[1.3] What we know so far:

Deewe

Hey Deewe, like I said in an earlier post you may not want to post that there are no flashpoints, operations, or warzones planned. There has been no official word on whether or not we will be getting any. I would change it to "no new warzones, flashpoints, or operations have been confirmed".

Sup!

Check the last line of the entries ;)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Positive about what? There's literally nothing to get excited about and BW are still failing to deliver features they've been claiming to be working on for some time now. This update, coming on the back of their supposed "emphasis on PvP" is a slap in the face to people who actually stuck around and they have a right to be irritated, despite the smug PvE backlash.

Slap in the face! My whiner bingo buzzword card just got filled! \o/

Anyone have any speculation about when this might be released?

Do not quote me on this because I did not see it myself nor bother to look. There were numerous people saying that the financial report (they provided the link) said that basically 1.3 was aimed to be out by the end of Q1 2012. That means June 30th. So, some time between now and that date. About 50 days or less.

Edited by Varteras

Thank you for compiling this information together :)

Now it's just a matter of hoping that 1.3 gets here mostly bug-free! (I'll accept minor bugs that don't cripple the game or cause major annoyance!)

Here's the "known" entries on 1.3:

• Feature heavy, content light patch
  • LFG tool (not cross server atm) = main feature
  • Augment slot will be addable to all gear.
  • Social gear usable efficiently for all classes
  • Legacy features seen in the Coming soon tab added.
  • Legacy will provide unlockable experience boost for completing space missions
  • Incentives for completing a daily random Flashpoint
  • Slight possibility ranked wazones hits 1.3
  • No new warzones
  • No new Operation or Flashpoint
  • No substantial UI changes
  • No substantial Guild mechanics changes
  • All the above are from various more or less official sources and subject to change.

So basicly if your server was dead, it will remain dead. Perhaps you might get a chance for a FP on the so called prime time but thats it.

Edited by Adderdin

Do not quote me on this because I did not see it myself nor bother to look. There were numerous people saying that the financial report (they provided the link) said that basically 1.3 was aimed to be out by the end of Q1 2012. That means June 30th. So, some time between now and that date. About 50 days or less.

and they were quoted when 1.2 broke,that there would be monthly content updates...another bioware lie

and they were quoted when 1.2 broke,that there would be monthly content updates...another bioware lie

I'm not even going to begin getting into yet another discussion of the context of that quote. If you doubt it will happen that's fine but that's what was apparently claimed in the report so that's what we have to go with.

Yay, more worthless Legacy features. How about some meaningful content and populated servers to play on, not that it matters since most of us have canceled.

Not worthless, but WAY too expensive legacy xp/credits wise.

And what the hell is with that speeder thing, i expected it to be global and not per character, it makes no sense to lock it to one char... Pointless credits drain.

According to the datamined info found on Torhead what he's referring to was to be coming in 1.3

I'm sure we will find out in the next few weeks(presumably) when this patch hits the PTS, but I'm getting the feeling that whatever is in 1.3, will not be what has been leaked on Torhead. Given the recent podcast the fact they said that this patch will put an emphasize on functions as opposed to content.

According to that leak 1.3 was suppose to include:

HK-51 companion

New flashpoint

New operation

More dailies

That is some heavy content, I would bet all that, or most of it gets pushed back to 1.4

I would expect 1.3 to include just what has been said so far, plus some class tuning, nightmare Explosive Conflict, maybe a new flashpoint, and hopefully rated war-zones.

We will see though, I'd love to be surprised. I've just come to accept the fact I should temper expectations in this game.

Edited by ILonestarI

I can definitely see a Nightmare EC coming in 1.3, especially if we're expected to wait until 1.4 for a whole new raid. I'm not overly thrilled with the idea of a new flashpoint, though. Lost Island is fun, to a point, but there's very little reason to do it outside of the Black Hole weekly and the chance at a pet. To me, that doesn't exactly scream "end-game content". The addition of more timesink quests, like this supposed incentive to do random flashpoints every day, isn't going to keep people playing. Why in the world would people want to go back and play the same flashpoints over and over that they've been playing for five months?

If BW is serious about adding more PVE content, it'd be nice to see some tiered-content instances, rather than just tiered-difficulty ones. I'm all for timesinks if they at least have some variety to them. The Nightmare Pilgrim is a small step in the right direction: farming either Daily Commendations or mats for the AlphaWave Inhibitor so that you can participate in the fight. That's the kind of steps BW needs to start adding to all their future raids. Give people a reason to log on outside of their raid nights, where it's just log-in at the raid entrance, kill stuff, log back out at the raid entrance.

Edited by EpicLotus
grammar fail

I give much credit to the players involved in creating this thread. But I am a little surprised this didn't come from the community PR guy (Reid?). It kind of gives credence to the QQ (mostly in the pvp forum) about devs not communicating with the player base about the direction of the game or the thought processes involved in making the decisions they are making.

I'm sure we will find out in the next few weeks(presumably) when this patch hits the PTS, but I'm getting the feeling that whatever is in 1.3, will not be what has been leaked on Torhead. Given the recent podcast the fact they said that this patch will put an emphasize on functions as opposed to content.

According to that leak 1.3 was suppose to include:

HK-51 companion

New flashpoint

New operation

More dailies

That is some heavy content, I would bet all that, or most of it gets pushed back to 1.4

I would expect 1.3 to include just what has been said so far, plus some class tuning, nightmare Explosive Conflict, maybe a new flashpoint, and hopefully rated war-zones.

We will see though, I'd love to be surprised. I've just come to accept the fact I should temper expectations in this game.

I would like to be surprised as well. Though I would really ask what Bioware considers "light content". There are some who argued that 1.2 was actually light on content as well and was also more about features than playspaces. One Flashpoint, one Operation (with only 4 bosses), one Warzone, and 6 new dailies... I really would not call that heavy content. Medium at best.

Edited by Varteras

Only 4 50 lvl players on the whole server on the republican side on my server (TA) for the past 3 hours. Tell my how does one get into a lvl 50 WZs with these numbers. Can you not make WZs cross fraction as you seem as though you do not want to do the other stuff being told to you by the community.

Not worthless, but WAY too expensive legacy xp/credits wise.

And what the hell is with that speeder thing, i expected it to be global and not per character, it makes no sense to lock it to one char... Pointless credits drain.

Well IMHO the legacy is becoming a gold farmer dream come true.

Only 4 50 lvl players on the whole server on the republican side on my server (TA) for the past 3 hours. Tell my how does one get into a lvl 50 WZs with these numbers. Can you not make WZs cross fraction as you seem as though you do not want to do the other stuff being told to you by the community.

The 1.3 LFG tool will be cross server for PVP.