"The Grand Acquisitions Race" Next World Event coming (1.3)

RommelESP

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what the level range will be.

One for people with 50s only or stopping at some low level planet like the Rakghoul event?

P.D. I glady will accept a "Taun Fawn" Code for my discoveries for this one, our community... kkthxbye.

I just wish data-mining was against the TOS.

Edited by Bhaers

A couple of meters tall, a meter wide. Around at least in the Rep Fleet in the Combat, Crew Skills, Galactic Market etc sections where you go from higher, inner sections to the lower one. Edited by Rouge

I don't think the boxes have anything to do with a future world event (though the wreck of the Stardream was present on Tatooine several hours before the Rakghoul outbreak there started).

The boxes look exactly like the holographic ad kiosks that were present in the fleet before, but with the brightly colored holographic "ads" turned off. It might just be a glitch. They were the same way on the test server.

Hm. If this will be the 1.3-Event - why is there no adaptive armor in the event? This would be stupid by bioware - new feature: adaptive gear/armor, and an event without a new adaptive armor.

Ok, it wouldn't be the first time bioware doing something stupid.

Any idea when this is starting?

It was probably going to start after the maintenance last night, but thanks to everyone complaining, that's been postponed.

EDIT: NM, it seems the update wasn't postponed.

Edited by GGVK

And nothing.

Also oh noes QUEUES to wait and play?!?!? I would rather wait 20mins and have a full server then get in immediately and play on a dead server.

While I basically agree, I see up to 1.5 to 2 hour queues lately (EU) and I have some sympathy for people who simply do not have that kind of time. Also I think some of them would rather play on a dead server than not at all.

Any idea when this is starting?

Personally I'm guessing this will be delayed until 1.4. Probably part of the Underworld story line that was probably pushed back due to the game failing if transfers were not done quickly.

Are these boxes and stuff on the real fleet or the PTS?

On the Live servers. They are on the Republic side, but not on the Imperial, so it could be that it's a gradual thing, and we'll see the Imperial Fleet get theirs later with the event weeks away.... or the lack of Imperial boxes could be part of the event for all we know.....!

Edited by Catalan

It's probably going to end up going live next Friday. They're getting all the preparations for it together now, but if it's another week-long event like the Rakghoul Plague, then July 4th would fall right in the middle of it, and most of the US is probably going to skip playing that day. Bad idea to run an event during a holiday.

The Rakghoul Outbreak/Pandemic was a 9 day event. I would like the next event to be a 14 day event.

That way people won't QQ as much (Mockery: "Oh, woe is me I didn't get a full 5/5 event Social Gear or all 3 Event vanity pets!").

And let's not have another event on Tatooine for a while. Once a planet has had an event based on it, it should remain in the background for the next couple of events.

I'm hoping one event between 1.2 and 1.3 (Rakghoul), one between 1.3 and 1.4 (this one) and that this keeps up except before they release an expanision - I'd rather they focus on an expansion to prevent bugs.

I just noticed that my codex now says 9/10 for the events tab, I think that probably means this is coming soon! I would guess it will start showing up after maintenance on tuesday!

I can't imagine them launching an event over a holiday when many people may be otherwise busy and unable to play, but I could be wrong. It's clearly coming soon.

SWTOR Spy has a database dump of the current codex, and it includes the mystery #10 event entry (warning, spoilers at the below link).

http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/events/48506/

I can't imagine them launching an event over a holiday when many people may be otherwise busy and unable to play, but I could be wrong. It's clearly coming soon.

SWTOR Spy has a database dump of the current codex, and it includes the mystery #10 event entry (warning, spoilers at the below link).

http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/events/48506/

Hmmm...

Hmmm based on that codex entry, it would seem that the event is definatly intended to happen before the Gree Op goes live. That op seems like it will be 1.4, so it should happen before 1.4. *starts praying for 2 week event starting after July 11th*