Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Disappointing world pvp

WessexFox

Think ill probably go back to either

WOW (instead of pretend subsitutes thats use the template of wow and then call it starwars or EVE (which has a bit of complexity to it although boring and repetitive until end game) .

Funny, people who actually play or played EVE would never ever ever in their right minds put that in the same ballpark as WOW. 2 totally different games, 2 total different play styles, 2 totally different servers...... they are apples to oranges.

So i know you never played eve beyond the free trial, because there is no TRUE END GAME. It is what the gamer makes of it. i have been playing since 2003, there is no END GAME.

Please all WOW kids go back to WOW. i do not like WOW, i do not like you in my game, nor do i want you here. you are ruining all games for everyone.

Funny, people who actually play or played EVE would never ever ever in their right minds put that in the same ballpark as WOW. 2 totally different games, 2 total different play styles, 2 totally different servers...... they are apples to oranges.

So i know you never played eve beyond the free trial, because there is no TRUE END GAME. It is what the gamer makes of it. i have been playing since 2003, there is no END GAME.

Please all WOW kids go back to WOW. i do not like WOW, i do not like you in my game, nor do i want you here. you are ruining all games for everyone.

Instead of bickering about how you hate WoW players how about you post something constructive that adds to the topic.

OP

Hopefully the 1.3 fixes to the hero engine are sufficient. What I would love to see is a zone that closely matches ilum in the respect that there are many daily quests and is resource rich, but is completely FFA. I do not believe that faction based PvP works well due to population imbalances on most realms.

Why everybody meniton WoW?) never seen that bul**** :/ - mention LA2 :) - best PVP i've ever seen. Want you or not you will be forced to do pvp one day because everything is shared in world and not bound. So fights are for each piece of the world. Even if you want just level up you must kill somebody before on high populated servers.

So my point is, just connect PVP and PVE activities, don't do it totally separated. It has no sence and borrying.

Right now I have 2 sets in my bag, for PVE and PVP, but PVE set I cant use on planets bcs of PVP possibility. So only use for PVE set is OPs/FPs which should give me more PVE to do more OPs and FPs ...what's the point of that? I can run once through it having PVP set just for fun and forget it totally.

*Or I have even better idea. I will run through it using YourTube :)

For example, just add to world mobs some pvp or WZ comms drops. Add couple bosses with big amount and couple hours or days respawn. With time pve sets will become not used though.

People are best motivated to do something by laziness and greed. So if you will give them chance to get a lot of something usefull and fast - they will fight for it.

Edited by alexzk

Hopefully the 1.3 fixes to the hero engine are sufficient. What I would love to see is a zone that closely matches ilum in the respect that there are many daily quests and is resource rich, but is completely FFA. I do not believe that faction based PvP works well due to population imbalances on most realms.

Yeah I would love that too, Fingers crossed that the Fixes help

http://torwars.com/2012/06/11/video-interview-with-james-ohlen-at-e3/

This sounds Promising.

I'm happy knowing there working on things to get WPVP, Just Allow me to attack the Fleet Ill be a happy man

Meh..."organic PvP...we have a whole team devoted to it..." just sounds too much like this "We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! Expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.".

I'm pleased he mentioned it (finally), but my faith in Bioware is at an all time low. I'll believe it when I see it...until then, SWTOR is a worthless, repetitive, boring PvE game that severely lacks enough PvE content at 50.

Meh..."organic PvP...we have a whole team devoted to it..." just sounds too much like this "We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! Expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.".

I'm pleased he mentioned it (finally), but my faith in Bioware is at an all time low. I'll believe it when I see it...until then, SWTOR is a worthless, repetitive, boring PvE game that severely lacks enough PvE content at 50.

I liked the mention because it's more in line with getting on the right track for OPvP. Seems to me that the first step to getting OPvP back into the game is to design the Worlds properly. That means a better mixing of the questing areas and open world content. Sounds like Makeb is going to have a better design in this regard.

Too bad the factions are so hopelessly unbalanced that it will be brutal going for Pub on most servers.

World pvp in this game will not happen ever. The reason being the games hero engine.It just cant handle more than 16 people in one area without serious perfromance issues. This is why all you will ever see is 8 vs 8. Its kinda of there way to hide the problem.

Agreed. This game will be F2P long before you see world PvP.

Well i expected better for a game that suppose to have cost over 120 million dollars - was most of that spent on voice actors i wonder ? certainly not the planets themselves with all the ridiculous instancing

1) its over instanced

2) There is no point to world pvp , no objectives , nothing

3) If you going to use starwars as the point of the game. Fight over pointless planets that no ones ever heard over

in starwars - cant see the point.

4) People want open world all level battles on battles like tattoine or even Dantooine or Dathomir or Naboo, not planets no one who have ever heard of like Illum or Magreb

5) Instancing is just lazy . Designating a game as an MMO (the acronym gives a clue what its suppose to be) - 30 people in one area having a combat is not what i call an MMO

6) Even wow does not have massive use of instancing . It has phasing yes (thats different) but not instancing.

