Nerf

Budachxy

Eh, I honestly wished Bioware hadn't launched this game so early. Game is pretty good, no question there, but there's not really that much to do at 50. That's really my only problem with the game right now. All I'm doing is Warzones on my Operative over and over.

Yeah true.... but like any MMO it will grow over time. I think the long term potential of this game far out weighs any of the competition. I'm really looking forward to the day when they fix Ilum. Over all though I like where the game is headed.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, you hardly mentioned anything about classes. Your original post was about crying for nerfs or you'll leave...

So uhhhh, this is kinda awkward... but you can leave now. :rolleyes:

Isn't it kinda awekward how you're telling him to leave his own thread? lol

btw, marauders do have a advantage over every other class. And you can't say that not being able to interrupt Ravage isn't OP.

What I don't get, is these hate posts. Why do you hate other classes? Because one killed you? Just L2P and pay attention.

The PvP is in this game (so far) is based on OBJECTIVES. Why is there no threads about real imbalances, classes that can win the warzones due to their superior objective accomplishing power?

Because people don't know **** about PvP in this game...

btw, marauders do have a advantage over every other class. And you can't say that not being able to interrupt Ravage isn't OP.

They don't have the advantage of picking their own fights like stealth classes though.

They don't have the advantage of picking their own fights like stealth classes though.

not sure if srs

every class has the advantage of picking a fight if they want too, otherwise there would be no pvp rofl

btw, taunt doesn't work on players in case you're wondering. Other people are open up to take a fight against.

Edited by WaveRun

not sure if srs

every class has the advantage of picking a fight if they want too, otherwise there would be no pvp rofl

btw, taunt doesn't work on players in case you're wondering. Other people are open up to take a fight against.

Maybe I said it incorrectly. Meant that they have the advantage of striking first whenever they want. As a Marauder, when you run in/charge in, pretty much everyone can see you and will react accordingly. Stealth classes have the element of surprise though, and that can be a very big advantage if you use it correctly.

Personally... I don't see that being the most powerful tool of a marauder. Ravage only roots in the carnage tree, and the roots in carnage are the only thing making it worth speccing. In the annihilation tree a good player will simply just walk away from it. :D And just like going up against force lightning or the wall of rocks that a sage throws at me (whatever that's called). Every class has tools to escape these moves... it's all about using them at the right time. And if you use it against one player and another one comes in behind him and beats down on you immediately after leaving you without a way to escape... well, that's what PvP is all about.

And honestly no... it wasn't weird for me at all. We've made this a much more constructive thread now than it was before. :cool:

Marauders are probably going to get nerfed just on general principle since so many people are complaining.

There were minor complaints about the daily vs. weekly reward and look what happened. Mar will probably have their skill trees adjusted, and tankasins will have their timers increased.

I'll bet credits on it at this point. Why do you think the "updates" are taking so long?

Mara's do not need a nerf, they should be left as they are. People just need to learn how to counter them (which I do just fine on all my toons), it's the one's trying to facetank them with their light armor class that are crying on the forums.

Mara's do not need a nerf, they should be left as they are. People just need to learn how to counter them (which I do just fine on all my toons), it's the one's trying to facetank them with their light armor class that are crying on the forums.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Unfortunately I agree with both of you... even though it's more of a learn to play than it is an OP issue... just to keep players happy they will probably get a nerf. Like I've said before.. I think the balance is pretty good so far, I think the only real changes should be tanks should be slightly tougher and smugglers could use a small buff. Smugglers are the only class I see consistently under achieving.... Every other class in the game I've seen excel when in the right hands. Smugglers... hardly ever.

Either way... marauders/sentinels will probably get hit with the nerf bat simply over complaints. I think it's hilarious that it's the class being most cried about right now cuz I can put up better numbers with other classes and do it with far less effort. After a few drinks I don't even try to play my marauder. :D The marauder has some great tools and some great 1v1 damage... but it's also a far more difficult class to play than any of the others I've tried so far.

