Patch 1.4 What do you want?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't already posted this on the Suggestion Box then you should. These are some really well thought-out ideas and I agree with almost all of them (not interested in PvP or cross-server raids but love everything else). As a compilation of ideas for features this is probably one of the best posts I've seen recently.

Its a community designed list

World events. not like the Rakgoul plague (which was great anyway), but regular world events on every planet. Automatic invitation to join the raid group when you are near the event (world boss, invasion). This was the best thing I remember in Rift, it was cool to participate in the events with 50-100 people, this is what brings the community together. Need bigger servers for this to happen, but hopefully 1.3 will take care of it.

Four (4) new races - It may be a little soon for this, but whenever it does happen give us four; not one or two, otherwise we will only see that one or two and no others for quite awhile.

More actual quests for our Companions and sync this up with the "break" in between Acts, so that when we are told to take some time off, we actually do something in our off-time instead of reporting for duty 5 minutes later. This goes for some personal missions as well which could wrap up something we did during the preceding Act.

Internal Ship customization/decoration. I have a rather impressive looking fake jewel which I would like to display in my room, and while we're at it, give me a reason to go into my room or hang out in the common area.

Add a commendation vendor to the Bonus Series for each planet so we can use the extra commendations or just give us level appropriate commendations or let us convert commendations.

P.S. - Love the game Bioware, keep up the good work.

Four (4) new races - It may be a little soon for this, but whenever it does happen give us four; not one or two, otherwise we will only see that one or two and no others for quite awhile.

More actual quests for our Companions and sync this up with the "break" in between Acts, so that when we are told to take some time off, we actually do something in our off-time instead of reporting for duty 5 minutes later. This goes for some personal missions as well which could wrap up something we did during the preceding Act.

Internal Ship customization/decoration. I have a rather impressive looking fake jewel which I would like to display in my room, and while we're at it, give me a reason to go into my room or hang out in the common area.

Add a commendation vendor to the Bonus Series for each planet so we can use the extra commendations or just give us level appropriate commendations or let us convert commendations.

P.S. - Love the game Bioware, keep up the good work.

Yeah I would love new races. I find it funny that on the forums we have such a wide range of races to choose from for avatars yet in game you cannot match your forum avatar. I only want to be a Hutt BH...make it happen BW!

This is what I came up with off the top of my head (about 5 minutes). I'm sure I've missed a LOT of stuff that would be cool. =)

To create classes not initially bound to a faction

ex 1.) Want a trooper, roll one. Have the story diverge at a pivotal point where your CHOICES determine your faction (recruitment to one of the two military factions). Both factions have "Troopers."

ex 2.) Want a Jedi, roll. Start off in the Academy with your trials and, at some pivotal point in the story, allow the player to chose, through their actions and interactions, which faction they will go with. Both factions have "Jedi."

-This would allow for, at some point in the future, implementation of a third / neutral faction.

-This would allow for choices to actually matter.

-They could implement some side-mission for each class to change factions. Could be multi stage (possibly involving some type of rep grind) because the factions would be more malleable.

-Have a divergent storyline for each class, but let the player actually be involved, not merely a third person omniscient observer who controls movements with three ways of saying the same thing in every conversation.

-This would allow for more depth, meaning, and content for those classes not wielding the force (Spy, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, etc).

-Would be a move toward allowing a player to create THEIR Jedi / Spy / etc, and not another version of Biowares.

Space!

-Freeform flight!

-Multiple ships that can be selected by any class!

-Ships that can be customized (inside AND out!) by their owner!

-Ships that can be bought / sold to other players!

-Guild capital ships that can be place at their respective fleets and moved around (at first) within the fleet. Yes, make it so everyone can see the ships! Yes, make it so that you (your guild) can CUSTOMIZE the ship with various things. Make various TYPES of capital ships, each with pros and cons.

-Later on, allow for fleets to be engaged in space by opposing faction. Capital ship movements to the various planets. Possibly planets that can be blockaded / sieged for resource control and possibly various PvE content on those planets to make them more desirable.

-Later on, the creation of desirable areas in space (resources / PvP & military strategic value / etc).

-The possibilities are endless here so I'll stop now.

