slinger/sniper weakness

justntrue

You do that to a dummy right?. Sorry, when i see a MM Sniper with my Sage, i dont need to use Telekinetic Throw spam. And you can shoot me Snipe, no more. And if you are in cover, is not instant so good luck. Im ranged, got ranged stun, lift, a root, a snare and LoS is my friend. I get out your line of sight and good luck with your ambush and your rotation. Be happy with your entrench there with some dots on you, some instant proyects, in and out. you are the dummy, not me.

Repeat, players dont know how face a MM Sniper. I know cos i got a WH GS. Know your enemy Sun Tzu said.

As I said in the above post. EP > Laze Target > Insta snipe. I'll entrench and leg shot you while I cast my ambush. You're now down to half health and the next two attacks are insta cast. You have no chance.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do that to a dummy right?. Sorry, when i see a MM Sniper with my Sage, i dont need to use Telekinetic Throw spam. And you can shoot me Snipe, no more. And if you are in cover, is not instant so good luck. Im ranged, got ranged stun, lift, a root, a snare and LoS is my friend. I get out your line of sight and good luck with your ambush and your rotation. Be happy with your entrench there with some dots on you, some instant proyects, in and out. you are the dummy, not me.

Repeat, players dont know how face a MM Sniper. I know cos i got a WH GS. Know your enemy Sun Tzu said.

I do not playing MM sniper, but if I'll do, I'll make sure to get a 35 m leg shot root before doing something else to you.

As I said in the above post. EP > Laze Target > Insta snipe. I'll entrench and leg shot you while I cast my ambush. You're now down to half health and the next two attacks are insta cast. You have no chance.

Just dream again.

Other people pretty much responded to why you are completely wrong, but regardless, I have both a Battlemaster Sniper and Battlemaster DPS Sorc, so I know this matchup very well. Not only that, I play Lethality, which is not as effective against Sorcs because the majority of good Sorcs will make a run for it once they see how much damage a good Sniper can output.

If you read my post, which you evidently didn't, I told the OP that he has to:

1) Be good about positioning, and avoid getting into fights where he can get pillar humped and

2) Use entrench; good luck using your cc then

If the OP is good, he can also take advantage of Electrocute and Cover Pulse->Ambush, which are both effective openers.

Not only that, if your team is halfway good, it can be comparably effective dropping a Sorc to 20%, and it's ok if they flee and heal because it takes them out of the fight for the next 10-20 seconds, and that's assuming they don't get killed by the armies of Marauders and Assassins roaming the field now.

The value of a good Sniper is zone control, such as the middle of the field in Huttball. No other class does zone control as well as a GS/Sniper, other than a Tankasin.

Edited by Kllashaa

DPS Sorcerers are a complete joke for a sniper/GS to deal with. Make sure you're in an area where you're not going to get pillar humped, otherwise learn how to position yourself better. If your gear is bad, toss Shattering Shot (armor debuff) on the Sorc first, then Shield Probe -> Cover (make sure you've disabled rolling into cover) -> Entrench -> Laze Target -> Explosive Probe -> Snipe -> Followthrough -> Ambush -> Series of Shots -> Followthrough -> Takedown.

(23/16/2 or some variant thereof).

What sorc is going to stand in a sniper's los for that many GCDs? And, heck, half of those are channeled. So you expect some sorc to engage on equal terms for ~16 seconds?

Any sorc worth his or her salt, tosses 2-3 DoTs, a deathfield and a shock while retreating, then comes back 15 seconds later to finish the job. That's if relics, recklessness and adrenals aren't all available. If they're all off cooldown, the sorc will stand and the sniper won't get to series of shots before wiping.

Other people pretty much responded to why you are completely wrong, but regardless, I have both a Battlemaster Sniper and Battlemaster DPS Sorc, so I know this matchup very well. Not only that, I play Lethality, which is not as effective against Sorcs because the majority of good Sorcs will make a run for it once they see how much damage a good Sniper can output.

If you read my post, which you evidently didn't, I told the OP that he has to:

1) Be good about positioning, and avoid getting into fights where he can get pillar humped and

2) Use entrench; good luck using your cc then

If the OP is good, he can also take advantage of Electrocute and Cover Pulse->Ambush, which are both effective openers.

