What Has VO/Story Done For You Lately?

Cempa

About 6 month into the game, few 50's, couple of BM's and one War Hero VO/Story are all but a distant memory. When I play an alt its space bar abuse....

So, as a PvP player, what has VO and story done for you lately?

:rak_01:

Edited by Cempa

I love it and have a hard time going back to others, Im happy secret world is doing voiced too. I hope if TOR has done anything good for the MMO market it's set this trend, I adore it. Make leveling FUN.

You have loaded this warzone, press spacebar to continue into the warzone you just pressed okay to join 10 seconds ago. Oh and by the way enjoy spacing a few more times through the cutscene you've seen 4500 times already.

You have loaded this warzone, press spacebar to continue into the warzone you just pressed okay to join 10 seconds ago. Oh and by the way enjoy spacing a few more times through the cutscene you've seen 4500 times already.

Do we know if checking "auto skip movies" in preferences will get rid of this? I'm seriously asking.

But I love the VO/Story in the class quests.

Kind of weird that you bought and are still paying for a game whose biggest and most advertised feature was voice acting, then.

Maybe cause its the only viable sci fi mmo out?

The VO isn't bad, but I do think it puts a heavy burdon financially and time wise to get new content out.

OUR BUNKER IS TAKING DAMAGE. WE NEED THAT ARTILLERY.

How I wish I could space through that.

I know man. Thats by far the worst in this entire game(well that and that annoying sith hag on the belsavis daily, thank god for blackhole)

Kind of weird that you bought and are still paying for a game whose biggest and most advertised feature was voice acting, then.

You'd hope it'd have underlying gameplay and other things to draw players in beyond just the VO.

Most games on the market have VO. Heck if all you wanted was VO why play a video game? You can watch TV, a movie, even listen to an audio book or the radio.

I think most people start space barring the planet quest "kill 10 womprats" VO after awhile. There's really not much you can do with that, and the game seems to completely run out of ideas around level 30ish usually.

This. Why oh Why did they do this? Can we turn this type of crap off?

Do we know if checking "auto skip movies" in preferences will get rid of this? I'm seriously asking.

But I love the VO/Story in the class quests.

I think I heard someone tell me it doesnt, And I seriously dont get the spacebar to continue thing.

I mean we just pressed okay to join. And I play fullscreen windowed mode for ease of tabbing out, So when I accept warzone queue pop I tab out and play with my music mix for the warzone, adjust volume levels so I can hear people on vent, I dont want to deal with minor annoyances. ;)

It's nice when it comes to class story, for the first time. The rest of the time it makes me press spacebar. If not that then party members want me to hit spacebar.

I'm a keen enough reader when it comes to games. And I still see voice acting in an MMO as a luxury as I always did. If the option was there, I'd have most of the voices wiped in favor of more harddrive space. Perhaps only keeping the voices that can occur mid-gameplay. Like talking to vendors or sending your crew on missions.

I'm to the point where I have a 50 on each side and a lvl 48 alt on imp, so the only thing I'm listening to anymore is class quests. I enjoyed the VO, but the filler missions aren't exactly the most deep story-wise, hearing them once was enough.

You'd hope it'd have underlying gameplay and other things to draw players in beyond just the VO.
Which it does.

Most games on the market have VO.
The VO in other MMOs and the VO (and dialog options) in SWTOR are not the same thing and you know it.

Heck if all you wanted was VO why play a video game? You can watch TV, a movie, even listen to an audio book or the radio.
Blatant misrepresentation of why people like voice acting in video games. Stop trolling.

I think most people start space barring the planet quest "kill 10 womprats" VO after awhile. There's really not much you can do with that, and the game seems to completely run out of ideas around level 30ish usually.
"After a while' - sure, I do that, too. Though I definitely still listen to quests that I remember I liked, class quests, planet quests, etc. I listen to more than I skip without a doubt. Also, I quoted a guy who said he did it indiscriminately on his first play through, so this is a moot point anyway.

Also, I disagree that the game "runs out of ideas" past level 30. If you're talking about the types of quests available, then you may as well say "after level 3," because the types of quests available never really change. It's the story that changes, it's the story that BioWare made a huge part of this game, and it's the story that you should have expected and been excited for when you bought the game. And it goes well past level 30.

VO was awesome for my very first playthrough. I didn't skip a single cutscene and really enjoyed the story.

However, I am now a spacebar smasher. Plus, I had to reroll so I wouldn't have to wait 30 minutes between warzones... So yeah, I'm pretty intimate with my spacebar now.

I haven't played with sound on in weeks, what's the point of making alts anyway until they release info on server transfers? Plus... it's currently all messed up, with crazy lightning noises and empty dialogues etc. Thanks for fixing it two patches ago though!

Edited by Chloe

LOL

Hadn't thought of this until you brought it up.

Made me realize I haven't seen a conversation wheel in at least 2 months.

But, as far as what VO has done for me, I get to hear Girradda the Hutt and Baron Deathmark every time Huttball pops. Not to mention that stellar droid voicework in Novarre Coast. He really shines when it's repub vs repub.

Also, I disagree that the game "runs out of ideas" past level 30. If you're talking about the types of quests available, then you may as well say "after level 3," because the types of quests available never really change. It's the story that changes, it's the story that BioWare made a huge part of this game, and it's the story that you should have expected and been excited for when you bought the game. And it goes well past level 30.

It's not the story I expected. Frankly I expected better. The side quest dialogue gets tedious quickly and with very few exceptions, the planet story lines are not particularly engaging. The class stories that I've done fare a bit better, but they are still pretty receptive and after act I, I didn't have any kind of emotional investment in any of the 4 I played through.

VO/story has put me to sleep and/or wore out my spacebar, PVP is broken, POP is falling. Forums a QQ fest with threads being closed right and left. The question is what has SWTOR done for you lately. They have given me another 30 days to play for free. Then unless some great magic patch comes out, its over!