Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

TOR Armour is Beautiful

Ultrascorch

I was running around on my sorcerer the other day and I couldn't help thinking how awesome the armour models are in this game. I just want to say thanks to the game artists for doing such a great job at making us feel epic.

My favourite armour at the moment is the inquisitor war hero gear, and the imperial agent helmet that has glowing white eyes (maybe you know the one I mean).

I was running around on my sorcerer the other day and I couldn't help thinking how awesome the armour models are in this game. I just want to say thanks to the game artists for doing such a great job at making us feel epic.

My favourite armour at the moment is the inquisitor war hero gear, and the imperial agent helmet that has glowing white eyes (maybe you know the one I mean).

I liked very few of the armor models, pretty much none of the endgame models looked even somewhat decent to me. When I leveled my warrior I liked some of the early-mid range armor but that was about it.

It just wont matter as more endgame armor sets are added with set bonuses in the armoring, especially with augment kits, and scalable social armors... oh yeah, and not to forget the nerf to the prices of mod extraction that will be coming in 1.3 too :D Edited by monkgryphon

When the wings on the shoulders of too many pieces of armor are big enough to accidentally decapitate a random person walking by, bioware should probably redo the armor.

Oh, the laughter. Thank you for this.

The low and mid-level armor looks great. It's the tier armor in this game that is a major fail. They completely lost touch of what Star Wars design looks like. Star Wars design with slight creative flare is what I was expecting. What we have is some WoW/SWTOR confused bastard child armor. Edited by Merex

When the wings on the shoulders of too many pieces of armor are big enough to accidentally decapitate a random person walking by, bioware should probably redo the armor.

There seems to be 3 types of armour in SWTOR.

1. The stuff based on the films - this is largely great and often unfortunately often still just in green.

2. Stuff designed for the game this is nice looking - there's a fair bit of this, but less than of 3.

3. Stuff designed for the game that looks like it came from WoW or Aion..... it either looks geuninely horrible or just really out of place.

I have to disagree with the op.Most of the armour looks horrible and ott.Wings,feathers,spikes,robotic looking gear is out of place in a star wars mmo.Give me plain stuff over this every day of the week.The only gear that looks half decent is some of bh/trooper sets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.