Give us more Hutt Balls

Henu

I'd like to see more Hutt Balls in different scenarios, on different planets. BW can go far with this sport and even improve on it, things like this...

- New worlds, back drops and even a different Host of the game. ( Mandalorians, Imps, rebs or czerka hosts.)

- New traps, something specific to each world ( quicksand, tusken's random AOE attack etc)

- New obstacles, Moving plat forms or teleport pads.

- Random ball spawns, ball can spawn in 1/3 locations ( no more controlling the center)

- New random ball ( timed ball if you dont pass in X time)

- Shield bridge set on a timer with the ball holder in the middle... every so often the bridge vanishes meaning players can't hog the middle and have to change tactics also means using pull/rescue to save the ball holder from the bridge vanishing

I could see Hutt Ball going places...

I would LOVE to see a huttball match that included the use of the magnetic gun you can buy on Alderaan.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Gabe still works at Bioware. Because, he once said he'd love to see Huttball expanded into its own esport with different maps and tournaments, if memory serves.

I'd love to see that. Plus, doing it that way would allow those who enjoy Huttball to enjoy Huttball, while those who hate maps that require you to not be bad, can ignore it and continue pew pewing in Voidstar.

frankly for my tasts there is already 1 too many huttball maps in TOR.

If BW made huttball in its current and any future incarnations a separate queue, then go ahead and make more. getting more than 1 huttball a day would probably drive me into no longer pvping.

instead of more huttball BW should be doing something about open world pvp.

instead of more huttball BW should be doing something about open world pvp.

You mean ganking random people at terribly stacked an inopportune times. Yeah, that's e-sport material worthy of dev effort right there. ;)

Hutt ball most unbalanced crap

the team with more Stealth clases and tanks wins and basicaly thats it.

Especialy Shadows that can Pull you into traps and CC you Since witch other clas have an i win bottun like this in Huttbal ? + add stealth + ad they can tank.

huttbal is ******** till other clases not getting enought ability to be as viable as the shadows/assasins

Yes as a DPS sorc i have a Pull but i barely can use it to pull team mates bicous i dont have Stealth or i cant tank myself through the enemy and i dont have enough Defense CD to survive nuking so im basicaly death everytime i try to position myself for a pull.

Edited by Zoliaxen

I'd like to see more Hutt Balls in different scenarios, on different planets. BW can go far with this sport and even improve on it, things like this...

- New worlds, back drops and even a different Host of the game. ( Mandalorians, Imps, rebs or czerka hosts.)

- New traps, something specific to each world ( quicksand, tusken's random AOE attack etc)

- New obstacles, Moving plat forms or teleport pads.

- Random ball spawns, ball can spawn in 1/3 locations ( no more controlling the center)

- New random ball ( timed ball if you dont pass in X time)

- Shield bridge set on a timer with the ball holder in the middle... every so often the bridge vanishes meaning players can't hog the middle and have to change tactics also means using pull/rescue to save the ball holder from the bridge vanishing

I could see Hutt Ball going places...

Have a random chance to drop a rancor in the middle that attacks randomly and has no aggro table.

Fire pit in a circle around the huttball.

Treadmill type floors that change direction at random but with a higher chance of being in favor of the losing team.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Especialy Shadows that can Pull you into traps and CC you Since witch other clas have an i win bottun like this in Huttbal ? + add stealth + ad they can tank.

huttbal is ******** till other clases not getting enought ability to be as viable as the shadows/assasins

Yes as a DPS sorc i have a Pull but i barely can use it to pull team mates bicous i dont have Stealth or i cant tank myself through the enemy and i dont have enough Defense CD to survive nuking so im basicaly death everytime i try to position myself for a pull.

Then get out of this thread and don't play hutt ball. The people here are optimistic about huttball. why do you and your quoted poster feel the need to come into this thread and crap all over peoples' good ideas?

I have participated in a few of these threads talking about new huttball ideas. I'm all for it.

+1 for every one of these threads!

Would also be interesting to if you could use the warzone commendations to buy special equipment as onetime use items such as jetpacks Boba fett style to reach platforms, Stokhli spray stick to catch and hold players and other equipment that exist in the Star wars universe.

New maps would be a great starter but in the opening announcement cheating is allowed. Why not give us cheats we can buy before the game starts limit 1 cheat for a match. Cheats like grappling hooks (usable on your team and other team members), rocket boots (dash), jetpack (charge), shield gen (that give 3 sec of immune to all damage), knockback not sure what to call it and trap switch (change all traps current position on/off). Nothing game breaking but all the abilities that people complain about are unfair in Huttball right now.

I love this idea, where they can select a cheat/perk for that round and only get it for the round, perhaps add a cooldown of somewhere between 2-5 mins. Obviously limit it to 1 perk per player in the match

• 2 weeks later...

Everything about the OP's post is made of win! I love your ideas! Oh man, the idea of moving platforms and new traps sounds amazing! Hutball on a floating arena over a Sarlaac is a must have for one of the maps!

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but maybe having maps with traps that can be player controlled would be fun too. For example, having trap doors leading to a rancor pit that a player can switch on might be an interesting means of encouraging small skirmishes within a huttball match.

I especially like your idea of multiple spawn points for the ball and thematic planetary arenas!

Everything about the OP's post is made of win! I love your ideas! Oh man, the idea of moving platforms and new traps sounds amazing! Hutball on a floating arena over a Sarlaac is a must have for one of the maps!

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but maybe having maps with traps that can be player controlled would be fun too. For example, having trap doors leading to a rancor pit that a player can switch on might be an interesting means of encouraging small skirmishes within a huttball match.

I especially like your idea of multiple spawn points for the ball and thematic planetary arenas!

I was actually thinking about PvE style control for the Sarlac pit, might get more players into PvP... Perhaps a PvP/PvE instance where factions eventually have to face off against one and other when devouring the content. Not sure how it would work though.

But an organised team could push two buttons together and remove the bridge over the pit :p

I was actually thinking about PvE style control for the Sarlac pit, might get more players into PvP... Perhaps a PvP/PvE instance where factions eventually have to face off against one and other when devouring the content. Not sure how it would work though.

But an organised team could push two buttons together and remove the bridge over the pit :p

Just a FYI saying PVE in the PVP forums is like swearing... we dont like that word please do not let it come up again in the PVP forum :)

Perhaps a verticle huttball map.. a series of platforms you have to fight your way to the top to plant the ball.

the only way up is to be pulled, leap or pass the ball.

A slow moving elevator up the middle only non ball carriers can take and only takes players up.

It would take plenty of strategy as well as excellent pvp play to control a passage of platforms in order to get the ball to the top.