Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Should Space Missions be Free-fly missions?

Sebrioth

In my opinion they shouldn't, it would be quite disorienting at times with all the objectives.

What I would like to see is free-fly pvp with 50 ships from both sides.

About that too pvp definately free to fly iff comes.

but more opinions.

area where you can fly freely and do the objectives in given time.

I'd like to see free roaming space.. Travelling from one place to another manually instead of automatically (save for the hyperspace jump sort of stuff- that's sorta automatic travel...)

I'd like to see that as well as space stations you can dock and enter for missions, trading, all that jazz...

Then again, my ideas are usually unrefined and make little sense...

I think we should have free flying between planets when we travel, with random encounters with NPC ships along the way (of the enemy faction, and pirates and stuff), just like fighting mobs when you're running on the ground maps.

Maybe add in some asteroids to mine or something, secret planets to discover maybe. Maybe like random giant space creatures like that big worm that almost ate the millenium falcon on an asteroid. Exploration man, space exploration

Edited by AeonWeapon

Nah... It's ok as it is...

I'd rather have it stay as an amusing minigame, not another source of grind.

^ This.

I would like to see them expand your ship though. Let other people on, let us add vendors and customize it (layout, extra services etc). Why not let players design ships and submit them (like the Steam Workshop) to be implemented into the game? It could work exactly like a housing system with your house being your ship.

I have big hopes for the future of the ship system. :)

No. Star Wars is about people. MMORPGs like TOR are about characters, not space ships. Space combtat is a good mini game...and it ends there.

Saying star wars is just about people and there shouldn't be alot of space combat is ridiculous. A large portion of the star wars movies and everything star wars is star ship battles. That's like saying "No. Hockey is about ice skating. Don't use hockey sticks to play hockey." lol

No. Star Wars is about people. MMORPGs like TOR are about characters, not space ships. Space combtat is a good mini game...and it ends there.

Science Fiction (and Space Operas) are about people and technology and interplanetary/interstellar travel. Note the travel part. The Battle of Yavin IV was free flight until they had to make that trench run. The Battle of Endor was about free flight until the Falcon went flying through the unfinished Death Star.

If I wanted to be playing Tailgunner or Star Fox I'd be playing them. I want to fly my Fury where I want it to go, not down some guided rail that would be impossible in anything resembling actual SciFi.

I like the current space flight. Its not the X-Wing series but its done a really good job of being visually pretty.

Would be good to have some Free-Fly PVP and Co-Op missions for guilds. Supposedly guilds will get the ability to have their own guild capital ships thus missions where members 'defend' their house with Free-Flight against Sith PVP / PVE Raids would work nicely.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.