Bank Ninja Looted, CS does nothing?

SaintAvalon

How can you not know who the person is? just click on the bank log tab and look at who withdrew 25 items???

I don't understand... there IS a log for items, just not for credits.

Thank you, I was wondering the same thing. Bank log tab, it keeps a record of who withdrew/deposited what and when they did it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you not know who the person is? just click on the bank log tab and look at who withdrew 25 items???

I don't understand... there IS a log for items, just not for credits.

There was never an issue of knowing who the person was. The issue is knowing who invited them, what rank they actually held (to see if it was on our end, or something else such as waiting for the tick over).

This is also how we knew they left the guild right after taking the items, as their name isn't in our guild roster now.

Hence the reporting of the player, and trying to get the items restored.

It sucks that it happened, but this is generally a stance from alot of CS in other MMO's.

The only time my guild got crap back that was taken out is when the account was hacked. If it was done by the player on purpose, we were just S O L for trusting the wrong person.

I would suggest stricter withdrawl polices in the future.

There was never an issue of knowing who the person was. The issue is knowing who invited them, what rank they actually held (to see if it was on our end, or something else such as waiting for the tick over).

This is also how we knew they left the guild right after taking the items, as their name isn't in our guild roster now.

Hence the reporting of the player, and trying to get the items restored.

I suggest putting his name and your server in the OP so we know who to look out for then. No point in hiding a criminals identity.

You don't just take stuff and leave if you are a decent person, you refund them at least part way.

Be that as it may, it was the guild that allowed him access, so the only "punishment" should come from the guild. Get his name out there and what he did. Make it harder for him to join any other guild.

Shame there is no log to see what rank they were set to, and who did set it.

3 people can set ranks, including me... one is my cousin, he doesn't ever do it... the other my gf and well she's not an idiot.

But I can see how it would be easy to accidently set a rank up.

So, yeah totally could be but no way to even see.

Lame.

I suspect the gf of complicity in the theft - where's Inspector Clouseau when you need him?

If they don't do the log thing, there should definitely be an option to stage your pet Tauntaun on patrol to protect the vault.

Edited by jgelling

Be that as it may, it was the guild that allowed him access, so the only "punishment" should come from the guild. Get his name out there and what he did. Make it harder for him to join any other guild.

Exactly take screen shot of the bank log then make an example of him. We had a guy in eq2 who named himself after a ship that leaked oil badly, he got into the guild bank. We made sure everybody knew who he was he had to pay for a name change, to the same oil company that owned that ship, and pulled the same thing on another guild. Finally after several times he got a server transfer, last i heard he was perma banned, after pulling the same stunt over and over.

The best way to deal with him is to expose his activities on the fleet.

Lawl.

Okay so why do I think CS should do something? Because the idea of a ninja looter and the ability to recover the items through logs is that if someone joins, takes everything, and bolts you can get your items back.

I didn't realize this community was filled with cynicism.

People cheat and exploit in games all the time. If CS started giving back stolen goods, it wouldn't take long before people started exploiting this (there is already a well-known case involving a rare item that may have used an exploit based on a similar mechanism).

What I think is reasonable is that CS provide you with the name of the player that removed the item. At least then if it turns out to be someone you trusted, you will know.

The customer support in this game is singularly the worst support I've ever encountered. Really. It is just flat out aweful, horrible, terribad.

The only thing they seem to respond to are complaints about peoples names or harassment.

Anything beyond that, and I guarantee you will get something along the lines of, "Sorry, we know this is frustrating but we cannot help you."

Your stuff is lost. CS isn't going to help.

- P

Don't blame the CS- most likely he doesn't have a log just like you don't have a log and no one can track these thieves.

They sliced into your monitoring systems and there is not a trace of them left. I bet it was that Dread Pirate Roberts who took your belongings. Or the possibility that your account has been hacked.

If the tools to track aren't there the CS's can just give out things willy nilly, cause I think I lost something I left in your bank too. :p

Logs should have been added to Guild Banks.

That said, guild banks are horrible idea.

Speak for yourself. They're a great idea.

But with anything, you have to use responsibly. I've been gaming with the same folks for over a decade through several MMOs. We never put anything in the guild bank that isn't free for the taking, anyway. Anything that's not free for the taking, don't put it in the guild bank.

Pretty simple.

Sorry forgot, in this era of post WoW community, people don't believe in punishments.

My bad, this post was miss-placed.

There is no devious intent done by any of the people, and the logs would simply allow me to see the chain of events that led to him getting stuff so I can prevent it in the future.

My guild has some of the coolest people in it, obviously that guy was the exception.

Sorry forgot, in this era of post WoW community, people don't believe in punishments.

There is no devious intent done by any of the people, and the logs would simply allow me to see the chain of events that led to him getting stuff so I can prevent it in the future.

My guild has some of the coolest people in it, obviously that guy was the exception.

I didn't play WoW but all of two long months. However, no one is saying he should go without punishment. It should be you doing the punishing, though. Take some responsibility for your own guildmates and ex-guildmates, man.

This is not a CS issue, get over it.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I didn't play WoW. I also believe you, being a guild leader, are responsible for all of your guild members, past and present.

I was told that if a player has the proper permissions they can't return items. So person is in the guild (no one knows who they are, and without an in game log I can't see when they were invited, nor the position they were placed at).

They also claim that we gave them permission, yet they took 24 items, I have it set to 14 items in a week...

So how did they get 24? The only rank that can get 25 items is officer, and only real life friends are at that rank.

So, items stolen and nothing is done. The person came on, looted, and ditched guild. That seems like the exact thing they would look for when someone steals everything.

All epics too.

Lame.

When did it happen? Maybe they took stuff on the backend of the bank cycle and again afterwards.

Nothing wrong with what he did congrats to guy who stole it..

For so long in these theme park type of games guilds are nothing but a group of people who use each other to get shiny crap and are not even friends and all the systems protect you and most people live in a bubble.

In EVE people steal from corps all or alliances all the time and its pretty awesome when an alliance after years finally trusts you to move trillions of isk worth of stuff or give you access to hangers and we all think about riding off into the sunset but its what we choose do and who we will do it to that matters.

I think guild thefts are awesome!

Somehow I doubt you've been on the receiving end of it, and are usually on the doing end.

After dealing with a guild on WoW run by a 16-17 yr old girl who ran around inviting everyone she passed by, and dealing with a guild thief that kept stealing for a month before I was promoted high enough to kick him out/do anything about it (even with logs) and then having her go and invite his alts in as she saw them and have the thing repeat itself, I totally disagree with your viewpoint.

Especially after the guy messaged me specifically and laughed about how many things he stole and re-sold on AH.

Guild thief are scum, bottom of the bucket, and are part of the reason I won't join guilds unless I really get to know a few of the members...