Social Aspects

-Chat bubbles

-Interactive seating

-Passenger capable vehicles

-Side games (Pazaak / swoop / etc)

-Cantinas that are interactive (not just a hokey jukebox).

-Player music?

-Tools that the community needs to...build a community instead of being a bunch of stragers logging in to spam LFG on /1 and do anonymous PvP with in a queued up warzone.

A move to meaningful PvP

-Warzones have no meaning outside of the warzone. Keep them, but bring a shift in emphasis to PvP outside of them.

-Section on "Space" would help this - a LOT.

-Allow player controlled planets or parts of planets.

-Allow player (guild) created structures / bases on said planets.

-Have some form of resource collection that is USEFUL for various activities (crafting - ESPECIALLY space related components)

-Tie the PvE crowd in by involving some form of desirable PvE on the zones that are controlled.

-Instead of making an entire planet PvP, make the controllable zones PvP and the areas with PvE in them PvE only (except PvP servers) to allow for the proper separation of play-styles while keeping them both relevant and wanting the same thing - control of the zone!

Some QoL changes

-If you insist on having a Level + Talent tree system, then allow us to leverage some form of dual / multi spec.

-More crafting schematics - especially those that craft armor. The orange shell is this game's de facto appearance tab. Give us more options!

-Work on crafting. We need a vibrant economy where goods (and services) are traded.

-Expanded legacy (and lets not stick with Character Perks either - it feels like a cheap way of draining MORE credits with the same system).

-Incoporation of OTHER players into each ohters legacy.

Performance Optimizations

-Them load times are ridiculous. End of story.

-I don't think its any secret (to those either playing or working on the game) that performance needs a lot of work, especially to add any of the above.

this is what i came up with off the top of my head (about 5 minutes). I'm sure i've missed a lot of stuff that would be cool. =)

-this would allow for, at some point in the future, implementation of a third / neutral faction.

-this would allow for choices to actually matter.

-they could implement some side-mission for each class to change factions. Could be multi stage (possibly involving some type of rep grind) because the factions would be more malleable.

-have a divergent storyline for each class, but let the player actually be involved, not merely a third person omniscient observer who controls movements with three ways of saying the same thing in every conversation.

-this would allow for more depth, meaning, and content for those classes not wielding the force (spy, bounty hunter, smuggler, etc).

-would be a move toward allowing a player to create their jedi / spy / etc, and not another version of biowares.

space!

-freeform flight!

-multiple ships that can be selected by any class!

-ships that can be customized (inside and out!) by their owner!

-ships that can be bought / sold to other players!

-guild capital ships that can be place at their respective fleets and moved around (at first) within the fleet. Yes, make it so everyone can see the ships! Yes, make it so that you (your guild) can customize the ship with various things. Make various types of capital ships, each with pros and cons.

-later on, allow for fleets to be engaged in space by opposing faction. Capital ship movements to the various planets. Possibly planets that can be blockaded / sieged for resource control and possibly various pve content on those planets to make them more desirable.

-later on, the creation of desirable areas in space (resources / pvp & military strategic value / etc).

-the possibilities are endless here so i'll stop now.

social aspects

-chat bubbles

-interactive seating

-passenger capable vehicles

-side games (pazaak / swoop / etc)

-cantinas that are interactive (not just a hokey jukebox).

-player music?

-tools that the community needs to...build a community instead of being a bunch of stragers logging in to spam lfg on /1 and do anonymous pvp with in a queued up warzone.

a move to meaningful pvp

-warzones have no meaning outside of the warzone. Keep them, but bring a shift in emphasis to pvp outside of them.

-section on "space" would help this - a lot.

-allow player controlled planets or parts of planets.

-allow player (guild) created structures / bases on said planets.

-have some form of resource collection that is useful for various activities (crafting - especially space related components)

-tie the pve crowd in by involving some form of desirable pve on the zones that are controlled.

-instead of making an entire planet pvp, make the controllable zones pvp and the areas with pve in them pve only (except pvp servers) to allow for the proper separation of play-styles while keeping them both relevant and wanting the same thing - control of the zone!

some qol changes

-if you insist on having a level + talent tree system, then allow us to leverage some form of dual / multi spec.

