Hardcore people, I don't care what you say...

DragoVaughn

...The game is NOT casual or EVEN semi-casual friendly. It was at least semi-casual friendly at launch, but since 1.2 it's only geared towards the hardcore, get over it, that's why so many people have quit. If you want the game to survive, you need to get over this whole hardcore enraged timers/tight tuning bosses/not letting groups rerun ops and just be loot locked that is going on. All these people that have left were the casual and semi-casual, and now you're realizing that the hardcore is almost the only ones left. Our server at least is dead in the water, and transfers are going to fix nothing, there needs to be forced mergers. Edited by DragoVaughn

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...The game is NOT casual or EVEN semi-casual friendly. It was at least semi-casual friendly at launch, but since 1.2 it's only geared towards the hardcore, get over it, that's why so many people have quit. If you want the game to survive, you need to get over this whole hardcore enraged timers/tight tuning bosses that is going on. All these people that have left were the casual and semi-casual, and now you're realizing that the hardcore is almost the only ones left. Our server at least is dead in the water, and transfers are going to fix nothing, there needs to be forced mergers.

Play a "Korean MMO" or EQ1 / EVE, then you will know what is a grind.

* When you kill 500+ mobs and only get 10% exp

* Then if you die you lose like 5% or worse you lose all your gear.

This game is as casual as a mmo gets.

Odd, I thought that adding in new ways to get gear, new gear that can be had without raiding hard/nightmare modes, and having the option to make almost any piece of moddable gear best in slot though an augment slot made the game much more friendly to "casual" players. Although, I think the OP is confusing the definition of casual, as so many others do.

...The game is NOT casual or EVEN semi-casual friendly.

What MMO would you consider casual friendly then??

As another posted, this is about as easy a MMO will get...Seriously, the non-heroic content can be run by two players with no gear on.

Play a "Korean MMO" or EQ1 / EVE, then you will know what is a grind.

* When you kill 500+ mobs and only get 10% exp

* Then if you die you lose like 5% or worse you lose all your gear.

This game is as casual as a mmo gets.

Leveling != endgame

All these people that have left were the casual and semi-casual, and now you're realizing that the hardcore is almost the only ones left.

Strange, most people I talked with about their reason for leaving the game was that they thought it is not challenging enough, too casual to keep their attention... I would say that mostly only the casuals are still here, many of them still have not one level 50 character, since the hardcore raiders got bored a long time ago.

I was going to say something thought provoking, but then I read your thread title and realized "you don't care".

So /shrug.

The problem is, I DO CARE, and watching my server and guild slowly die out makes me so freaking sick to my stomach that I ever even spent money on this game. And all you people are talking about leveling, I'm talking ops, and all the new stuff, It's way to hard for even the semi-casuals, no people that will even attempt pugging it cause servers are dead. Enrage timers ruin any chance of running without their optimal grouping and are way overtuned. Can't even rerun instances for guilds not divisible by 8. All you would have to do is loot lock bosses, and let us help out undergeared people. Had 12 people prepped for EC in our guild, could only do 8 cause couldn't get enough people for 16, people rage not being in that group of 8, cause of course we can't redo instances to help out. SO MANY THINGS!!!!!! I DO CARE!!!!!

this is the most casual friendly mmo ive ever played,there is absolutley nothing hardcore about it..i think the op is trolling.

Not being able to help out undergeared or guilds not divisible by they're arbitrary number does cater to the static hardcores. Enraged timers and tight tuning does cater to the hardcores. Not being able to get tokens to at least work towards pieces of gear when you can't finish HM EC does cater to the hardcore.

The problem is, I DO CARE, and watching my server and guild slowly die out makes me so freaking sick to my stomach that I ever even spent money on this game. And all you people are talking about leveling, I'm talking ops, and all the new stuff, It's way to hard for even the semi-casuals, no people that will even attempt pugging it cause servers are dead. Enrage timers ruin any chance of running without their optimal grouping and are way overtuned. Can't even rerun instances for guilds not divisible by 8. All you would have to do is loot lock bosses, and let us help out undergeared people. Had 12 people prepped for EC in our guild, could only do 8 cause couldn't get enough people for 16, people rage not being in that group of 8, cause of course we can't redo instances to help out. SO MANY THINGS!!!!!! I DO CARE!!!!!

this makes absolutley no sense, its just a big mess of rambling.slow down and post something readable.

