Daniel Erickson reveals plan to merge into super-servers!

Pahomi

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was smart and re-rolled on a higher pop server, took me literally about five minutes.

What about people who don't want to leave their guild? I’m on the server that BW put my guild on. Once the server pop went down were we all supposed to abandon our characters and start from scratch on a new server? Is that really what we should have to do?

I was smart and re-rolled on a higher pop server, took me literally about five minutes.

more like you were dumb for giving bioware a free pass and not voicing your displeasure about server pops. people like you, who have re-rolled ,just bought bioware more time to not implement the transfers sooner.

What about people who don't want to leave their guild? I’m on the server that BW put my guild on. Once the server pop went down were we all supposed to abandon our characters and start from scratch on a new server? Is that really what we should have to do?

Well no, you just wait till transfers ^^ if your server is one to transfer away from, get all/most of your guild to transfer together somewhere.

There was also mention of something to do with transferring whole guilds...but I could be wrong about that.

Well no, you just wait till transfers ^^ if your server is one to transfer away from, get all/most of your guild to transfer together somewhere.

There was also mention of something to do with transferring whole guilds...but I could be wrong about that.

Cool, will BW be suspending the subscription charge for all the people on ghost town servers in the meantime? Grated that’s a rhetorical question to make a point but it’s a point worth making. People back in a January were saying that game may not have much longevity and were predicting all but empty servers within 6 months. BW have failed to address the longevity issues or put any contingency into place for low server population. So either they couldn’t predict what a bunch of players could or they simply didn’t bother to plan.

more like you were dumb for giving bioware a free pass and not voicing your displeasure about server pops. people like you, who have re-rolled ,just bought bioware more time to not implement the transfers sooner.

Ah Tloops, one of the Tin-foil veterans, nice to see you.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

In the community Q&A released Friday the 25th, they hint at the server transfers some more.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-may-25th-2012-%E2%80%93-special-edition-game-update-1.3

Daniel: [snip] we are pushing hard on servers that are massive compared to the ones we launched with. Early tests show we’ll be able to raise the peak concurrent user cap above what it was at launch. Combining that with server transfers to enable players to move to these new servers and fill them to the brim, we should see some fantastic, vibrant communities develop where Group Finder will always be able to find someone for your content.

CompassRose: Many players are concerned about the upcoming character transfer feature. One question frequently being voiced in the forums is that of retaining their legacy surname. [snip]

Daniel: We’re not quite (almost!) ready to talk about the specifics but rest assured we are doing everything we can to make the process as easy and low-impact to the greatest majority of players as possible. We should have better specifics soon.

Anything to stop the whiners. Honestly, never seen a game with so many whiners who then keep playing anyway...

So, if you prefer that everyone with valid complaints and remaining active game time stops posting, this forum will soon be as dead as most of the servers. You want tumbleweeds rolling around here?

Well unless you are the only person left in your guild, what's the problem? If your guild is intact you should be happy that you guys have a whole server to yourself. You only need 17 others to go play

Please god tell me this will quieten down the immense whining in these forums.

I must say this idea intrigues me,

How very unique. A complainer who puts himself above other complainers by complaining about complainers!

Well unless you are the only person left in your guild, what's the problem? If your guild is intact you should be happy that you guys have a whole server to yourself. You only need 17 others to go play

The leaps of logic the fanboys are now making to defend the problems are getting funnier and funnier. Reread what you just typed. “Unless you are the only person left in your guild what’s the problem? . . . you only need 17 others to go play.” I’m assuming this isn’t sarcasm.

How very unique. A complainer who puts himself above other complainers by complaining about complainers!

Ironic isn't it!? And you are complaining about him complaining about complaining complainers that do nothing but complain. :p lol sowwy had to do it :p

Edited by Sarfux

Super servers= Marketing ploy

It will be the same size server but with a high pop cap and it will cover the sheer number of mergers they will have to do to fill these "super" servers.

Even if this is true, does it matter? It fixes the population issues at the same time as being something exciting and new, and avoids tons of bad PR.

Im watching the MCM Expo from London video from the other post on the forums and the guy speaking just said that daniel erickson said something he should not have said. Hes talking like the "super servers" are still a ways down the road and just plain old server transfers to existing servers are what we are getting. So much for same server lfg tools working.

Whatever it takes to keep them from addressing the issues that are making people quit...no really...this is GREAT news!

<Bang>

That was the sound of a nail being hit on the head. Do we need server merges? Yes. Do BW need to also sort out the root cause of the low server population? Even more so. A lot of people seem to think that merging the servers together will solve all the issues. It won’t it’s just a stopgap that will buy time.

Well good, hopefully this thread can die now for a while :p we arnt getting any 'super servers' for a long while to come. They're still very much in the works for the future.

Until then, transfer together to create a handful on good populated servers and enjoy the game as if we were all on Fatmans :) these servers shall be renamed Fatmen

Well good, hopefully this thread can die now for a while :p we arnt getting any 'super servers' for a long while to come. They're still very much in the works for the future.

Until then, transfer together to create a handful on good populated servers and enjoy the game as if we were all on Fatmans :) these servers shall be renamed Fatmen

Tomb of Freedon Nadd on PVP EU has a nice pop. I'm also on Legions of Lettow as you (if your signature is still up to date) and I'm planning to move my chars there as well as the rest of my guild.

What happens to a players toons if the sever merges happen an Ive already got some toons on other severs. Is BW bumping up the amount of toons able to be created? Cause it sure as hell would be nice if they actually had enough so you could have 2 of each class for both AC since we CANT change between the two

What happens to a players toons if the sever merges happen an Ive already got some toons on other severs. Is BW bumping up the amount of toons able to be created? Cause it sure as hell would be nice if they actually had enough so you could have 2 of each class for both AC since we CANT change between the two

It says "new servers"

Daniel: [snip] we are pushing hard on servers that are massive compared to the ones we launched with. Early tests show we’ll be able to raise the peak concurrent user cap above what it was at launch. Combining that with server transfers to enable players to move to these new servers and fill them to the brim, we should see some fantastic, vibrant communities develop where Group Finder will always be able to find someone for your content.