PvP Food Chain

TiTaNsFaN

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what?

I meant that as it has insane ability to burst one target down very quickly. Yes, it also has great AoE potential, but a good number of Engineering abilities are focused on single-target burst (Interrogation/Explosive Probes and EMP Burst)

he was trying to be funny but yeah snipers blow..they honestly think they rank higher then mara, pt, tankasin, OP heals??? LMAO

they are better then merc BH..happy now?

Yes, we are a very bad class. Please target us last. No need for a buff, we want to continue to suck and not be a FOTM. : )

Signed,

Sniper

What? Are you for real? Snipers and Gunslingers are about as anti-melee as you can get. In fact, unless the Sniper or Gunslinger is brain dead or asleep at the keyboard, they shouldn't lose to a melee class one on one. In fact, Snipers and Gunslingers are one of the only hard counters to Sentinels and Marauders.

I have to agree with this quote. A geared Sniper/Gunslinger wins 1v1's against Marauders and most other classes. In fact, it's so clear cut that very few people even attack the Sniper/Gunslinger because they don't want to draw their fire. So in many matches, the Sniper/Gunslinger has free reign to deal death until the rest of his teammates have died or 2 brave souls try to team up against him. I'm sure there are some classes that can go toe to toe with a Sniper/Gunslinger (e.g. Op/Scoundrel), but Marauders/Sentinels and Sorc/Sages aren't the classes to do it. Good Snipers/Gunslingers often top kills and damage in most warzones. Only the Powertechs/Troopers are consistently competitive.

Slightly OP:

DPS Powertech, Marauder, Tank/Hybrid Sin

Strong:

Juggernaut, Sniper, Hybrid Sorc, Hybrid Operative

Mediocre:

DPS Assassin, DPS Sorc, all healers (if their team protects them well I would rate them as "Strong")

Weak:

DPS Merc, DPS Operative

Edited by Ich_Bin

Tell us o great one, all the Merc/Commandos would like to know,.

If you are Arsenal, how do you beat a Sentinel? If you are Assault how do you beat a VG?

I seriously want to know?

Lol just looked at your pic, those numbers are horrible. The Marauders obviously had no clue *** they were doing. I love those huge protection numbers for a premade with 3 healers as well. You just made yourself look stupid posting this pic geez.

The "marauders" ? There are 2 sith warriors in the screen. One has protection.

The other is in the guys group and has 13600 HP. That means recruit/bm mix (more recruit than bm)

Awww so cute, 350K in voidstar? anyone can pull that on any class.

How about 690K dmg + 88K healing?

http://khnm.addeus.se/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/1xmks-THErecord.png

Or maybe 756K dmg + 111K healing?

http://khnm.addeus.se/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/45p84-Screenshot_2012-05-07_15_32_59_060900.jpg

Thought so. :rak_04:

1st pic is 2-2 so all game long zerg.

Your 2nd pic is 2-0, so prepatch, so also an all game long zerg.

The 350k one is 1-0 with massive medals. So basically an early win in the 2nd round.

Yeah it's cool to compare screenshots with basically double the duration of the warzone :)

OnTopic:

For the list:

Strong: Marauder, Assassins, Pyrotechs (too much elemental / armor penetrating skills)

Good: the rest

Weak: DPS Sorcs, DPS mercs

Edited by Zocat

I think people really overestimate snipers here...if anything snipers need a buff.

When you see the symbol appear on you..LOS it...the sniper is not going to come after you....lol he can't

They don't really bring more DPS to the table than other DPS classes, and have many more limitations than those classes.

Sniper needs some overhauling and some buffing. Cover is a severe limitation, if you don't know how to keep a sniper (or GS) out of cover...

Yea, being able to prevent half the warzone from charging you is a severe limitation.

>.>

<.<

It is very easy to get a sniper or GS out of cover and keep him out of cover.....try sometime you might be pleasantly surprised.

Of the benefits of cover the "no jump" thing is the absolute only benefit of it....cover is a hindrance..

Edited by Doxxs

In order from highest to lowest:

1. Marauders - Best defensive cooldowns in the game make up for lack of immediate burst; back-end damage rivals or superior to any class in the game.

2. Powertechs (Pyro) - Highest Melee DPS output in the game, amazing burst, lacking the cooldowns of the Marauder though.

3. Assasins (Hybrid) - Almost like a marauder with less impressive cooldowns, the assasin can whip out a ton of damage toward the back-end of a fight while also (when specced correctly) being arguably the tankiest DPS in the game. Having a DoT only sorcs and Operative healers can dispell helps too.

4. Sorcerers (DPS) - Ah yes... the sorcerer. Not overpowered anymore (no more perma-cc Hybrid spec) yet still in possession of the best CC and knockback in the game. Infinitely versatile, in the hands of the right player the Sorcerer is one of the best PvP classes in the game. In the hands of the wrong player, he's cannon fodder for the above classes however.

