Regarding server queues

StephenReid

I started some thread, and then it was closed, maybe so we can all rant here, probably so forums don't get overrun by people complaining.

What I really want to know is WHAT is going to be done, nay, what IS being done about this issue. Hell WILL freeze over before people, specially those in guilds, forgo their current characters to roll new ones on servers with less population ..

So WHAT, is being done?

Game is awesome, props to BW for a stellar effort, but these issues severly detract from the gaming experience.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

"[/indent]

That made me laugh.

Been in a queue for longer than the estimated wait and I'm still 417 in the queue.stupid to have to wait this long just to play.

How is this even possible? massive queues and no relog grace period, its amateurish and ridiculous.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon, because as much as i love the game i didn't buy the CE so i could learn patience.

Probably the last update from me, 4 hours into my estimated 1 hour 45 minute queue, I still have 59 people in front of me...

Bloodworthy needs its cap raised. And it needs it raised now.

To go on other server - will not help. Friday evening I was satisfied that I`m on very heavy server (hex droid).

Left only 2 days - queus is already 500 players in peek hours (apprxmetily 1,5 hours instead 45 minutes announced).

I won't complain about the specific length of queues, they're to be expected during launch. Rather I take exception with how these queues came about, how they affect certain players and would like to propose a means through which to appease these players.

I am sympathetic to the nature of launches in general, and I appreciate the fact that Bioware has at least addressed the fact that there is a tangible issue with server population. And while it is certainly far from the top of their priority list, I'd like to implore the developers to allow a temporarily free transfer service. With such a system players will be able to remove themselves from servers that host multiple guilds of hundreds of people and thus possess larger queues.

Even if it's just for the first month, give us the option to move our characters that have been levelled during early game access (level 28 since Dec. 13). Especially since guild deployment was kept anonymous, at this point it's as though we're being punished for randomly selecting the wrong server on the the first day of access.

I am willing to be patient, I am willing to wait in (reasonable) queues, but I'd like to do it on my terms. I'm fine with waiting in queues if it's for a server I want to play on, however waiting because my character is being held hostage on a server that became "full" days after I placed it there is not acceptable. I do not claim special status, nor a right to privileged access, nor do I expect exceptional treatment. I merely respectfully request a means through which to better determine my own SWTOR fate: temporary character transfers to servers which host fewer massive guilds.

Thank you.

Theres a hell of a lot of people playing this game who pre-ordered. Maybe just maybe and hopefully maybe this is queing system has been put in place on purpose so when the game actually goes out live on Tuesday all us pre0order players arent too far ahead in level.

Or maybe its just C R A P lol

This is just over the top. Waited 4 hours, played 4 minutes and got DC'd just to get back in line again 1200+.

It's scandalous ! Don't begin to say create on another server, you guys put me here with my guild !!

The wait is over....yeah right !

Exactly. In far too many cases they assigned the server to entire guilds.

Re-rolling is not an option, but sure is an insult. Bioware needs to fix this now. Thank goodness I have a 2-day Grace Period before I have to pick-up my reserved copy or activate it. December 21st will speak volumes to me on whether they can manage their own game, and are worth the consumer investment at this point in time.

I understand that there will be queues 30min max I can live with anything over that is just down right wrong,

Time is precious in games so when 1hr of your 2hrs gaming window is taken up my queueing its really off putting and starts to become pointless in playing the game

Roll to another server , well If you invested time into a toon on a server you were pre asigned why should you roll due to the mistakes made by BW and tell people to do so is wrong!!

/Rant over

My 1h20mins wait time was over 10 mins ago and still have 534 of the original 1200 peeps in line in front of me, which would mean another hour of waiting roughly? Queues used to move up faster than this at the start.

Anyways, if this doesnt improve, I truely regret that I even started with the game and spent the money on it that I did.

Been in quite a few MMOs, never ever have seen queues at all. I think its the most suckiest invention ever. I have 1 month of sub with my digital deluxe. If this isnt fixed in my first month in, I'll simply be looking for another hobby.

Ok bioware enough already.

Your players need an update on the situation

don't keep us hanging your just annoying everyone now.

I think the number of posts in the last 24 hours justifies a response

and

I don't mean the pathetic two fingered response that we have all seen and read

Please bioware give us something, just talk to us. Most of all be honest with us

<3 My thoughts exactly

The only way bioware will fix the queues is if we the pissed off customers force them to.

How? Well write or e-mail every major gaming magazine, website and blog. Only after a torrent of bad publicity is something ever going to get done. Let's pay bioware back for this disgusting state of affairs.

Edited by damolawler

The pony way bioware will fix the queues is if we the pissed off customers force them to.

How? Well write or e-mail every major gaming magazine, website and blog. Only after a torrent of bad publicity is something ever going to get done. Let's pay bioware back for this disgusting state of affairs.

That's actually a very good idea.....

Try to join 2 hours ago, and it say 1h 20 minutes and still have 1100 people

SOLVE THE PROBLEM NOW 5 days for NO MAKE ANY and you think will solve it in 2 days?

If want we have patience, make like FFXIV and make it f2p before solve the problem, and sure will be the worst f2p release in the MMO history, if make it for p2p MMO will be the most shame of history...

WE DON'T PAY FOR QUEUE, PAY FOR PLAY

Ok bioware enough already.

Your players need an update on the situation

don't keep us hanging your just annoying everyone now.

I think the number of posts in the last 24 hours justifies a response

and

I don't mean the pathetic two fingered response that we have all seen and read

Please bioware give us something, just talk to us. Most of all be honest with us

<3 please?