Subs down 25%

Sabilok

Big problem which will make me cancel: No sense of community. You couldn't pay people to group up together. Why? Because they're so closeted and want to do their own thing, rather than have fun and get better exp/faster completion time/money/social points/etc.

A lot of this is because people aren't playing, and on full servers like Fatman I wouldn't want to group because they're full of annoying/griefing kids.

Honestly, I think the game is great overall and there's no real reason why the majority of people aren't playing. It might be because of the community, really. In the other MMOs I've played, people always said "the only reason why I'm here is for the community". Well, when that doesn't exist, or when its full of trolls, why stay?

Edited by Lu_Bei

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big problem which will make me cancel: No sense of community. You couldn't pay people to group up together. Why? Because they're so closeted and want to do their own thing, rather than have fun and get better exp/faster completion time/money/social points/etc.

A lot of this is because people aren't playing, and on full servers like Fatman I wouldn't want to group because they're full of annoying/griefing kids.

My server is fairly full, The Ebon Hawk. Can almost always get a group, and it's RP-PvE. Come on over. ;)

Honestly, I want to love this game. And there are things I really enjoy about it. I love the storylines and dialogue based questing. It's excellent the first time through and you can get a solid second time through on the opposite faction. I even got a third fun run by going all dark side on the options which, combined with the different class stuff, gave a different feel to most of the questing. But once you get into the leveling alts grind and space bar mashing through questing, it's not that enjoyable. And by that I mean compared to other games that I've made multiple alts on.

The problem? SWTOR is missing the fluff. It's too serious straight through. There's also not enough side stuff. There's no room for exploration. It's a KOTOR game tuned for multiplayer online play, but a far cry away from feeling like an mmorpg.

Side note.. WoW has been out a long time. I don't want the same gear/raid progression style of end game. Been there, done that. I had high hopes that swtor would bring with it a new style of endgame that focused more on character development/advancement over gear advancement.

My friends and I are done with rerolling. A couple of us rerolled to Harbinger and Fatman just out of curiosity. Harbinger is about where my current Imp Server was a couple of weeks ago before it started tanking like the Repub server before it. And Fatman...yes, lots of activity and groups, but the community? Holy Crap! It almost made me miss old school Barrens chat! If THAT is the community that the anti-xserver lfd crowd is trying to preserve then it NEEDS to be destroyed! It might sound funny from someone who actually loves the game, but I'm still planning on sticking to my vow. If no xserver lfd by the time I finish all 8 class stories...I'm gone. They still have time though.

My server is fairly full, The Ebon Hawk. Can almost always get a group, and it's RP-PvE. Come on over. ;)

The population on RP servers is declining at a slower rate than others but rarely if ever hit 'heavy'.

Honestly, this was pretty much inevitable. No MMO is going to replace WoW. Instead of playing to their own strengths and making KOTOR III, a game that everyone wanted EA/Bioware tried to turn KOTOR III into a soulless "WoW killer" that many KOTOR fans did not even want!

Of course it was not going to work!

Elder Scroll Online has the best chance before Titan, Elder Scroll IP is even bigger than Star Wars in the game world, millions of fans. But even then odds are against them.

Edited by BlueFromMoon

The population on RP servers is declining at a slower rate than others but rarely if ever hit 'heavy'.

Well, that's true but on most RP servers the population is still very healthy, they never touched heavy only the first few weeks.

Well, that's true but on most RP servers the population is still very healthy, they never touched heavy only the first few weeks.

The RP servers are maintaining their server activity better than anything, but a handful of the most populated PvE and PvP servers.

However unfortunately a lot of the early access servers are now running to "Light" in Prime Time.

Honestly, I think the game is great overall and there's no real reason why the majority of people aren't playing. It might be because of the community, really. In the other MMOs I've played, people always said "the only reason why I'm here is for the community". Well, when that doesn't exist, or when its full of trolls, why stay?

And that's why there is a greater Community Attitude problem than a population problem. Right now, there's enough population to sustain the game and the MMO experience - we're just to spread out now which hurts a lot of people on the low pop servers. However, I am on one of the "dead" servers and can usually get a group invite in short order, because the community we have helps each other out. Even on "dead" servers, a good community can make up for the lack of population. It ultimately comes down to the fact that it is the players themselves that determine the "MMO experience". You can't make people play with you if they don't want to, and you can make them act mature if it's not in their nature to do so.

Again, they gets back to community. RP servers are healthier because by nature of the gameplay, there is more sense of community with players and more community involvement with playing the game.

Elder Scroll Online has the best chance before Titan, Elder Scroll IP is even bigger than Star Wars in the game world, millions of fans. But even then odds are against them.

Good morning there, BFM. Sorry but comparing popularity of ES with SW is going to lose - there are more SW fans in the world than ES gamers. As you keep ignoring the fact, ESO is another generic fantasy MMO with no relation to the SP games in the series outside of names only, and will be a hodge podge of various mechanics which GW2 will have already done, and in a much better way. You can keep playing ESO lackey all you want, but the ESO will be F2P by the end of it's first year, if it manages to survive that long to begin with, and will not see anywhere near the numbers that WoW got in its first few years of life. No matter how many spam posts you make here, it won't convince people to come play with you.