5. Operative (Healer) - It's hard to rank a healer I suppose, and one could arguably put operative healers ahead of sorcerers and assasisns, but at the same time it isn't as if a healer is going to kill either of those classes anyway. Operative healers, with their instant no-cooldown heals, decent CC and vanish are one of the most durable healers in the game, perfect for PvP.

6. Operative (Concealment) - Poor concealment operatives... nobody liked them at launch, and now they find themselves in limbo. Still possesing tremendous burst, they lack the cooldowns or sustained damage potential to really contribute to a team in a unique way not done better by one of the above classes. They can initiate a tremendous gank, but not much else.

7. Juggernauts (Any) - Probably the best ballhandler in Huttball, but recent nerfs have limited the rage tree to a gimmick spec and rendered these guys as purely support runners (aoe cc is great, lots of slow) in objectives.

8. Sorcerer / Mercenary Healers - Tons of interrupts in this game, these guys don't have the instant heals an operative can toss out. Just lack the durability to succeeed consistently, NEED a guard to be effective.

9. Mercenary (DPS) / Sniper - These poor non-force using ranged dps classes... at least the sniper has an interrupt. Could use a complete revamp for PvP viability.

I'd say the balance is somewhere in the middle with sorcerer and operative healers... if we can buff/nerf everything to that level the game would be significantly better. Feel free to share thoughts/opinions.

But what are the specs?

I'm just going to say I don't think people here value CC / utility enough. Sins have the best utility in the game. I don't care if they don't do as much dmg as Mara / PT, it's the CC and utility that wins games. They can taunt, guard, knock back, pull, mez, stun, and knock down. They also get some self heals, speed boost, CC immunity, and most importantly they get stealth. Those abilities do more to take nodes, defend nodes, carry the ball, prevent a score, etc. They have to be number 1 in any list.

I also think everyone is ranking DPS Ops too low. They have a 4 sec stun on a 30 sec CD. They also get a knock down, an AOE mez, and a stealth mez. IMO when coordinated teams face each other, it's much more about the CC and utility than it is about raw dmg / healing numbers.

I would take a team of Sins & Ops over a team of Maras any day.

I'm just going to say I don't think people here value CC / utility enough. Sins have the best utility in the game. I don't care if they don't do as much dmg as Mara / PT, it's the CC and utility that wins games. They can taunt, guard, knock back, pull, mez, stun, and knock down. They also get some self heals, speed boost, CC immunity, and most importantly they get stealth. Those abilities do more to take nodes, defend nodes, carry the ball, prevent a score, etc. They have to be number 1 in any list.

I also think everyone is ranking DPS Ops too low. They have a 4 sec stun on a 30 sec CD. They also get a knock down, an AOE mez, and a stealth mez. IMO when coordinated teams face each other, it's much more about the CC and utility than it is about raw dmg / healing numbers.

I would take a team of Sins & Ops over a team of Maras any day.

hmmm I dunno... I 1 vs 1 alot and never lose. sin tanks are by far the most trouble but they still die.

Also I would say Ops really do need buffed. They are just not much of a challenge anymore. They open and stun... wait out the stun and let them do whatever it is they are going to do.. Build my resolve then I break cc/force choke and ravage. The end.

I play hybrid immortal/vengence spec.

hmmm I dunno... I 1 vs 1 alot and never lose. sin tanks are by far the most trouble but they still die.

Also I would say Ops really do need buffed. They are just not much of a challenge anymore. They open and stun... wait out the stun and let them do whatever it is they are going to do.. Build my resolve then I break cc/force choke and ravage. The end.

I play hybrid immortal/vengence spec.

A well played Immotral/Veng hybird is beastly. How do you fare against the Marauders? (

A well played Immotral/Veng hybird is beastly. How do you fare against the Marauders? (

The key with them is UR I save a force choke or back hand just for that... you keep them from getting close while that is going on and you are good. But then again you are in tank spec with better damage reduction so they dont hit as hard anyways.

Overall there is Tankasin and there's everyone else.

More or less this from my experience... and when half the team is double lightsaber wielding it becomes a true nightmare.

As a SS Gunslinger (50) main I have no problem with Mara's and usually it ends up in a close fight if its a 1v1, i usually come out on top since I can keep em at a distance long enough to tip the balance. So to me its pretty balanced given equal armor types and equal role, High Melee dps vs High ranged dps

I also have a Sentinel and Ive found it no stronger or weaker pre or post 1.2.

Tanksins and sins/shadows in general are just way way way to strong both in dps, survivability and utility. And yes I have a Shadow myself and even as a fresh level 11 I was a complete murder machine using only 2-4 abilities against players 30+ levels higher... first Warzone i played in as one I topped the damage chart at over 200k... which was surprising, very surprising.

And those times I do get a Sin to almost dead... they vanish and come back 10 seconds latter to kill me off. Truly a ridiculously OP class.

Id say the lowest are Sorcs/Sages and Mercs, although Mercs id put above sorcs simply because of their Heavy armor gives em a little more protection from my weapon damage.

Id deffinetly put Pyrotechs just under Sins... its like a brick wall that can punch you back.