-more crafting schematics - especially those that craft armor. The orange shell is this game's de facto appearance tab. Give us more options!

-work on crafting. We need a vibrant economy where goods (and services) are traded.

-expanded legacy (and lets not stick with character perks either - it feels like a cheap way of draining more credits with the same system).

-incoporation of other players into each ohters legacy.

performance optimizations

-them load times are ridiculous. End of story.

-i don't think its any secret (to those either playing or working on the game) that performance needs a lot of work, especially to add any of the above.

/this. I took out the cross faction profession stuff because i highly doubt we will ever see anything like that. It a major VO issue.

chat bubbles I have tried RP with out them and it is a pain in the neck, because i have to spend to much time trying to figure out who is saying what.

Edited by kirorx

I took out the cross faction profession stuff because i highly doubt we will ever see anything like that. It a major VO issue.

I doubt we will see any / most of it, but the thread is about what I'd like to see. =P

Was just thinking about 1.3 and it looks good and all but what about 1.4 i know its ages away an all but what do you think/want to be in it?

"Mega servers" and if they arent feasable by 1.4 then x server lfg if it fails in 1.2.

Macros and dual specs.

Continued fine tuning of loot progression so its not so trivial and so theres a reason for people who raid to do flashpoints.

Fix pvp i.e. balance classes and take the steroids away from expertise.

The thing's I would like to see in future patches would be;

1. World-PvP objective system on planets and or RvR system.

2. No more phased instancing.

3. The possibility of adding trophies to hooks on our ships.

4. DX11 support for high end gaming rigs.

5. More races to choose from.

6. Less voice overs and more content for multi-player.

7. More music in-game.

8. CE Vendors updated with more exclusives.

9. The ability to see chat bubbles over head and possibly on the group interface.

10. Better Auction House.

11. Server consolidation.

12. Addon Support.

13. Dual Spec.

Edited by SWGVet

Things I would like to see implemented in the future (though I see each player as very diferent desires, wich wont make the devs job of satisfying them any easier):

1- New medium sith armor like the Xenotech Weaponmaster's Vest, that doesnt require a raid - I would be very happy with one in black.

2- Less rare Sith supreme inquisitor robe (light armor) - I already have mine, but I have people in the guild having a very hard time getting one to drop - this is the kind of orange armor my sith would use.

3- A more vibrant world. You have chosen to follow the same graphics path as wow, that is by now a very old game but way more vibrant, with all sorts of creatures moving around like they would on a real life world. It was also said before on those forums that having 3 replicas of the same npc on the same group populating any area looks sloppy.

4- More solo end game content - dailies are boring to death, after we do them 4 or 5 times.

5- Player housing that can be customised. As it is few people even log off on their ship - also there is no reference about if those are rested areas or not. At the moment they are a mean of transport, not a house we can call our own.

6- Current armor fixes. Many have annoying clipping issues.

7- Dragon Age style feedback from the companion we are romancing - they will still use the single person lines even though we are already married with them. Merril for instance was amusing to have around when we were romancing her, with her babbling inlove lines.

8- Customisable ships and space combat out of rails - SWG had this right in my humble opinion.

9- More missions on korriban. Its a great iconic planet and it was important on kotor. We should return to it for more meaningfull stuff.

10- Open world planets - less exaustion. I would like to give use to my bike to explore planets like tatooine, wich I gave up due to bumping too often on Exaustion Zones.

11- Pazak, track races, arena fights (and more), like in kotor.

12- Legacy race unlocks account wise.

I doubt we will see any / most of it, but the thread is about what I'd like to see. =P

True enough, then on that note...I would also like to see the ability to change factions based on yout actions :cool:

If you haven't already posted this on the Suggestion Box then you should. These are some really well thought-out ideas and I agree with almost all of them (not interested in PvP or cross-server raids but love everything else). As a compilation of ideas for features this is probably one of the best posts I've seen recently.

Don't worry I stumbled on that well thought post and added the entries in the thread in my sig. ;)

Things I would like to see implemented in the future (though I see each player as very diferent desires, wich wont make the devs job of satisfying them any easier):

1- New medium sith armor like the Xenotech Weaponmaster's Vest, that doesnt require a raid - I would be very happy with one in black.

