Give. Bioware. Time.

pppgggr

I gave them 6 months to get it together. I just dont think this game is worth the monthly fee anymore. 9/10 the patches they deploy break more things than they fix. They just dont seem to be learning from their mistakes at all. I do enjoy the game when its not broken. but with the lack of endgame and the last major patch they released breaking pretty much all the new endgame content added in 1.2 I gotta throw up my hands and say enough is enough. Ill come back when they learn how to test stuff.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFL! Didnt they start working on TOR in '08? I like this game alot, but frankly Bio-ware deserves every bit of ire directed at them. Their overall execution of TOR is pathetic and whoever was/is in charge should be removed.

^ This. This Man or Woman speaks the truth.

I've seen several Bioware posts, and the bugs aren't making the game unplayable unless you're crashing when you log in, in which case unsubscribing would make sense.

constantly dealing with annoying bugs that seem to go ignored will wear people down .. The old saying the straw that broke the camels back. While on thier own might seem trivial can get tedious when combined. one snowflake won't collaps a roof but you get enough of them .......

I will Give. Bioware. Time. when they Stop. Charging. Me. to play. I pay for a service and I expect quality in return for my money. Content and game mechanics aside, broken patches don't cut the mustard.

I will not tolerate paying Bioware to flounder around like hapless fools. Nor should any of you. While I am willing to hold out hope for better results in the future, I don't blame anyone for leaving.

The problem is:

The ones that really matter usually don't even read this forum or make post in it.

That being the majority. They don't care if people dislike the game or what people think if they dislike it.

They either play or drop the game.

So if they are going to stay or quit, there is almost nothing Bioware can do about it.

And obviously by losing tons of subscribers, the majority aren't happy.

1.7 Million Subs. 400K leave, 1.3 Million stay.

It looks like the majority is happy. Math.... it's a heluva drug.

ROFL! Didnt they start working on TOR in '08? I like this game alot, but frankly Bio-ware deserves every bit of ire directed at them. Their overall execution of TOR is pathetic and whoever was/is in charge should be removed.

WoW was announced in 2001 and not even released until 2004, they had already been working on it for years by 2001. Most of WoW's content everyone talks about being so great didn't make it in to the game until a couple years after the original release. At the time when WoW was being developed it was a mix of copying EQ and DAOC. It is pretty much how all of these games work.

They lost 400k with 400k more copies of the game sold so it is closer to 800K leaving.

Ready for it?

2.4 million sales, down to 1.3 million subscriptions.

It looks like a much, much smaller majority is happy. Reality... it's a heluva drug.

Ok, so, they sold 400K, moving the 1.7 Million number to 2.1 Million. 800K leave, 1.3 Million stay. Again, the Majority are happy.

As said 2.4 million copies sold...1.3 million subs so 1.1 million people have said "no thanks" and the trend in subs is steeply down. I think its pretty safe to say nobody at BW is happy.

I think you need to be on heluva alot of drugs to believe anything Bioware says about server numbers.

Especially after DE said players weren't leaving, they gave out tons of free time and...oh never mind.

You must be smoking that math again.

Edited by Tiaa

As said 2.4 million copies sold...1.3 million subs so 1.1 million people have said "no thanks" and the trend in subs is steeply down. I think its pretty safe to say nobody at BW is happy.

Exactly. Yes, the game is high functioning on 1.3 Million. Most companies would be happy for that level of subscriber base, but it does not bode well for the future. That rate of attrition is obscene and anyone who can't see that is being willfully ignorant.

There is only one thing that is truly a justified complaint, and that is that Bioware launched the game without working character transfer and server merge systems.

The fact that they are still not implemented 4 days shy of the five month mark is inexcusable.

Edited by Zannis

You're the one trying to make people believe that 1.3 Million subs retained, half a year in, is some how "bad". So...hypocritical? ..... :rolleyes: ?

No, I'm the one trying to get people to realize that 1.1 million players lost or not retained--45% of total box sales to date--half a year in, is somehow bad.

Or is that good?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Dezzi

The whole, 'this is biowares first mmo' argument is pure bunk.

Bioware, or any other developer for that matter, has had MORE THAN ENOUGH opportunity to learn from the mistakes of major MMOs like WoW, EQ, EQ2, CoH, and even its predecessor SWG, and any number of other MMOS.

This argument totally falls apart in the face of recently released MMOs like Rift, Tera and others that did in fact take to heart the mistakes made by their peers.

Sorry, but I'm not buying this for 1 millisecond.

- P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.