StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight Stephen.

- Bioware expected queues.

- You knew queues were coming.

- Bioware system allocated far too many people to some servers thus giving a huge population surge on some servers.

- There was no development done to allow character transfer despite you knew this was coming.

So to summarize:

We should lose all of our effort put into characters, completely upheave our guild from the server you put us to risk going on a server which may just go from light to full in the next week anyway? (As some have definitely done)

Your response yesterday seems to impose that servers which are near their hard population cap will basically have queues from here on in, with no ETA on a character transfer.

Maybe some more clarification on this if possible?

Starting to get seriously p***ed off.

Queue on legions of lettow is 1200 even at 11am, thats a 5 hour wait minimum. Blatently due to the number of people macroing to stay logged in.

Bioware PUT my guild on this server, I didnt choose.

Why exactly are we paying for this? What do i get for my money? The chance to sit in a queue?

Simple solution:

1/ Put a character lock on the blatently overfull servers. Just for a couple of weeks.

2/ Only way to bipass the character lock is to join (on the guild site) one of the PREEXISTING guilds on the server.

Currently the game is just queue wars and people will start quitting very soon.

I am a total BioWare fanboy but this queue crap is so beyond unacceptable, there are no words for it.

I log in at 10am GMT to my server, Legions of Lettow, and I'm greeted with a 1000+ queue. At 10am. How will it be at night when I come home? I obviously don't have time to play right now since normally what I've noticed in the past, 1000 equals to about 3h.

So I come home tonight at 6pm GMT. Will I be greeted with a 4+ hour long queue? Most likely. That means I don't even get to play today or maybe I will, for 30mins max since I need my sleep, too.

So, when do I get to play this game, BioWare?

Entered the queue on Legions of Lettow at 10:31. It was 662 at the time. It's now 12:19 and I'm 300 in queue.

The pace at which the server lets people in is ridiculous. Hell, even for this time of the day any queue above 200 is plain stupid.

I am a total BioWare fanboy but this queue crap is so beyond unacceptable, there are no words for it.

I log in at 10am GMT to my server, Legions of Lettow, and I'm greeted with a 1000+ queue. At 10am. How will it be at night when I come home? I obviously don't have time to play right now since normally what I've noticed in the past, 1000 equals to about 3h.

So I come home tonight at 6pm GMT. Will I be greeted with a 4+ hour long queue? Most likely. That means I don't even get to play today or maybe I will, for 30mins max since I need my sleep, too.

So, when do I get to play this game, BioWare?

Couldn't agree more.

Damnit BW start doing something about it already, I demand another free 30 days if this is not fixed within a week. Why? cause this is ********. You're not going to charge me for something i cant use.. I come back from a long day ad work only to find myself in a 2+hour queue.

Yeah i know i should not demand anything but we have to agree that this is ********. Even if the first 30 days are free we did pay for a game we cant play when we want.

Let me get this straight Stephen.

- Bioware expected queues.

- You knew queues were coming.

- Bioware system allocated far too many people to some servers thus giving a huge population surge on some servers.

- There was no development done to allow character transfer despite you knew this was coming.

So to summarize:

We should lose all of our effort put into characters, completely upheave our guild from the server you put us to risk going on a server which may just go from light to full in the next week anyway? (As some have definitely done)

Your response yesterday seems to impose that servers which are near their hard population cap will basically have queues from here on in, with no ETA on a character transfer.

Maybe some more clarification on this if possible?

+1 internet.

Yes it shows the total number of people regardless of Shard. I have seen 6 on Defender, and there certainly aren't 6 people on my ship! Unless I have stowaways.

Character transfers need to be opened up now, if this system wasn't in place and I can't see why not (as it is a cash cow, just ask Blizzard), then Bioware need their heads examined and to get on it asap.

Bioware should have locked the FULL servers on launch day, by saying "We won't lock them because a friend might have someone on Bloowdorth, Tomb, etc," they are basically saying go ahead roll on a FULL server..."

They would have only need to keep them locked for 1 or 2 days so the majority of the new population went onto other servers.

Edited by ChrisRandall

670 in que during daytime this is getting rediculous i'm not paying good cash to sit and wait in a que for hours to be able to play.

U developed a great game Bioware really suberb but atm service is seriously lacking, u need to fix this quickly real quick aka matter of days if u want to keep your subscribers as lots of people will leave the game just due to the que time the exprience.

Bioware should have locked the FULL servers on launch day, by saying "We won't lock them because a friend might have someone on Bloowdorth, Tomb, etc," they are basically saying go ahead roll on a FULL server..."

This is the problem.

Personally I am fed up with it, I like the game but this is not worth it.

Origins can still give me a refund so who knows.

People in my guild can't play, I can't log in no matter what time I pick.

I don't use macro's and I do sleep like a normal human being so yeah cheers Bioware.

Sadly its not entirely Biowares fault.. Its all those new players that didnt pre-order..

Why dont they start their first character at a servers thats not Heavy or Full? Not very smart, now they ruin the game for all of us :(

Its not the Gamers that come new now.

Its a bad Management and Players who on the back of others try to stay in game with all means neccesary even if they are not at home or playing just to spare them the waiting line.

Thats what will kill this game.

Sadly its not entirely Biowares fault.. Its all those new players that didnt pre-order..

Why dont they start their first character at a servers thats not Heavy or Full? Not very smart, now they ruin the game for all of us :(

Indeed Bioware have done a fine job on all accounts. However, I feel they should have locked FULL or HEAVY servers on launch day, so people who don't have Chars on them cannot create chars on them until things settled down, of course. This is what they eventually did with 'dare I say' WoW :eek:

only logged out to get the patch lol, est 40 min wait, 35 mins later 397 from 550. Me thinks the 'estimated' timer is complete bs. I will admit to getting atad annoyed at this point.

It is, My estimate said 40 mins, 25 mins later i was 80 places closer in a 800 person queue

Copied from a post I made on another forum, seems more appropriate here:

In fairness, my problem isn't that there are ques. I kind of expect that, though they do seem ridiculous...

It's that I didn't choose this server (Luka Sene). My guild and I got assigned this server as part of some rolling out of deployment that was meant to avoid this problem. Now what seems to have happened is that when the game released people were allowed to start characters on the servers that had been loaded up with pre orders. Being already populated people were drawn to those servers rather than the fresh empty ones and now we have loads of underpopulated servers and the people who pre ordered are stuck on the overpopulated ones.

This just strikes me as an absolute disaster for Bioware/EA and could ruin what has otherwise so far been a great game.