Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Anytime you get on a game at 1 or 2 pm and get in a queue, that is not acceptable, how about later tonight when the people that are working get home, welcome to your 2 hour queue thank you for purchacing SWTOR. Sorry you had to work all day, and cant play on the server you created your toon on, please try another server and start all over again. Thank you for wasting your time on the server you started on in pre-release. Dont forget to give us your subscription info so you dont have any issues getting on your new server!!!!

It's called LAUNCH deal LOL! Deal with it... just about every, major, MMO on the planet has gone through this.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please allow character and guild transfers between servers, there's again a 2 hour wait for Frostclaw and lots of servers free. Having invested 20+ hours into my character and been deployed with my guild I really don't want to have to move server just to play from the start again.

Play on a new light pop server if you dont want Q times. If your friends are on the high Q time server then so what have them move also. If they dont want to move then laugh in thier face while u are online and they wait for 30-45 min to get in.

Well this is just a killer. Been playing online games for the past 13 years and thought this was the next thing for me. Sadly its not. My game playing hours are restricted due to work, family and other IRL, as it is with everybody else. One of the ideas behind a game like this has to be to build up your character and improve. With que time the way it is the only way I can play is to start over from a new server on a daily basis. That or quit my job I guess. I would not have pre-orderd the collectors edition if I knew I would spend more than half the time waiting just to play the game... And well we have the monthly cost aswell. Paying to sit in line and wait? No Bioware. I pay to play.

Position in queue: 560. I can't react in any other way but: ololololol. Maybe I'll get to play in 3 hours.

Is it so hard to allow migrations to low pop realms?

Not a question of allowing..

there is no computer written code nor batch processes to move characters... it would take weeks to code in such a feature. So we have to deal with them for now while the order new HW, and adjust the HW between servers to balance the loads.

Anytime you get on a game at 1 or 2 pm and get in a queue, that is not acceptable, how about later tonight when the people that are working get home, welcome to your 2 hour queue thank you for purchacing SWTOR. Sorry you had to work all day, and cant play on the server you created your toon on, please try another server and start all over again. Thank you for wasting your time on the server you started on in pre-release. Dont forget to give us your subscription info so you dont have any issues getting on your new server!!!!

Basically this, there was a 20 minute Q on my server at 8:30 AM. Eight Thirty IN THE MORNING.

Q's at 8 AM only go to show that the process with which they used to open up new servers was bad.

/Agree

I got home from work at 5pm. I'm up at 5am. Its 8pm at the moment and im like, 1000 in the que after three hours.

If i can't play this game on the server I WANT, with the people I HAVE PLAYED WITH FOR YEARS, then i just won't play.

It's that simple ..

What's being done?

I can't beleve we don't have a genuine response.

ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE BIOWARE FORUM PROPAGANDA OFFICERS THAT ARE TROLLING EVERY FORUM POST TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE 9/10 PEOPLE ARE HAPPY

"Keeping the forum's organised" - Bioware.

"Telling you there a problem with you not happy" - EA

Not letting you play a game you have paid for - Priceless

Edited by Iselix

Play on a new light pop server if you dont want Q times. If your friends are on the high Q time server then so what have them move also. If they dont want to move then laugh in thier face while u are online and they wait for 30-45 min to get in.

Would seem reasonable, if we hadn't started a week ago in a guild of 70 plus, on a server specifically assigned to us by Bioware. One error though, the queues are closer to 5 hours at the moment rather than 30-45 minutes.

Basically this, there was a 20 minute Q on my server at 8:30 AM. Eight Thirty IN THE MORNING.

Q's at 8 AM only go to show that the process with which they used to open up new servers was bad.

The is a reason for the Q at that time... people stayed up all night playing... easy.. simple.. logic....

OK the problem is that I have changed server for 3 times. I have characters developed and I don't want to play again the same things. Plus that i have 3 hours per day which means that i have to spend 1 waiting in the queu.

They should have blocked full servers once they are full but instead they just let people coming. Those who bought the game now can deside in which server to play. What about us who had "the priviledge" buying the pre-order not to play the game as we did??

Totally outrageous. Honestly I am pissed!!!

So now i'm paying for this ....... Got home logged in , game crashes .... game crashes again and again ... re-install from disc .... game crashes .. re-install from disc again , finally get back in ga... queue ... be about an hour it says ... so I get to play maybe 1-2 hours when it should have been at least 6 .

Maybe Bioware will refund me the difference ... be about 60% and then when my Sub starts maybe they will give me a 60% discount if the queues are still there?

doubt it very much tbh.

And please no more 'it was like this in WoW' that was a very long time ago , you would think that mmo launches would have learned by the mistakes of the past by now, surely?

Not a chance .. all down to money!

P.S. on the server assigned by BIOware for a guild I was going to join ... now in a different guild though!

