

What are a thousand Posts compared to 2 Million Copies sold?

Honestly if this continues like this i can see EA and Bioware go down in history to screw the most awaited and promising game within days.

Players are a species thats hardly forgets anything.

So is bioware or EAGames for that matter trying to resolve this issue ? Or is there no response of them whatsoever i'm not really enjoying my many many hours of queing , to then get a Random Crash to desktop or a dc and be in a 500+ queue again <3

honestly, they're already using the instance system in every area, and there servers are still not able to hold it togethere. Get some decent servers plix kk ty !

Tbh this isnt ok.

I bought a game to play not sitting and waiting.

Im to far invested in my toons to start over on a fresh server.

I dont think adding servers will help due to people have invested time and and effort so they cant start all over again.

Is Server transfers possible ?

My Guild would all love to change server so that would be a good idea ?