[1.3] What we know so far:

Deewe

I love it.

"Feature heavy - content light"

As he proceeds to explain a rather limited list of rather non-impactful changes.

My favorite part is the lack of cross server utility for the LFG tool. It will in essence be what we already have, only lazy players wont have to click their social button and open their Who tab anymore. In other words it wont change a *********** thing.

Sure it will. You can be doing your dailies while looking for a HM group. Or do you honestly prefer sitting on fleet and spamming? I want it to be Xrealm too, but come on man.....

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it will. You can be doing your dailies while looking for a HM group. Or do you honestly prefer sitting on fleet and spamming? I want it to be Xrealm too, but come on man.....

You do have a point the LFG is indeed a convenience fix.

I read that it would be cross server for PvP but I'm not sure. That's why I did not add this in the OP.

You do have a point the LFG is indeed a convenience fix.

I read that it would be cross server for PvP but I'm not sure. That's why I did not add this in the OP.

I thought the Xrealm PVP queues were supposed to hit this patch too, but it was posted in a thread earlier that while in the works, they didn't have a date on it. So, it could be, but we shouldn't count on it or anything.

Edited by Galbatorrix

You do realize that you can use the current LFG to find groups without being on the fleet as well, right?

You do realize that the reason the current LFG doesn't work is because there aren't enough people on the game that use it, right?

You do realize that without enough people on my server, a realm restricted LFG is exactly the same as the system I already have at my disposal?

It should be x realm, and it should probably be in the game a month ago. Oh well though, the 20 people that are remaining on my server by the time this rolls out will be happy to know they can do their dailies while *not* getting a group.

Edited by Celebrus

LFG better not go cross server, cause that's when everyone started being major D-bags and massive ninjas cause you couldn't give anyone a bad rep!

Nah,some people are all those things with or without the cross server function.You can't blame a tool for it.

Or should we blame the car when people are drunk driving also?

LFG better not go cross server, cause that's when everyone started being major D-bags and massive ninjas cause you couldn't give anyone a bad rep!

I don't know what's worse, that so many players believe this or that BioWare bought into it. Cross-server LFG = faster que times = faster runs = more fun. I'm sure me and the other 5 people on my server will enjoy using the LFG tool together in the meantime.

Nah,some people are all those things with or without the cross server function.You can't blame a tool for it.

Or should we blame the car when people are drunk driving also?

SO you are saying additional layers of anonymity don't cause people to sometimes behave poorly when they otherwise wouldn't??? Several scientific studies show quite the opposite.

I'm not planning on cancelling regardless. I'm personally having a blast with the game with what's there now. I just enjoy the LFG tool in WOW (mostly... 1 out of every 4 groups is normally full of jerks, but over all it's fun), so I'm looking forward to a way to join FPs and Ops without having to camp out on fleet.

Gotta quote this. Most who support the cross server LFG tool like to claim that roughly 2%(1 in 50, 1 in 100, etc) of the randomized groups feature jerk type behavior. While even as an opposer of the cross server system for PVE content(bring it for warzones n such) I would probably agree with your 1 in 4 sentiment. Based on experience of myself and guildies in WoW.

I WILL offer this though for those against the Cross Server tool: The jerk behavior in WoW can also be attributed to the EPEEN measurables available there such as DPS Meters and Gear Score which won't be in this game.

Now, those who think nothing will change with the existing system of finding a group:

This will put you in a queue. Which means when you get enough people in the queue of your level range or for your selected dungeon, you will probably be notified somehow that your group is ready. Previously you had to send tells to those who you found in the social window who had an LFG flag put up. The new tool will automate a lot of it. Perhaps even a button that when you get a full group can teleport you back to the fleet(gotta have a full group so as to prevent 2 man from exploiting the "gate" feature.

• Legacy features seen in the Coming soon tab added.
  • Legacy will provide unlockable experience boost for completing space missions

I expect by now it's already been pointed out, but that second bulletpoint is already covered by the first bulletpoint, as the exp boost for space missions is one of those legacy features in the coming soon tab, or do you really want to speficy each particular item there?

Easy answer. Cross server LFG would allow for a much larger pool from which to form the group from. Thus shorter que times.

And a group formed of various characters that don't get teleported anywhere so they are still stuck on their own servers wherever they happen to be when the group is formed would be able to do what, participate in cross server chat? You're looking for a cross server LFD, which I'll admit makes all kinds of sense. This isn't (apparently?) an LFD. It's a (slightly) more automated version of the existing LFG tool.

Now, maybe they'll throw in LFD style functionality in the LFG tool that would make it make sensish for cross server. But nothing I've read about it implies that, and you'd think that would have been something the developers would have said by now. "Yeah, when the group forms you'll be telported right into the fp/op."

When the patch hits and people find out the LFG tool isn't a cross-server tool but just some piddling tweaks to the tool they already think is useless, there's going to be hell to pay.

I am well aware of the "community building" arguments con a cross-server tool, but I think they only work for a game that has a set of servers with healthy populations, that's by no means the case with this game.

I'm very afraid of a "cascade failure" sort of effect. This is an MMO, you need to be able to find people to play with, it's a basic function. At the moment, this isn't happening for some unknown but probably quite substantial (at least in absolute terms) number of players.

BW need to get their finger out of their arse.

One thing we know about 1.3 is that there's going to be complaints about everything. Just like 1.2!

The funny thing about all this is.... they can add whatever they want. It can be utterly mindblowing.

But my server is dead. Completely and utterly dead. A dungeon finder thats limited to my server, does me no good at all. Theres nobody to find.

So yeah, unless I see a huge influx of people, or server mergers. Count me as one of those people complaining. I have a sub game thats unplayable.

The funny thing about all this is.... they can add whatever they want. It can be utterly mindblowing.

But my server is dead. Completely and utterly dead. A dungeon finder thats limited to my server, does me no good at all. Theres nobody to find.

So yeah, unless I see a huge influx of people, or server mergers. Count me as one of those people complaining. I have a sub game thats unplayable.

I'm fortunate enough that my server isn't in this state.

I like the game but I also see the point of those who are stuck on dead servers.

The game is good I think alot of people like it , but it is an mmo and that requires a population.

Besides server transfers perhaps there will be mergers in the future.

No one wants to be in a life raft being towed by a big cruise ship where the partys at.

Edited by CygnusMX

How could it be?. From what I've read, it's only an easier/more automated version of the existing LFG functionality. It isn't an "LFD". it (apparently) only assists in forming a group, and doesn't (apparently) actually do anything else (like move you to an instance, or where the heroic is, or where the mission NPC is, or any of that). How would grouping up with people on different servers help any?

sigh...you can't walk to an instance?

Except no one but you, your friends, and maybe your guildies gave a damn about your blacklist. You weren't teaching "bad behavior" players anything because they still got groups.

Xserver is coming. Same server will help, but it won't solve the issue of no one running flashpoints. Bioware will get their metrics from the data and realize, in a patch or two, that xserver LFD is the only way for an LFD tool to function properly.

Two and half things:

• /ignore = account wide (forums included) ignore
    • Ignore time stamp and reason why ignored

[*]Cross server queuing = optional check box

Would solve the problem

There are two things we absolutely need, and you should use all your resources to focus on them instead of adding more useless or incomplete features as you did with the legacy:

- WZ xserver.

- At least an interesting new feature to keep playing.

If you keep giving the priority to other things, prepare a server merge.