[1.3] What we know so far:

Deewe

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people will appreciate this, others won't.

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks

The webpage has it's own spoiler warning.

I would like to note that the leaks were lasy editted on Feb 2, 2012 so all the information on 1.2 was posted months befote it came out and nailed the actual patch really well.

I shall reiterate the site and say that patch notes might not reflect the content that actually gets released (for obvious reasons).

Only 4 50 lvl players on the whole server on the republican side on my server (TA) for the past 3 hours. Tell my how does one get into a lvl 50 WZs with these numbers. Can you not make WZs cross fraction as you seem as though you do not want to do the other stuff being told to you by the community.

Do you even remotely understand what cross-servers actually means?

That feature, wich would totally work for all those dead servers out there, would be just like WoW's one!

The devs have already shown us that they would rather use old and broken features rather than use their competitor's working ones (add dev's feet stomping on the ground, lots of tears and "we are not WoW, bawwwww").

Cross-servers features are NOT going to happen. Just do what everyone is doing: raid those 2-3 nights every week, faceroll the endgame content, and keep yourself entertained with other (working) games while they work on a patch giving more content five onths from now.

You know what I think is funny.. 90% of this game is nothing more then a cut down version of WoW in a star wars skin.... Funny thing I see is that TOR devs will never admit to it, and with all their energy will be reluctant to add the necessary 10% to FIX the broken 90% already in the game... He He He..

Just to prove how linear broken this game is.. Create a Jedi and go to Ord Mantell and try doing quest there.. Atleast WoW wasn't never that bad..

If someone says mail the credits to the toon.....I have read horror stories, of players doing this(in this game). The credits never appear to said character's mail. CSR response was basically tough break.

I send credits to alts every day and never had a problem with them making it to them. i have sent upto 500k at a time

How could it be?. From what I've read, it's only an easier/more automated version of the existing LFG functionality. It isn't an "LFD". it (apparently) only assists in forming a group, and doesn't (apparently) actually do anything else (like move you to an instance, or where the heroic is, or where the mission NPC is, or any of that). How would grouping up with people on different servers help any?

Easy answer. Cross server LFG would allow for a much larger pool from which to form the group from. Thus shorter que times.

Do you have a link please so I can add it in the OP?

No, sorry. I remember reading a developer's post about the LFG feature in 1.3 and they mentioned PVP would be cross server for WF's etc. But that has been a little while ago.

if you take a look at the server pop - yes, it does.

Server population is fine, people just spread themselves too thin because they couldn't be bothered to queue, and now they are surprised that their server is quiet? (of course, it's BioWare's fault that they opened more servers to stop people complaining about the queues......)

What did those effected expect? Patience is it's own reward, and a decent server with a decent population is reward enough for those who put up with the queues.

OT: 1.3 sounds interesting, and should expand on the Legacy system.... rumours about changes/additions to companions are also interesting!

Edited by Corinthar
Forgot to reply to the OP!

OT: 1.3 sounds interesting, and should expand on the Legacy system.... rumours about changes/additions to companions are also interesting!

Could you please explain about the companions, are you speaking about the data mined infos?

Here's the "known" entries on 1.3:

• Augment slot will be addable to all gear.

Hey there, sorry if I'm being overly pedantic or belaboring a point here, but does this include ALL gear? So it also applies to weapons, implants and earpieces? And does it apply to crafted gear as well as drops, or something bought off a commendation vendor, for eg. ?

The pod cast says : "Any piece of gear... (armor)" which sounds like he was correcting or clarifying.

Edited by ArenRakescar
grammar

Hey there, sorry if I'm being overly pedantic or belaboring a point here, but does this include ALL gear? So it also applies to weapons, implants and earpieces? And does it apply to crafted gear as well as drops, or something bought off a commendation vendor, for eg. ?

The pod cast says : "Any piece of gear... (armor)" which sounds like he was correcting or clarifying.

