Regarding server queues

StephenReid

i dont want to start on another server as my guild is on this server why would i want to play solo ???

have them start over as well? or just play solo untill the server issues are resolved?// just saying you can do alot more productive things than sit around for 10 hrs trying to play your lvl 15 character.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Queued from 14:30 loged in 20:00. 5h 30 mins.

Played for 2 1/2 hrs approx.

Had a dc during space combat (Also a problem: terrible lag inside the starship) and got dced.

Tried to log in again fast.

Dloaded a patch and i am standing infront of 1500 people in line.

Expect to log in in 3 hrs or so.

By the way the wait time is a joke and the whole pre launch access is becoming this too.

(Note: The guild i was in was put at the terribad server, i had no choice changing this. We are 20 people in this guild and we all have the same problems more or less. We like the game but we absolutely hate the way we are treated like second or third class customers.)

I have to disagree with that though.

Loudmouth, no good, "casuals" have ruined WoW.

You are right, but there are two types of casuals.

1- The casuals who dont QQ on forums to become the game easyer about crafting, farming and pve boss.

2- The casuals who dont cry, they do step by step. Maybe no so fast like another gamers.

Totally missing the point, this isn't about what to do while queuing, it's the fact that you shouldn't have to queue at all..... sheesh

once again ques are nothing new to mmo's sit relax untill its fixed or find something else to do. it doesnt take long for these issues to be resolved (unless a week is somehow too long for you because you have cancer and only a month to live or something)

you don gett it, many off us are plased on servers by BW throug the guild deployment. iv bee in this guild for years. we want to play wit our guildis and friends. so just dont go down that road.

And also, I made 4 alts so far, moving to new servers each time.

Then I finally got fed up doing the same thing over and over and over and over, so I queue'd to get on my main realm again.

Leveled to 25 so far, no bloody way I'm moving to another realm again and they shouldn't require it from us.

Starting new alts on new servers just makes the initial content OLD, within the first week.

Even in WoW, once I finished leveling my main and started raiding with it, leveling a new alt was a fun thing to do, mostly because, back then, it had been half a year since I last leveled trough the content.

Your argument is utterly void and anyone repeating it makes me wish more and more for a "ignore user" feature on this forum.

Really? Ask the big 3 auto industry about that. They ignored their consumer complaints and how did it affect them!

I am not saying to ignore complaints, but just because something isn't being done immediately about the complaint or your complaint isn't addressed the way you like it doesn't mean Bioware isn't doing anything about it.

People complain and complain, then when Bioware brings out some fix if they don't like it they complain some more, and if they do like it they completely forget how immature they acted while they complained and start playing it, only to start complaining when something different happens.

It has all been pretty well said so far on this thread. yes I know it is pre-release, yes i know htere are still some bugs to work out and yes I have faith they are working on them. that being said, not a one of us has actually paid for this game yet and i cant see myself paying for a game so i can sit in queue for 2 hours. I have seen a few people say that queues are just apart of MMORPGs', ii disagree. I have palyed several and never encountered a queue till this game. 5 minutes, maybe 10 minutes would not be so bad but 45min to 4 hours is just rediculous. I already pay for 3 mmo's so if this isnt adressed and fixed prior to release i will keep my 50 dollars and play one of the MMORPGs' that i know work and have no queues :(:mad:

I wan to play as well... However... Lets agree to let the people drop who are clogging our servers that are not going to play after the 20th! I know 3 or 4 that are doing that personally. 5 days free just for a 5$ preorder? Sign me up?

Look I payed 150 for mine let's give them a few days after launch to sort out who is truely online and who is just playing the freebie!

Just saying!

Antihope!

once again ques are nothing new to mmo's sit relax untill its fixed or find something else to do. it doesnt take long for these issues to be resolved (unless a week is somehow too long for you because you have cancer and only a month to live or something)

^^^

Supporting this comment,

everyone wants to play ASAP and it has only just released.

Just wait, and the problem will be fixed.

Queued from 14:30 loged in 20:00. 5h 30 mins.

Played for 2 1/2 hrs approx.

Had a dc during space combat (Also a problem: terrible lag inside the starship) and got dced.

Tried to log in again fast.

Dloaded a patch and i am standing infront of 1500 people in line.

Expect to log in in 3 hrs or so.

By the way the wait time is a joke and the whole pre launch access is becoming this too.

(Note: The guild i was in was put at the terribad server, i had no choice changing this. We are 20 people in this guild and we all have the same problems more or less. We like the game but we absolutely hate the way we are treated like second or third class customers.)

lol your not being treated like second or third class customers my god kid, seriously stop blowing it out of proportion and acting like such a child. you are making the community look bad. sit back relax play on a different server or find something else to do with your time while they address the issue. que times are nothning new to mmos and should always be expected at launch (unless of course its not a big mmo hype wise)

Exactly, it's like people have never seen a line before. People have to wait for everything, that is why patience is a virtue.