BJ

Who cares if it's "heavy" if you can get a full 24-man together anytime you want? Do a FP, Op, or heroic? Do you really need to simply see an overabundance of people you'll likely never interact with? Why?

Who cares if it's "heavy" if you can get a full 24-man together anytime you want? Do a FP, Op, or heroic? Do you really need to simply see an overabundance of people you'll likely never interact with? Why?

Larger the pool of players to form a group from, the more likely you will get one together I would assume. My RP server is light pop however , so the odds are slim and none. :p Meanwhile..back in Tristram...;)

That's what I don't understand - there's some MMO mentality out there that you need to be elbow to elbow with players in order to be a "true MMO" or have that "MMO experience." That is simply not the case. Would I like to see more people around on my Light server - naturally, but I also do not want to have to waste time fighting for resources and mobs with a thousand other people. I pay a monthly fee for to play this game - not wait around for server ques or spawns. Standard servers fit the niche quite nicely, and there doesn't need to be any more per server than that.

BJ

Your definition of massively multiplayer might be your '24 man ' guild others like see a larger amount of players anywhere and everywhere in game.

'Heavy' is just a term , fact remains that unless something changes , your ability to get a group 'anytime' is running out

Edited by Sanxxx

Interesting. I base my enjoyment of the game by what I do when logged in, not by what some chart says regarding server population. Will you start having fun if the meter hit full more often?

Point is that this is just nit-picking. Some servers are low. We need some mergers. The sky is not falling, no more then it did at one month, at three months, at five months.....as all the experts on these boards stated emphatically.

Your definition of massively multiplayer might be your '24 man ' guild others like see a larger amount of players anywhere and everywhere in game.

'Heavy' is just a term , fact remains that unless something changes , your ability to get a group 'anytime' is running out

Guild? Who said anything about guild? Any time I want, I spam LFG channel and local General and can get a 24-man together for world bosses or whatever. Different makeup in the group every time.

And I haven't seen a decrease on my server in over a month, so it seems to have leveled off.

I think the problem is a server at high "Standard" is ok population-wise, but a server at a low "Standard" value is certainly not (and "Light" is just terrible).

In all honesty I think a decent population for a server in SWTOR has to be "Heavy" and there's an argument for "V Heavy" due to the way the game is set up.

Guild? Who said anything about guild? Any time I want, I spam LFG channel and local General and can get a 24-man together for world bosses or whatever. Different makeup in the group every time.

And I haven't seen a decrease on my server in over a month, so it seems to have leveled off.

Ya, there is no grouping problem that 12 hours of spamming can't solve. lol.

I really couldn't give a rats *** what that very general report says. There was 150 on Fleet every day last month and there still is. I could get a group any time I wanted last month, and I still can.

With standard ranging from 350 to 1000, and all TORstatus can see is if it's standard or not, means it can't come close to saying how many are on at peak times. All other times I don't care. It doesn't matter. Peak is what matters, there has been no decrease, I'm on every day all day.

And that graph you linked looks pretty even to me, anyway.

P.S. - I don't wear blinkers, those are on my car to signal when I turn or change lanes. :p

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Interesting. I base my enjoyment of the game by what I do when logged in, not by what some chart says regarding server population. Will you start having fun if the meter hit full more often?

Point is that this is just nit-picking. Some servers are low. We need some mergers. The sky is not falling, no more then it did at one month, at three months, at five months.....as all the experts on these boards stated emphatically.

EXPERTS? On these boards...lmao

"as all the experts on these boards stated emphatically"

OMG, i would LOOOVE to see everyones face when the next quarterly report comes out. This is all being hidden from investors as of now on how many subs are actually left and the actual numbers have been fudged by "free 30 days"

Did you know the "experts" dont even have details on how grim things actually are, you know why they dont know!? They dont know because its insider trading! Nobody knows actually but just a hunch tells me they are getting dangerously close to their doomsday mark 500,000 active subs.

but then again, Ignorance is Bliss :(

EXPERTS? On these boards...lmao

"as all the experts on these boards stated emphatically"

OMG, i would LOOOVE to see everyones face when the next quarterly report comes out. This is all being hidden from investors as of now on how many subs are actually left and the actual numbers have been fudged by "free 30 days"

Did you know the "experts" dont even have details on how grim things actually are, you know why they dont know!? They dont know because its insider trading! Nobody knows actually but just a hunch tells me they are getting dangerously close to their doomsday mark 500,000 active subs.

but then again, Ignorance is Bliss :(

Its probably not that low. They did launch in 30 some new countries or whatever. But 750K to 1.25 wouldn't shock me either.

Its probably not that low. They did launch in 30 some new countries or whatever. But 750K to 1.25 wouldn't shock me either.

Exactly as i said, 750k IS dangerously close to the profitability threshold IMHO of what they stated to be 500,000 active subs. All i can say is that if you havent sold your EA stock yet do it soon! :w_frown:

JeramieCrowe;4395578]I really couldn't give a rats *** what that very general report says :p

Of course you don't especially when you rely on your eyesight to support your statement.

Edited by Sanxxx