instead of transfering to fatman for pvp

KamiShadow

i have made this thread so us players can all talk out alternative servers to switch to for pvp then just The Fatman..some people think why even bother and just go to The Fatman...well see thing about that is at certain times the server gets full and at that point players can not log on...so lets all figure out at least another 2 servers for pvp to switch to....i honestly think Infinity Gate is decent to start because the servers have a decent amount of players all lvls as well as 50..another server that is not to bad is The Bastion...lets figure this out and try to make a choice :rak_03:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea but think about how many people are transferring to Fatman...it will max out fast dont you think

I doubt it.

Every night theres a total of about 800 people in the starting zones on fatman.

This suggests that a lot of players probably have at least 1 character on fatman already.

Besides, forcing bioware to increase the cap over and over is a good thing.

Mega servers are the future of MMOs. If they don't adapt swtor will suffer.

I made a toon on Fatman and the quality of PVP is not nearly as good as it is on Sith Meditation Sphere. Granted, SMS is nearly dead now so the queues take forever (except from 4-9 pm), but the players who PVP on fatman are god awful. Sometimes, more != better. I can't wait until server transfers in 1.3.

The problem is that Fatman is a beacon for every PvPer, regardless of skill level. So, you get a ton of baddies, oh well.

The issue is this. With everyone going to Fatman, the times that the server are at Very Heavy are getting fewer and fewer. The last week the server has only been Heavy.

Meaning, fewer people are playing even on the Fatman. It's bad.

I made a toon on Fatman and the quality of PVP is not nearly as good as it is on Sith Meditation Sphere. Granted, SMS is nearly dead now so the queues take forever (except from 4-9 pm), but the players who PVP on fatman are god awful. Sometimes, more != better. I can't wait until server transfers in 1.3.

So you PvP'd vs. re-rolls from other servers in the 10-49 bracket, and concluded this was The Fatmans best?

lawl @ you

So you PvP'd vs. re-rolls from other servers in the 10-49 bracket, and concluded this was The Fatmans best?

lawl @ you

Yes, actually. Fatman didn't necessarily start out with the best PVP players (there is no way to prove you have good PVP players anyway without rankings), so the odds that better people transferred from other servers is quite high. Do "fatmans best" not have alts in the 10-49 bracket?

Yes, actually. Fatman didn't necessarily start out with the best PVP players (there is no way to prove you have good PVP players anyway without rankings), so the odds that better people transferred from other servers is quite high. Do "fatmans best" not have alts in the 10-49 bracket?

Yeah Freedon Nadd (euro reroll cluster****) has much higher quality in the 10-49 bracket at least...

Lol ^^^^

i have to agree with you there not many people use tactics in pvp in fatman or team work but maybe its different at 50...i can hope

As pvp will be cross server in 1.3 (unlike pve's dungeon finder) server specific pvp quality will disappear as they will all be queuing together.

I honestly hope no one is "forced" to go to Fatman as it will be at the loss of other "good" server communities or prevent that ever being the case. Most things I've heard is how Fatman does have generally lower standard of PvP, but then with a large group of players you are more likely to see that, there are always more bad players in PvP than good.

The Swift Sure is another alternative...

It's Empire heavy but nothing insane. The pubs def have a more organized PvP group but fairly balanced for the most part. Still run into a lot of groups that have no clue what they are doing but that goes for both sides. Pops are decent right now and it could be a good alternative to stacking the Fatman server to the point of wait times.

I highly doubt you will be able to do a free xfer to Fatman. It also wouldn't surprise me if you couldn't even do a paid xfer there as well. That said, I'd ask payers to give Anchorhead a try. Lowbie queues don't seem to be bad at all with both factions getting action. We're having some issues with queues past 1:30 am EST, but overall we have a decent population. I also expect our server to become a free destination server.

yes, actually. Fatman didn't necessarily start out with the best pvp players (there is no way to prove you have good pvp players anyway without rankings), so the odds that better people transferred from other servers is quite high. Do "fatmans best" not have alts in the 10-49 bracket?

^^^ lol !

For the West Coast, I'd transfer to Ajunta Pall over Swiftsure. Higher skill and maturity level. Even after the great Kiwi Migration, queues still pop every five minutes.

Before the Kiwi Migration, you could be in non-stop games, to like 4 AM in the morning. But sadly, they had to give the Kiwis their own server.

Edited by clearsighted

For the West Coast, I'd transfer to Ajunta Pall over Swiftsure. Higher skill and maturity level. Even after the great Kiwi Migration, queues still pop every five minutes.

Before the Kiwi Migration, you could be in non-stop games, to like 4 AM in the morning. But sadly, they had to give the Kiwis their own server.

There are only a few trolls on Swift Sure.. our Q pops are pretty good. I'd say 5-10 minutes but yeah... I def miss the Kiwi days. Really hurt our pop a lot... it's not that bad now but it was a lot better pre-kiwi servers.