With this particular thing there are only two options, wait for the queue, or wait a few weeks for there to be no more queues. The game just came out, everyone wants to play. In a few weeks people won't be playing all the time and will be level capped.

They can only add more servers or do any changes to the servers while they are down and the next planned maintenance is 5 hours before release at midnight EST on the 20th.

I'm sure they will add servers and improve queues at that point.

If they add too many servers they will run into server imbalance later on down the road, and that is much MUCH worse then a few complaints over having to wait in line that will stop in a few weeks time.

I am not saying to ignore complaints, but just because something isn't being done immediately about the complaint or your complaint isn't addressed the way you like it doesn't mean Bioware isn't doing anything about it.

People complain and complain, then when Bioware brings out some fix if they don't like it they complain some more, and if they do like it they completely forget how immature they acted while they complained and start playing it, only to start complaining when something different happens.

ROFL, I wouldn't pick the auto industry as an example ...

You miss the Bailouts or something?

They didn't fare so well ignoring customers, regulations, etc, etc

:) Hey guys! I`ve created a poem (yes there are may be mistakes cause I`m russian):

I`m playing swtor since received a pre access

I thought that I`ve found best game, it`s my success.

Three days of my life were for me like a song

Until I`ve found that the queues had been long

I tried to log-out, I selected new server,

Too later I found that`ve decayed whole service,

I`m crying embracing my retail game case

Not log-ining till capacity will extremely raise!

Enjoy!!!

And I don't understand why people can play a companies game, yet hate the company. It seems on the forums people are either "fanbois" or "haters" or "people who are neither yet hate the company". Why can't there be just an average player who can actually side with a company because the company is actually right, or I feel sorry for them?

It isn't always "the customer is always right".

But in this issue clearly the customer has the right or are you a ea/bioware worker and all is fine, the sky is blue and the birds sing pretty songs...

ROFL, I wouldn't pick the auto industry as an example ...

You miss the Bailouts or something?

They didn't fare so well ignoring customers, regulations, etc, etc

The person I was replying to used that example. What I am saying applies to all companies, and directly to Bioware, as we are on the forums for their game.

But in this issue clearly the customer has the right or are you a ea/bioware worker and all is fine, the sky is blue and the birds sing pretty songs...

Of course queues aren't fun, but they aren't something like a bug or glitch. A queue is a line, and in a line people have to wait. You can't just cut someone in front of you at the grocery store, you have to wait just like all the other people in the queue.

Exactly, it's like people have never seen a line before. People have to wait for everything, that is why patience is a virtue.

With this particular thing there are only two options, wait for the queue, or wait a few weeks for there to be no more queues. The game just came out, everyone wants to play. In a few weeks people won't be playing all the time and will be level capped.

I just pitty anyone who buys the game and hasnt been on here and realised they pay £30 to stand in a line as you say lol

I am sorry but this is all the Bioware's fault. :mad: Apparently almost every Italian, Spanish and russian guilds have been put in the same server which is the "Tomb of Freedon Nadd". Im in that server not because I liked the name of the server, I was simply forced since my freaking guild was assigned to that server. Its been 3 days and I still can't have access to my char. It not like I gonna wait for more than 2 hours for game. Not everyone has that luxury to wait you know

Note: Sorry for my bad english grammer

If I had to wait for 7 hours I'd go out.

I don't see how suggesting doing something else while you wait is unhelpful tbh.

cos some of us are adults with whife, children, and worck. so when we wont to do something else i turn on the PC and start SWTOR , and sits down to "Drums" que.

so than i turn on PC early and try to Adapt my day around SWTOR , dosent realy halp cos if im busy with RLF and are 10 min late after loging in you are trowen out to cue (and thar is ok and i agree on that) but it is the 5 - 6 hour que on my guilds server that is the main problem. get it, now turn of your PC go out find a girl start a family and repost in 10 years and i gues you agree :)

I just pitty anyone who buys the game and hasnt been on here and realised they pay £30 to stand in a line as you say lol

It is their own fault for not realizing this is an MMO game, just released, and of course it will have queues.

If they don't want to wait in a queue they should go play a single player game.

lol your not being treated like second or third class customers my god kid, seriously stop blowing it out of proportion and acting like such a child. you are making the community look bad. sit back relax play on a different server or find something else to do with your time while they address the issue. que times are nothning new to mmos and should always be expected at launch (unless of course its not a big mmo hype wise)

My kind sir, i am not a kid and i m not being any childish. I m just calmly experssing my thoughts and opinions discussed with my guildies. The frustration is unbearable and my leisure time is not limitless.

You, kind sir, should try to think first before replying, i really hope i will not meet people like you in game.