The whole thing is very repetive and cannot see how they will make any profit for their share holders from a game that is a second rate copy of wow with the only added element of any worth ie voice actors (again gets repetive )

Spoken like a true sheep.... baaaaaaaah baaaaaaah baaaaaah!

Free to Play! I may stay it this happens, but I am SO tired of playing the same %#$% over and over along with the f$%^ing same 7 Pubs vs 8 (or even 9) Imps. It happens ALL THE TIME. We lose ALL THE TIME. I have enough losses for almost full War Hero gear and cannot last long enough to put damage on one player, with TWO WAR HERO BLASTERS! Without combat logging, I can't see how I died in 3 seconds (three!) by one person. Over 18K hp, WH gear, and one dude puts me in the medcenter in 3 seconds!. The hacks, the stupidity ( why does the "exit warzone button not activate AT 0 instead of a second AFTER 0? 3, 2, 1, 0, .... er..... er .... NOW! LOL!), the incompetence, the inanity, all this adds up to me leaving for Guild Wars 2. Can't be worse, and it ain't costin' me 15 smackers! LOL BIOFAIL!

Free to Play! I may stay it this happens, but I am SO tired of playing the same %#$% over and over along with the f$%^ing same 7 Pubs vs 8 (or even 9) Imps. It happens ALL THE TIME. We lose ALL THE TIME. I have enough losses for almost full War Hero gear and cannot last long enough to put damage on one player, with TWO WAR HERO BLASTERS! Without combat logging, I can't see how I died in 3 seconds (three!) by one person. Over 18K hp, WH gear, and one dude puts me in the medcenter in 3 seconds!. The hacks, the stupidity ( why does the "exit warzone button not activate AT 0 instead of a second AFTER 0? 3, 2, 1, 0, .... er..... er .... NOW! LOL!), the incompetence, the inanity, all this adds up to me leaving for Guild Wars 2. Can't be worse, and it ain't costin' me 15 smackers! LOL BIOFAIL!

Wow! Now that's a rant. Effing awesome...

LOL after this weekends gw2 beta this game has no chance in hell lol. Once again with the should coulda woulda team. One things for sure people dont believe anything till its in game ranked wz's need i say more.If they spent the same amount of money on actually developing the things they talk about we would have something. Glad i unsubbed just way to much talk.

6 months in same 4 wz's bold face lie about ranked wz's. 2 billion interviews about shoulda coulda woulda

Ea should hire jay and silent bob to promote swtor it would literally be the same but a hell of a lot cheaper.

Keep in mind this is the guy who thinks a lfg tool is new game content just saying

LOL after this weekends gw2 beta this game has no chance in hell lol. Once again with the should coulda woulda team. One things for sure people dont believe anything till its in game ranked wz's need i say more.If they spent the same amount of money on actually developing the things they talk about we would have something. Glad i unsubbed just way to much talk.

6 months in same 4 wz's bold face lie about ranked wz's. 2 billion interviews about shoulda coulda woulda

Ea should hire jay and silent bob to promote swtor it would literally be the same but a hell of a lot cheaper.

Keep in mind this is the guy who thinks a lfg tool is new game content just saying

After playing WvWvW PvP in this weekends stress test, Swtor will NEVER match GW2 in any way shape or form, there were so many things that made me think about how badly swtor tried to implement "World PvP", it's a horrible joke in comparison and the most glaring difference? NO LAG, there was a sea of red trying to bash down a gate and a large group of defenders, no lag, no slide-show, ilum was / is just a such a horrible joke it's not even worth discussing anymore. GW2 / Arenanet are offering things in beta that SWTOR are not even coming close to offering in 6 months of being live. If you want proper warzones and proper world PvP, then GW2 is where you should be looking, not swtor.

Worst part is thier saying the best pvp team is here lol. The best pvp team from what i seen in gw2 beta is thier my god does that game have it all. Problem with swtor is to much talk and PR very little development. 6 months in and all we have is 4 wz's to repeat and thats it. I dont think swtor will ever be able to compete with that wvwvw lol i honestly dont think any game out there can lol. Yeah its just mindblowing to see 100vs100 with no lag and siege weapons and all that stuff is just awesome. Depresses the hell out me for swtor though.

After playing WvWvW PvP in this weekends stress test, Swtor will NEVER match GW2 in any way shape or form, there were so many things that made me think about how badly swtor tried to implement "World PvP", it's a horrible joke in comparison and the most glaring difference? NO LAG, there was a sea of red trying to bash down a gate and a large group of defenders, no lag, no slide-show, ilum was / is just a such a horrible joke it's not even worth discussing anymore. GW2 / Arenanet are offering things in beta that SWTOR are not even coming close to offering in 6 months of being live. If you want proper warzones and proper world PvP, then GW2 is where you should be looking, not swtor.
Edited by publicenemies

Yes that was a rant, I had just lost in the umpteenth WZ and it got to me. But the bright side of the last two posts is that there is somewhere we can go for good gaming! That is the brightest hope I have had in weeks... it certainly wasn't in reaching 50 and buying freaking recruit gear, I tell you that! Edited by EarnestBunbury
none of your business

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.