Next two playable races

Lyrinna

Eh... it might be better to let the players decide what annoys them and what doesn't. I'm sure many people wouldn't mind wookie noises at all if given the chance

And there are probably more people who would be annoyed by it. This goes back to my KOTOR days where hearing twileks speak on the murder mission almost drove me to tossing my TV. This is one restriction I completely agree with.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the new armor that makes you look like a cyborg/droid is probably BW's attempt to offer Droid race without actually making it a race. So I don't see Droid in the future.

Still hoping we will see Voss people. Or maybe something new. Though I know a lot of people want established races.

hoping that the time it has taken for a new race to be introduced (and since no new race has been announced for near future) that they are putting in the togruta and having to tweak alot of the art or finding a way to make it work. Otherwise it would probably have been out already.

Next two playable races?

That's a tough one, because from a programming/design standpoint, they committed to player races/species that were adaptable to a standard human skeletal structure. Having said that, I would like to see

-Itkotchi, especially since they were discovered by the Republic right around the time frame we are now dealing with.

For those not familiar with Itkotchi, here is an example.

- Gungans. I know, I know......why?! It would be hilarious, that's why? Can you imagine pvp? LOL. Kill the Gungan!!

A Gungan sith would truly be a sight to see..... :p

Personally, I'm still on the Togruta / Kel Dor train, but of course, they need to do it right or not at all.

So rather find a solution for the clipping and whatnot (and while your at it: finally fix that properly for Twi'leks too),

instead of just put'em in and disappear the hoods and helmets and what have you. That would be just lazy,

and not worth my money.

They would have to add new animations, but why does the new race have to display gear? Khem and Bowdaar rely on different customizations for changing their appearance. Qwyzen doesn't wear boots or helmets.

Instead of altering models for non-standard frames like the Tortuga, why not adapt the animations for Kiliks? They could visualize some existing models for a "loin cloth" and create models for headbands.

They would have to add new animations, but why does the new race have to display gear? Khem and Bowdaar rely on different customizations for changing their appearance. Qwyzen doesn't wear boots or helmets.

Instead of altering models for non-standard frames like the Tortuga, why not adapt the animations for Kiliks? They could visualize some existing models for a "loin cloth" and create models for headbands.

why? because when you break it down, SWTOR is basically digital barbie/gi.joe (oh how great it is :D ) and play dress up with their "dolls". so a char that can't be dressed up won't go too far in this game.

why? because when you break it down, SWTOR is basically digital barbie/gi.joe (oh how great it is :D ) and play dress up with their "dolls". so a char that can't be dressed up won't go too far in this game.

I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. Look at Treek. Sure, its a companion, but you can put any item on it and you will not physically see the gear. Its possible to create a character with no clothing restrictions. The only issue is creating a non human skeleton and crafting a race off of that.

• 6 months later...
I thought I'd start a discussion on what people hoped to see as the next two playable races. Me personally I hope to see a Togruta for Republic and a Rodian for Empire.

What do you guys hope are next two?

Seeing as how both races will be available to both factions, my choices are:

Itkotchi

AND

Gungan

Click for an example of each.