Even funnier is no one whines about sorcs but I've consistently seen a few sorcs on my server than can dish out 400k dmg and 400k heals in one WZ. I'd like to see any class try to put up 800k + of anything in a WZ on a REGULAR basis.

Edit: No one complains about sorcs post nerf bat... :rolleyes:

Edited by UGLYMRJ

And what class is the counter for Sniper?

Probably Operative/Scoundrel. Not kidding. Unless you are very skilled or have outside help, a decently skilled Op/Scoundrel will almost always win.

And what class is the counter for Sniper?

The best counter I've found for sniper/gunslinger is anything with stealth. A good sniper behind cover basically has you down to 30% or less by the time you get close. Behind cover he disables all gap closing tools by most classes (leaps or pulls) so the best tactic to shut him down is get the jump on him and stay all over him. Stealth being the easiest option unless you just happen to walk into one with his back turned....

Edited by UGLYMRJ

My Operative Medic can withstand a lot of Mara/Sent punishment. The ones that hurt are in pvp gear as are the ones who don't. Gear is not the issue when I get jumped by Maras/Sents.

There's 2 Maras and 1 Sent on my server that can take me down quickly if I don't blow my CDs (I know their names). That leaves a lot to be desired from the many mediocre to bad dual glow stick blenders.

I've literally stood there and talked smack in /say to bad ones because they have no idea what they're doing. When I detox their dots they don't reapply, they don't snare, they don't line up their buffs, etc.

The class has probably the biggest disparity between laughably weak to immensely OP of any AC in the game.

Marauders are probably going to get nerfed just on general principle since so many people are complaining.

There were minor complaints about the daily vs. weekly reward and look what happened. Mar will probably have their skill trees adjusted, and tankasins will have their timers increased.

I'll bet credits on it at this point. Why do you think the "updates" are taking so long?

Yep, it takes a real long time to change those things. ROFL

Here we go again : Is how u educate urself the theme of this thread? No. Do u know anything about my skill,how long i play, am i better than u or are u better than me,do i have more game knowledge than u or vice versa? No. is it a theme of this thread? No. Do u know how i fare against marauders and is it good or bad? No. Is it theme of this thread? No. Is referencing trying to point out game problem that made ppl protest and leave with crying mature? No. Do we care how squishy u was or how many charachters i have or what class they are?No. Is it thame of this thread? No. Plz take all these questions to ur own thread and discuss it together with ur awesomness there.

If you had skill and knew how to deal with maras, you would not have made this thread QQing about them.

I've come to the conclusion that the game is really balanced(some exceptions) but the real imbalance comes in when multiple (2+) of the same class/build are doing the same thing(ball carry,focus target, chain stun, cross heal ect ect).

Be it 2 Shadow tanks, 2 Op healers, 2 Sents, 2 Snipers, ect ect...

I do agree with biochem still being OP when I pop Relic + Adrenal = almost 900 power.

Mind you, this is all my personal opinion and is no way fact.

I've come to the conclusion that the game is really balanced(some exceptions) but the real imbalance comes in when multiple (2+) of the same class/build are doing the same thing(ball carry,focus target, chain stun, cross heal ect ect).

Be it 2 Shadow tanks, 2 Op healers, 2 Sents, 2 Snipers, ect ect...

I do agree with biochem still being OP when I pop Relic + Adrenal = almost 900 power.

Mind you, this is all my personal opinion and is no way fact.

I feel like it's pretty damn balanced too... I think DPS Smugglers/Agents could use a small damage buff. (I see all classes excel in PvP except these 2), but then again I'm going on assumption as I haven't played those 2 classes yet.

I completely disagree with the 2 of same class and biochem being OP... especially since WZ adrenals are for sale to everyone and are actually more powerful than Rakata Adrenals. As far as the same classes working together... I think that's great. Promotes teamwork and that is something that can make or break a WZ win vs loss.

Just my opinion as well of course...