Not being able to help out undergeared or guilds not divisible by they're arbitrary number does cater to the static hardcores. Enraged timers and tight tuning does cater to the hardcores. Not being able to get tokens to at least work towards pieces of gear when you can't finish HM EC does cater to the hardcore.

oh so you want people to hold your hand through everything? i am in no way hardcore,but find this game really easy to do things. maybee mmos just arent for you,go back to the wii...mario is waiting

this makes absolutley no sense, its just a big mess of rambling.slow down and post something readable.

Cause I'm so upset, in a depression, annoyed that the devs have done NOTHING to correct the inconsistencies of server pops.So many guild issues ALL because of the game...

Cause I'm so upset, in a depression, annoyed that the devs have done NOTHING to correct the inconsistencies of server pops.So many guild issues ALL because of the game...

Except for the server transfers they are working on, which are detailed as much as they can be at this time in the weekly Q&A posts.

If the game is stressing you and your guild out, you definitely need a break for your own health.

server pops have nothing to do with this game being unfriendly to casual players..its just the opposite,this game encourages taking your time and rolling many alts. the leveling process is the easiest i have ever seen. there is no emphasis on endgame in tor,which is why hardcore players are leaving,not the casuals.

Being casual does not mean I want things easy. I can be a casual player and want challenging content. How did casual mean hello kitty online adventures difficulty?

This game is pretty easy already :/

Also, if a game is putting you in a blue funk, you need to step away for a few weeks, just my opinion.

Edited by Barleigh

...The game is NOT casual or EVEN semi-casual friendly. It was at least semi-casual friendly at launch, but since 1.2 it's only geared towards the hardcore, get over it, that's why so many people have quit. If you want the game to survive, you need to get over this whole hardcore enraged timers/tight tuning bosses/not letting groups rerun ops and just be loot locked that is going on. All these people that have left were the casual and semi-casual, and now you're realizing that the hardcore is almost the only ones left. Our server at least is dead in the water, and transfers are going to fix nothing, there needs to be forced mergers.

I'm a casual gamer. I know I'm a casual gamer because I have absolutely no idea what you said there. Perhaps we have different ideas of what a "casual gamer" is, but I have no idea what a tight turning boss or an enraged timer is. Personally, as a casual gamer, I play for a couple of hours here or there, complete a bunch of quests, and enjoy pretending I'm a Jedi. I'm not in it to power level, or get to the endgame content, or whatever. As such, I think this game is marvelous.

...The game is NOT casual or EVEN semi-casual friendly. It was at least semi-casual friendly at launch, but since 1.2 it's only geared towards the hardcore, get over it, that's why so many people have quit. If you want the game to survive, you need to get over this whole hardcore enraged timers/tight tuning bosses/not letting groups rerun ops and just be loot locked that is going on. All these people that have left were the casual and semi-casual, and now you're realizing that the hardcore is almost the only ones left. Our server at least is dead in the water, and transfers are going to fix nothing, there needs to be forced mergers.

i'v been in countless mmo's since eq and this is by far the most casual one i'v seen if it isint casual friendly enough then this game is totally boned because the hardcore players are fleeing this game like rats from a burning building.

I'm a casual gamer. I know I'm a casual gamer because I have absolutely no idea what you said there. Perhaps we have different ideas of what a "casual gamer" is, but I have no idea what a tight turning boss or an enraged timer is. Personally, as a casual gamer, I play for a couple of hours here or there, complete a bunch of quests, and enjoy pretending I'm a Jedi. I'm not in it to power level, or get to the endgame content, or whatever. As such, I think this game is marvelous.

Guess that means we're just trying to do the endgame stuff when we shouldn't be, we're just screwed out of all endgame content i guess, well I have no fun leveling alts. Really hoping Secret World doesn't turn out like this game did.

Guess that means we're just trying to do the endgame stuff when we shouldn't be, we're just screwed out of all endgame content i guess, well I have no fun leveling alts. Really hoping Secret World doesn't turn out like this game did.

You could also try talking to other guilds on your server that are having a hard time fill out their raid groups and run co-op raids.