From what I understand, all gear means all. It may be just armor, since you can get crafted augmented weapons fairly easily now, but that would just open the flood gates of "OMG I can't use my awesome weapon. GJ Biofail!" type of complaints.

But, it supposedly applies to crafted, drops, bought, and commendation gear.

So....if I'm reading this right about the coming soon Legacy stuff. The rank 1-5 increase in xp for space missions, FP and WZ will be character only? If I purchase these on my lvl 50 main, these perks will not apply to my lvl 22 Bounty Hunter? With the over pricing on Legacy as it is....how do you expect my alt to have millions of credits?

If someone says mail the credits to the toon.....I have read horror stories, of players doing this(in this game). The credits never appear to said character's mail. CSR response was basically tough break.

I highly doubt it'll cost millions of credits. It'll probably be quite affordable. What I suspect is that they make it a per character unlock so you don't buy it once because you want to rush with one character and then screw yourself out of the ability to take your time with subsequent characters if you so choose.

That's a good question, guessing the devs are monitoring this topic and would answer anytime soon.

IMHO it applies both to gear ; all of them that don't have augment yet and weapons.

Sounds like a good update, over all. I do wish the LFG tool was Xrealm for FPs and Ops (same realm for Heroic Quests), but I'll wait and try it out before I judge.

People will know once they have paid there next sub :) trust me it'll be like that :rak_03:

People will know once they have paid there next sub :) trust me it'll be like that :rak_03:

I'm not planning on cancelling regardless. I'm personally having a blast with the game with what's there now. I just enjoy the LFG tool in WOW (mostly... 1 out of every 4 groups is normally full of jerks, but over all it's fun), so I'm looking forward to a way to join FPs and Ops without having to camp out on fleet.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Here's the "known" entries on 1.3:

• Feature heavy, content light patch
  • LFG tool (not cross server atm) = main feature
  • Augment slot will be addable to all gear.
  • Social gear usable efficiently for all classes
  • Legacy features seen in the Coming soon tab added.
  • Legacy will provide unlockable experience boost for completing space missions
  • Incentives for completing a daily random Flashpoint
  • Slight possibility ranked wazones hits 1.3
  • No new warzones
  • No new Operation or Flashpoint
  • No substantial UI changes
  • No substantial Guild mechanics changes
  • All the above are from various more or less official sources and subject to change.

From the shadows our (German?) friend Ortagos points us at a great wrap-up:

........Darth Hater: Update 1.3 Primer

Thanks to Vareras for the initial wrap-up:

Official word:

Will try to keep this topic updated.

P.S.: [Legacy in 1.3] & beyond: suggestions compendium

Do you make sure to check every single website on the net for information regarding this game? If your source is only this website you probably missed major game changes.

As was stated by a game moderator, this site has incomplete patch notes.

However, please note that communications via our Community Q&A and posts by senior Community managers and developers are also a medium for offical communication and a good way to track and monitor more in depth information relating to upcoming changes.

Hey Deewe!

Thanks for this great thread! This is exactly the kind of helpful and constructive threads we like to see.

Can you link all the links necessary (regardless of how manty there are) for us to look at so we can get a better idea of what changes are in store? I need twitter links, blog links, fan website links, gaming site links ect; I don't want to miss something as major as subscription rates being hiked significantly and seeing as this site doesn't provide all the information about game changes, I don't want to miss somethign important.

Do you make sure to check every single website on the net for information regarding this game? If your source is only this website you probably missed major game changes. .

Maybe you want to re-read your post and think about what you are really asking ;)

I love it.

"Feature heavy - content light"

As he proceeds to explain a rather limited list of rather non-impactful changes.

My favorite part is the lack of cross server utility for the LFG tool. It will in essence be what we already have, only lazy players wont have to click their social button and open their Who tab anymore. In other words it wont change a *********** thing.

Am I correct in thinking that BW does NOT post patch notes for upcoming patches with ongoing updates? That would be a really awesome thing to do on the website, if not. Edited by TirGavin
Extra period