Not only that, if your team is halfway good, it can be comparably effective dropping a Sorc to 20%, and it's ok if they flee and heal because it takes them out of the fight for the next 10-20 seconds, and that's assuming they don't get killed by the armies of Marauders and Assassins roaming the field now.

The value of a good Sniper is zone control, such as the middle of the field in Huttball. No other class does zone control as well as a GS/Sniper, other than a Tankasin.

Just 2 quotes from other guys:

What sorc is going to stand in a sniper's los for that many GCDs? And, heck, half of those are channeled. So you expect some sorc to engage on equal terms for ~16 seconds?

Any sorc worth his or her salt, tosses 2-3 DoTs, a deathfield and a shock while retreating, then comes back 15 seconds later to finish the job. That's if relics, recklessness and adrenals aren't all available. If they're all off cooldown, the sorc will stand and the sniper won't get to series of shots before wiping.

MM is crap in PvP, it has the worst combination of type of attacks in this game: Ranged + Energy.

The first one can be dodged and is subject to defense vs accuracy rolls. It can be shielded and absorbed.

The second one suffers tremendously from heavy armor damage reduction.

You cannot hunt anyone down with MM. It's just a spec for killing stupid sorcs that have not learned to LoS you. Outside of that it's ****. It's a PvE spec and nothing more.

Why some powertech pyro can have a 90% armor pen railshot, and the ability to reset its CD quickly, while we need to hope for an ambush crit is beyond me.

Engineering and Lethality are much much more superior, more versatile, more mobile, and in some cases even more durable.

That´s all.

Edited by Nyaara

If you think about what PvP is about and what makes a class ideal for PvP, then Sharpshooter/Marksmen spec is by far the worst spec for Slingers/Snipers for PvP.

The Sharpshooter tree has the least mobility of all three trees; is the easiest for good players to LOS (it relies on the longest windup abilities of all the trees and has no snare); is 85% white damage which is mitigated by nearly every defensive ability in the game; and only gives you the choice to augment 2 PvP Utility abilities (reduction of hunker down cooldown and reduction of leg shot cooldown).

Theoretically, Sharpshooter is probably the worst spec you could PvP with as a Slinger/Sniper. However, what is good about this spec is that it's a lot easier to learn and use than Saboteur or Dirty Fighting specs and you can still put out good damage in Sharpshooter spec. In all though, you lack everything else needed to pvp efficiently as far as defenses, movement, survivability and utility goes.

In my opinion the class in general does need work overall, but short term I think you will find more success if you learn to master Saboteur or Dirty Fighting specs.

Anyone else getting torn a new one by yellow damage whores?

we got a few DPS sorcs on my server, and it seems like no matter what I do if I'm targetted first, I'm charred to a nitrogen crisp.

(AKA lightning).

seems like none of our defences (however shiesty they are against white damage) do absolutely F all against sorcs/sage.

I see yellow damage, and the only option is to pillar hop and even then I'm dead in about 6 seconds.

Sure, if I target an ungaurded sorc, I can blow him to bits in about 4 GCD's but, even if I target him first, if he doesn't have a current target, he can beat me before i beat him.

Thats nuts.

I'm rocking 1280ish expertise, 2piece WH, rest Tech BM.

Anyone else have this problem?

Sry, but no. im a SS slinger btw and sorc die petty fast

If you think about what PvP is about and what makes a class ideal for PvP, then Sharpshooter/Marksmen spec is by far the worst spec for Slingers/Snipers for PvP.

The Sharpshooter tree has the least mobility of all three trees; is the easiest for good players to LOS (it relies on the longest windup abilities of all the trees and has no snare); is 85% white damage which is mitigated by nearly every defensive ability in the game; and only gives you the choice to augment 2 PvP Utility abilities (reduction of hunker down cooldown and reduction of leg shot cooldown).

Theoretically, Sharpshooter is probably the worst spec you could PvP with as a Slinger/Sniper. However, what is good about this spec is that it's a lot easier to learn and use than Saboteur or Dirty Fighting specs and you can still put out good damage in Sharpshooter spec. In all though, you lack everything else needed to pvp efficiently as far as defenses, movement, survivability and utility goes.

In my opinion the class in general does need work overall, but short term I think you will find more success if you learn to master Saboteur or Dirty Fighting specs.

You cant be more wrong. SS slinger is a beast in PvP, They hit hard, and kill fast.

You cant be more wrong. SS slinger is a beast in PvP, They hit hard, and kill fast.

