No Ranked Warzones or X-Server in Patch 1.3

Goldenstar

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/21/star-wars-the-old-republics-13-patch-revealed

BW anounced what content is making it into 1.3 and Ranked WZs + X-server Queues aren't on the list. Considering that 1.3 isn't even on the PTS yet and 1.4 is supposed to be on a similar development cycle as 1.2, it could be SEVERAL MONTHS before Ranked/X-server go live (unless they're pushed in a separate, intermediate patch).

Does the PvP community have any shot at surviving if it keeps on like it has been for another 3-4 months?

Edited by Goldenstar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I think we all can agree on that its not good.

I think that server transfers will help PvP but we want 8 man queues and ranked warzones.

I'm skeptical about server transfers, b/c they've been very careful to say that it's going to be select servers involved. My bet is that you won't even be able to transfer to some of the most populated servers.

server transfers will help alot. We may not be able to transfer to servers like fatman. But allowing 4-5 dead servers to transfer to a standard pop server will help tremendously and provide some playability while waiting for rated/x-server

This is the announcement that needs to be made...(not an official BW announcement, but should be)

"We are announcing a update for PVP that we are extremely excited about. Our PVP community has been waiting to long for an update to their branch of the game and we are happy to finally deliver. Here is what is involved."

1-Ranked Warzone- Able to que with up to 8 friends and find out how good you really are.

2-Addiding in 3 new warzones (prefer more than 3) so our pvp player base has some new content to play

3-Cross server wz ques. Play with others from other servers, make new friends... and enemies. No long que times

4-(this one is optional but would be very beneficial) announcing a pvp world event that will take place randomly within the next couple months. (similar to the rakghoul event but pvp oriented.

If that is released as an announcement SOON then BW may be able to retain some players. The are two goals BW should have right now. How to keep the players they have and how to bring in new or returning players. This might help to do that. Do not stop here either BW, go that extra mile. Bring PVP to this game, open world pvp and warzones in an update of god-like proportions.

Naturally if they would merge servers first then do the transfers all aspects of the game would increase since then we would have people to do ANYTHING with.

I think the ranked WZ's will be meaningless to a lot of people if it does not come with X-server. I would actually rather have the X-server WZ's before ranked if it's an either/or scenario. X-server should allow anyone to PvP at pretty much any time with reasonable queue times. Ranked WZ's without X-server will just change 4 man premades to 8 man. You'll still be stuck with only being able to play during peak hours unless you're on a high pop server (are there like 2 of those left now?). X-server and merges should be tied for the absolute #1 most important thing for BW to be working on right now.

server transfers will help alot. We may not be able to transfer to servers like fatman. But allowing 4-5 dead servers to transfer to a standard pop server will help tremendously and provide some playability while waiting for rated/x-server

THIS.

They can put off X-server stuff as long as transfers are working. Then they can take the time to make x-server right.\

Adaptive gear is coming? Awesome!

Edited by Arkerus

Ranked can stay out of the game forever for all I care. Open World PvP is what they NEED to focus on next...not the same 3 freaking warzones and huttball. Calling them "ranked" doesn't make them any more fun.

Why is Daniel obsessed with Sith Pureblood Jedi? He's raved about that, like three times now in various interviews or previews. I've never seen one.

Because he is reading off a prepared script that his Marketing department wrote.

Edited by -Kraxis-

It seems the whole Ranked warzones is just a taboo/ignored subject atm. Not seen a yellow mention it since they kicked it out of 1.2....

Dunno, just doesn't seem likely for a while.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/21/star-wars-the-old-republics-13-patch-revealed

BW anounced what content is making it into 1.3 and Ranked WZs + X-server Queues aren't on the list. Considering that 1.3 isn't even on the PTS yet and 1.4 is supposed to be on a similar development cycle as 1.2, it could be SEVERAL MONTHS before Ranked/X-server go live (unless they're pushed in a separate, intermediate patch).

Does the PvP community have any shot at surviving if it keeps on like it has been for another 3-4 months?

To be honest they did say patch 1.3 was a minor one with just the group finder and legacy.

Edited by ComeAndSee

I think the ranked WZ's will be meaningless to a lot of people if it does not come with X-server. I would actually rather have the X-server WZ's before ranked if it's an either/or scenario. X-server should allow anyone to PvP at pretty much any time with reasonable queue times. Ranked WZ's without X-server will just change 4 man premades to 8 man. You'll still be stuck with only being able to play during peak hours unless you're on a high pop server (are there like 2 of those left now?). X-server and merges should be tied for the absolute #1 most important thing for BW to be working on right now.

^This^ Without cross server queues the rest of it is meaningless. Transfers are at best a band-aid fix to a larger problem.

I don't understand whats the taboo with Ranked Warzones.

Literally, NOTHING HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT IT! I looked at every Q&A and now this preview and its not mentioned once, but we get server transfers mentioned every week.

I don't understand whats the taboo with Ranked Warzones.

Literally, NOTHING HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT IT! I looked at every Q&A and now this preview and its not mentioned once, but we get server transfers mentioned every week.

Probably because there isn't anything they can say about it. I think they just started over after pulling the plug at the last minute and I'm sure that takes some time. To bad they don't have time... if they don't give pvpers some info soon there won't be any left to enjoy whatever they do come up with whenever that actually is.