2- Less rare Sith supreme inquisitor robe (light armor) - I already have mine, but I have people in the guild having a very hard time getting one to drop - this is the kind of orange armor my sith would use.

3- A more vibrant world. You have chosen to follow the same graphics path as wow, that is by now a very old game but way more vibrant, with all sorts of creatures moving around like they would on a real life world. It was also said before on those forums that having 3 replicas of the same npc on the same group populating any area looks sloppy.

4- More solo end game content - dailies are boring to death, after we do them 4 or 5 times.

5- Player housing that can be customised. As it is few people even log off on their ship - also there is no reference about if those are rested areas or not. At the moment they are a mean of transport, not a house we can call our own.

6- Current armor fixes. Many have annoying clipping issues.

7- Dragon Age style feedback from the companion we are romancing - they will still use the single person lines even though we are already married with them. Merril for instance was amusing to have around when we were romancing her, with her babbling inlove lines.

8- Customisable ships and space combat out of rails - SWG had this right in my humble opinion.

9- More missions on korriban. Its a great iconic planet and it was important on kotor. We should return to it for more meaningfull stuff.

10- Open world planets - less exaustion. I would like to give use to my bike to explore planets like tatooine, wich I gave up due to bumping too often on Exaustion Zones.

11- Pazak, track races, arena fights (and more), like in kotor.

12- Legacy race unlocks account wise.

Pretty much all Pompeia just listed. i would also like to add:

Hairdresser. I dont really care if it will be bound to legacy or not, i just want the option to change hairstyle/colour/tattoos

A continuation in class quests (chapter 4) - probably too soon to hope for that though

In addition to the Pompeia's nr-1 request, i would like all the heavy armour juggernaut looks to be available in medium armour (and vice/versa if you like)

More character slots - a total of 16 slots per server would be great

Edited by Ceihra

This is more for 1.4 and 1.4+, but here it goes:

-A better armor selection including Mandalorian armors (Would love the Blue one that is currently unavailable in game and the Crimson Social Set that was removed after beta. Would Also love Neo Crusader armor) **Has been confirmed by the devs that they are bringing all of the social sets back including heavy and medium** Also the ability to fully customize the color and look of your armor i.e. damaged, burned etc.

-Player Bounties, I don't care how, but make it happen :D **The devs said they had some ideas that were in the air about this**

-Faster Speeders

-New Titles Such as "The Mandalorian, Dark Jedi, Pirate, Fallen Jedi, Super Commando, Soldier, etc. Also, more unique titles from doing missions.

-More creatures, there aren't a whole lot of creatures and it would be nice to have a lot more. (Where are my Krayts? Aren't Krayt Pearls in the game?)

-The ability to name crafted gear i.e. weapons and armor.

-The ability to use 3 companions instead of 1, sometimes its hard to find a group and also sometimes its nice to solo and its impossible to solo hard areas with just a single companion.

-Pazzak tables! It would be awesome to add Pazzak dens to Cantinas, have players collect unique cards and build special decks and play each other for credits in addition to playing NPCs. (Pazzak was huge in the KOTOR games and it was very fun.)

-Chat Bubbles, they were taken out due to performance issues and the devs said they were very close to implementing them. It would be a lot easier to RP with them. **The devs have confirmed that this is a top priority and will be out very shortly**

-The ability to sit in chairs and benches, especially in Cantinas for RP purposes. **This is actually shown in the video showcasing 1.3 so maybe we will have it sooner rather than later.**

-The ability to bring other players on to your ship, give more ship customizations such as weapons, armor and even look. Also the ability to completely customize the inside of it and an off rails experience that includes space PVP combat.

-Cross faction chat and duels to the death.

-Server merges and a reduction in the total amount of servers so we can have people to play with.

That's all for now, but I think this is a great start :D

• 1 month later...
After watching EA's video on what stuff will be coming this year, I want Cathars to be a playable species in Patch 1.4. If EA won't give us more character slots, I'll delete my old characters just to play a Cathar. If the game grows to have too many species and too little character slots, I say get rid of Twi'leks. I hate Twi'leks more than Khem Val loves to eat people. :D