Edited by greenbook

BioWare,

The majority of your PVP servers have queues. While they are of varying times, it still appears that nearly every PVP server is experiencing heavy load. I would like to request that you perhaps allocate more resources to your PVP servers experiencing heavy load and increase their capacity.

Offering free server transfers to low-capacity servers at this time would be a great convenience (Unless I missed the option to do so?). Thanks!

Sincerely,

A Concerned Player.

Some lovely insights you have, how lucky for you to have actual facts and figures. Meanwhile as I mentioned quite a bit earlier, of my wife and 5 of our closest gaming friends from over the last 12 years I'm the last one remaining that hasn't cancelled my subscription.

Where are your facts and figures? Oh, you have none. 12 of my friends subscribed to SWTOR because they heard that the game is very popular because of the long queue times.

It's not hard to even roughly extrapolate from that, along with the fact that many servers have well over 2k people in queues, that it might be a slightly larger number than 300.

But then again, I'm just using logic and reason as opposed to your secret inside info regarding exactly how many will truly cancel their subscription.

Where is your data on how many people cancel subscriptions? Oh again, you have none. I wait on queues everyday, but I don't complain about it because it is the norm during a launch of an MMO. Not all people waiting in a queue are crying about it like infants even if they hate it. I hate queues but I am realistic.

I never once played the 'I quit' card, but one fact that's probably just easier for you to deny (I know you're on a mission, I know the forum champions have a job to do, I won't stand in your way!) is that while I enjoy the game and the Star Wars universe, being charged for this kind of service is not something I'm personally interested in. No drama, if it's not fixed I can just go join them in Rift. However I would personally prefer the Guild Deployment fiasco rectified.

I know your forum rules so I understand that you may need to deny that and that you probably have a better understanding of my intentions than I do so I won't slow you down or stand in your way. Meanwhile I'm staring at the reality that 6 of the 7 of us that started this game together have already quit after one week due to the queues.

But it's probably better for everyone if we don't think for ourselves and just adhere to your factual figures of 300. That seems like a rational thing to do...

You have no facts either. You keep talking like you are the majority. You said you don't play the quit card yet you said people you know quit a couple of times.

The people that quit will be back, its an empty threat. Regardless, the game is better of getting rid of people that will quit over this.

Cya in a week.

Edited by Bollah

Not a question of allowing..

there is no computer written code nor batch processes to move characters... it would take weeks to code in such a feature. So we have to deal with them for now while the order new HW, and adjust the HW between servers to balance the loads.

then how did they move character of all the people who were on the server when it's entire population got stuck and couldnt move? They got the ability to do it we have seen it they just aren't! In fact they arent doing anything not updates nothing could at least keep people informed i mean everyone did pay money for the game and it's extremely inconvenient.

Yes they are trying everything to fix this. Server transfers may alleviate the problem some. However, to fully fix the problem I hate to say it may have to take it offline for awhile til everything is fine. But then we would have more QQing saying that "You worked on it for 5 years, and now your taking servers offline to do reworking?!" Honestly, WoW had that done already on launch. It was taken offline for a MONTH cause of server issues. Don't deny fanboys. You know it to be true. I was told from people who went over to AoC from WoW.

It was true (for US - sorted by the time it hit EU)

However - there were no subs for that month (of course) and they made the decision very quickly.

Also - that was 7 years ago..... My broadband was 1/32nd of the speed. I had an Athlon 1.4 Ghz Palamino Processor with a Geforce 4 series Ti GFX card. The woServers a FAR quicker and FAR more capable now.

The internet offers a much broader pipe, faster and with less lag..again A LOT better than 2004.

Tech is cheaper, servers faster and software better and more professionally supported

Customers expectations are also higher.

Saying that a game had issues 7 years ago does not really cut much ice in 2011.

Tomb of Freedom Nadd - i'm in the 3rd hour in queue atm and still 730 ahead.

estimated time realistic to log in on Tomb of Freedom Nadd server is 5 hours - take down the 2h wait time lie you keep on login screen and admit it's 5h, maybe ppl will stop making NEW characters on this server if they do not allready have one.

Wrong, wrong and WRONG. They have inc server capacities by 50% since EGA for launch. There's just a lot of people who keep piling onto the same damn servers

That's why we have server right now with 20-120m queue times, and others at "light"

1/2 the issue is the player bases fault for piledriving onto a several servers.

Now, BW does need to reallocate HW and balance the load, but they can NOT do this with the game up.. and they can NOT just do this in one time. Ordering, receiving, and setting up new HW takes time and money

Simply put.. if none of you are happy with the queues:

1) Wait a few weeks till they die down

2) Send BW feedback - whining on the forums does little to get a companies attention

3) deal with it

4) pick a lighter load server

You Sir, are wrong.

I have re-rolled servers three times now.... in an attempt to get a lighter loaded server and every time I have done this, the server becomes full........