PvP is more than just about DPS was my point. If you read what I wrote you will see that I clearly made the point that DPS was good in the spec, however everything else lacked. L2ReadingComprehension.

Also, Saboteur and Dirty Fighting specs currently out damage Sharpshooter spec in PvP overall but Sharpshooter has more burst.

Edited by DimeStax

PvP is more than just about DPS was my point. If you read what I wrote you will see that I clearly made the point that DPS was good in the spec, however everything else lacked. L2ReadingComprehension.

Also, Saboteur and Dirty Fighting specs currently out damage Sharpshooter spec in PvP overall but Sharpshooter has more burst.

That was my point, PvP is about how fast u can kill or neutralize a threat and not about overall damage, huge numbers at the end of the warzone mean nothing, however DF is fun to play, but SS is most usefull on PvP.

I absolutely love the sages coming in and pretending they wreck snipers. Even column humping, Snipers have enough instant abilities or dots to take them down easily.

I have never lost a 1v1 with a sorc, and in a group battle, they die so fast they don't even know where the fire was coming from.

my slinger is sabotage spec and i find her to be the best pvp and pve character ive made.

its best for pvp as i only go into cover for 2 attacks one which is cluster grenage adds extra bombs on the target so i take like half their health down with just that.

i think marksman spac which my agent is, to be very poor for pvp due to need for cover.

cover might as well be called painted target cause as soon as people see u they know "**** that guys gonna do massive dameg kill him first"

Anyone else getting torn a new one by yellow damage whores?

we got a few DPS sorcs on my server, and it seems like no matter what I do if I'm targetted first, I'm charred to a nitrogen crisp.

(AKA lightning).

seems like none of our defences (however shiesty they are against white damage) do absolutely F all against sorcs/sage.

I see yellow damage, and the only option is to pillar hop and even then I'm dead in about 6 seconds.

Sure, if I target an ungaurded sorc, I can blow him to bits in about 4 GCD's but, even if I target him first, if he doesn't have a current target, he can beat me before i beat him.

Thats nuts.

I'm rocking 1280ish expertise, 2piece WH, rest Tech BM.

Anyone else have this problem?

I feel your pain. I play a sawbones and I get wrecked by lighting. I can have all my hots on myself going spamming my heals trying to run to break los and I still die. I need to l2play i guess. Heaven forbid if there is more then one, like that never happens. /sarcasim off

I absolutely love the sages coming in and pretending they wreck snipers. Even column humping, Snipers have enough instant abilities or dots to take them down easily.

I have never lost a 1v1 with a sorc, and in a group battle, they die so fast they don't even know where the fire was coming from.

You obviously havent played a good one. LoS > sniper. If things get rough enjoy having DoTs on you while I heal myself back to full behind pillar.

You obviously havent played a good one. LoS > sniper. If things get rough enjoy having DoTs on you while I heal myself back to full behind pillar.

If they run away and I don't have the cd to root them, then I kill another target while they heal in a corner then come back and take more damage, then back to the corner. They simply don't have what it takes to to fight a competent gunslinger.

Also, it's fairly easy to back up a few meters and force them away from the column if they actually want to fight you. If not, then they can hide there all game. It's an advantage to my team.

Many sorcs see themselves as clever because they spend so much time column humping not realizing the gunslinger is simply changing targets as he wastes so much time not doing much.

If they run away and I don't have the cd to root them, then I kill another target while they heal in a corner then come back and take more damage, then back to the corner. They simply don't have what it takes to to fight a competent gunslinger.

Also, it's fairly easy to back up a few meters and force them away from the column if they actually want to fight you. If not, then they can hide there all game. It's an advantage to my team.

Many sorcs see themselves as clever because they spend so much time column humping not realizing the gunslinger is simply changing targets as he wastes so much time not doing much.

QFT. DoTs might win eventually if you put them up and run away but while you're dodging around pillars the sniper will have downed four or five people.

but while you're dodging around pillars the sniper will have downed four or five people

Uhuh.

Guys, your basic gameplay involves hitting sraight as rails 5-buttons rotation, while sitting in one place protected from jumpers. I think someone should really push a brake pumping their egos so much.

Edited by Shadenuat

If you really believe this, then you're probably not qualified to discuss the spec in PvP. The same goes for all these Sorcs acting like good Sharpshooters just sit in cover and can't deal with LoS.