Subs down 25%

Sabilok

Norn are more like Beorn the shapeshifter from the Hobbit, if you want to compare to a Tolkien race/character. They're human looking giants (standing about 9 feet tall) that can shapeshift into animals. T

i thought norn was like more viking barbarian type dudes

eather way,as far as gw2 goes.race only really effects appearence none of the actual racial crap you can use in pvp so ive heard

Edited by CrunkShizzle

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you guys wouldn't be all over me like flies on you-know-what if I said "1.3 million are still playing the game because they LOVE the story!" You'd be telling me that I can't possibly speak for anyone but myself.

Not really. But I would suspect that statement is not true from the state of the server pops now. :cool:

Like you guys wouldn't be all over me like flies on you-know-what if I said "1.3 million are still playing the game because they LOVE the story!" You'd be telling me that I can't possibly speak for anyone but myself.

No, because the storyline is really the only good thing about SWTOR, so we wouldn't disagree with that.

Again, you have no clue as to peoples' situations. In the past, I've stopped playing and paying for an MMO because I had no income. I know some who go specific months not playing because they have outdoors events to do with their children. And still yet some others that work 80+ hours per week during Spring and Summer months, off during the Fall and Winter.

And on and on, none of which have ANYTHING to do with the state of the game. So, I reiterate, you have no clue why those hundreds of thousands stopped paying and playing, only your own reasons.

TOR subscriptions went down, WoW subscriptions went back up.

This isn't coincidence, this is correlation.

TOR subscriptions went down, WoW subscriptions went back up.

This isn't coincidence, this is correlation.

To be fair, they stayed the same total wise that was reported in the prevous quarter report. 10.2 million. But I do suspect they will gain more when MOP is released.

The only part I might argue is the validity of the 1.3 million part, because we know Bioware padded the numbers with free months and such.

But nobody is going to argue against the people that ARE playing here actively are here because they love the story/setting.

Because that's the only truly good part about the game.

Nobody's playing for the PVP

Nobody's playing for the PVE endgame.

Nobody's playing just to do star fox space battles

Nobody's playing to be a dedicated crafter with this crafting system.

Again, you have no clue as to peoples' situations. In the past, I've stopped playing and paying for an MMO because I had no income. I know some who go specific months not playing because they have outdoors events to do with their children. And still yet some others that work 80+ hours per week during Spring and Summer months, off during the Fall and Winter.

And on and on, none of which have ANYTHING to do with the state of the game. So, I reiterate, you have no clue why those hundreds of thousands stopped paying and playing, only your own reasons.

Gz Boy, you figured the reason nr. 102 out, why the people cancelled their subscription.

Now, try reason nr. 1 - 101.

(little hint, read and understand the written criticisms in this forum)

Ppl who received the free month are counted on the 1.3mi? If so I think swtor will lose another 400 thousand soon.

Sad to say..I suspect they will and even more the report after the next one. Unless they can come up with some really much needed changes. They are on a time schedule if they really want to stop the flow of lost subs.

Ppl who received the free month are counted on the 1.3mi? If so I think swtor will lose another couple thousand soon.

Well yes and no. People who would have normally been gone and cancelled between April 25th through the 31st got 30 days added on to their accounts if they were level 50/legacy level 6. Anybody who would have still had time left May 1st and beyond would have been counted regardless. With that being said, the next report will also include people who had the 30 days free added on, but would have already been canceled prior to that 30 days if it wasn't for the 30 days, so even the next numbers will be off. When they added the 30 days free, they have effectively padded their subscription number for 2 reporting periods.

Well yes and no. People who would have normally been gone and cancelled between April 25th through the 31st got 30 days added on to their accounts if they were level 50/legacy level 6. Anybody who would have still had time left May 1st and beyond would have been counted regardless. With that being said, the next report will also include people who had the 30 days free added on, but would have already been canceled prior to that 30 days if it wasn't for the 30 days, so even the next numbers will be off. When they added the 30 days free, they have effectively padded their subscription number for 2 reporting periods.

Their tactics so far have been so transparent and sad.

I just cancelled my sub so I have until 6/18/2012 until my game time runs out. Here is what I posted in my feedback.

I've enjoyed this game for 5 months, but have run out of things to do that are fun. The server I am on is dying which makes it difficult to do any PvE content that requires a group. The PvP has been fun, but level 50 war zones have lost my interest because most games are decided by who is the best geared and not who plays the smartest.

I enjoyed the story lines, but the fact that everyone in the same class has the same endings despite their choices was rather disappointing. I also thought the ending of my Jedi Knight class story was a bit cheesy and the bug I had in the last fight with the emperor totally ruined it. After that ending, I have no interest in seeing the other class story lines.

I just cancelled my sub so I have until 6/18/2012 until my game time runs out. Here is what I posted in my feedback.

I've enjoyed this game for 5 months, but have run out of things to do that are fun. The server I am on is dying which makes it difficult to do any PvE content that requires a group. The PvP has been fun, but level 50 war zones have lost my interest because most games are decided by who is the best geared and not who plays the smartest.

I enjoyed the story lines, but the fact that everyone in the same class has the same endings despite their choices was rather disappointing. I also thought the ending of my Jedi Knight class story was a bit cheesy and the bug I had in the last fight with the emperor totally ruined it. After that ending, I have no interest in seeing the other class story lines.

Let me ask you since you just unsubbed, can you detail exactly the questionairre they gave you after unsubbing? Specifically the parts about free to play?

Let me ask you since you just unsubbed, can you detail exactly the questionairre they gave you after unsubbing? Specifically the parts about free to play?

It was a simple form that had the following:

Your current sub will end on X/XX/2012 and unless you resubsribe by that date your account will be suspended on that day.

A pull down menu with options asking why you left. There were only a few options and I felt the choices were lacking. I chose Left For Another Game

A 2nd pull down menu with more detail for my selection. I chose Diablo 3.

A feedback thread that allows you to put whatever you want in.

Thanks for this post. The reasons you gave are shared by a lot of players. Cannot say I blame you. Hopefully time will show that BioWare takes to heart your reasons for leaving and works hard to correct them.

No, because the storyline is really the only good thing about SWTOR, so we wouldn't disagree with that.

Heheh, OMG!! /facepalm

Ok, except I know several people playing this game that couldn't care less about the story. So, the statement that "1.3 million still play because they LOVE the story" is a false statement, and anyone agreeing with it would be wrong.

Are you people trying to be obtuse?! It's called a "blanket statement", and they are almost always NEVER correct.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Heheh, OMG!! /facepalm

Ok, except I know several people playing this game that couldn't care less about the story. So, the statement that "1.3 million still play because they LOVE the story" is a false statement, and anyone agreeing with it would be wrong.

Are you people trying to be obtuse?! It's called a "blanket statement", and they are almost always NEVER correct.

But on the other hand you don't have numbers on how many people love the story and how many don't. The people posting here are only a small percentage of the players.

Heheh, OMG!! /facepalm

The statement "1.3 million still play...."..may be false. But the story line was very much the reason I enjoyed it for 3 months.

But on the other hand you don't have numbers on how many people love the story and how many don't. The people posting here are only a small percentage of the players.

Exactly my point. None of us have numbers on why people left. Or why they stayed.

Exactly my point. None of us have numbers on why people left. Or why they stayed.

Let's argue over nothing some more shall we? Geez, you never give it a rest so I hope they give some game overtime for all of your hard work.