Please Nerf My/Our Marauders

DubFanahtic

Yeah I know what you're saying. I'm sick of all the FOTM marauders and sentinels that seem to be everywhere. But don't worry, I'm toasting every sentinel I see one on one. The only time I have problems is when there is more than one sentinel attacking me. But anyone who isn't a full tank has problems when they are being attacked by more than one player at one time. It is ridiculous though when three sentinels think they are so awesome for ganging up on one poor sniper, lol. But I can take them on one on one.

Unless they pull their little Houdini trick and disappear so they can reappear again in another location. So many times that's happened that I wish I had stealth detection. Just as I'm about to beat them they pull their little trick because they know I'm about to finish them off so they pull their coward move. The funny thing is though, I remember way back when I played a marauder, and I saw so many other marauders and sentinels who either rarely or never used their force camo. I was one of the few that used it often, usually when I was getting beat on by more than one enemy, or when I wanted to approach a node unnoticed. But now you have all these sents and maras using it everytime it comes off cooldown, everytime you're about to faceroll them, etc.

But speaking of sentinels/marauders, just the other day, as soon as I spawned this sentinel leaves the node he's guarding and leaps onto me. There are three of his buddies guarding the node but they don't run out as far as him. So anyway, this sentinel leaps onto me (I was just walking along, so not in cover) and engages me in a fight in the field area, but little does he know he chose the wrong sniper. It was funny watching him try to run away back to the node as he saw he only had 10% hp left. I didn't let him off, I used takedown and finished him off and he died in front of the node with his teammates watching. The next time I spawned, neither the sentinel nor any of his teammates attacked me and let me continue on my merry way to the east node. So you see, they aren't indomitable or anything, do they need a nerf? Probably to their force camo ability. Maybe I should play my marauder again though, only to get even better at countering their attacks.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, more Mara/Sent nerf threads - why do people have so much trouble playing against them?

About the only thing that is unfair about them is the ability to stealth out of combat. I call it the coward move.

If that wasn't there, they would die as much and as easily as any other dps and nobody would complain.

Instead, everybody wants to nerf their damage, not the utility - idiots!

As for the OP's post - 10-49 WZs are only for practice, to level, to learn, to earn a few comms.

Real PVP starts at 50 and that's what all balance discussions should focus on.

Edited by Totaltrash

Nerf Rage/Focus spec, I'm a rank 93 mara, I saw another Warlord rank Mara in his PvP gear fully buffed.... 20%crit.

I learned that this player absolutely cannot do anything but Smash. Smash is stupidly easy: Frenzy, Berserk, Charge, Smash, Battering assault, Crush, Vicious Slashx6, Obliterate, Smash, pick nose, choke, charge, smash, berserk, Vicious Slash till smash is at 2 secs from cd, obliterate, smash etc etc etc.

Thats stupid, I've mastered Annihilation variants, Carnage variants but I refuse to play Rage. Imo kills and damage dont mean squat until the TDM comes out. But when TDM comes out I expect 3 pyrotechs, 3 smash mara/jugg 2 op healers. Yayy...

Nerf Rage/Focus spec, I'm a rank 93 mara, I saw another Warlord rank Mara in his PvP gear fully buffed.... 20%crit.

I learned that this player absolutely cannot do anything but Smash. Smash is stupidly easy: Frenzy, Berserk, Charge, Smash, Battering assault, Crush, Vicious Slashx6, Obliterate, Smash, pick nose, choke, charge, smash, berserk, Vicious Slash till smash is at 2 secs from cd, obliterate, smash etc etc etc.

Thats stupid, I've mastered Annihilation variants, Carnage variants but I refuse to play Rage. Imo kills and damage dont mean squat until the TDM comes out. But when TDM comes out I expect 3 pyrotechs, 3 smash mara/jugg 2 op healers. Yayy...

Cant do anything else except that? Go learn more.

Heh, more Mara/Sent nerf threads - why do people have so much trouble playing against them?

About the only thing that is unfair about them is the ability to stealth out of combat. I call it the coward move.

If that wasn't there, they would die as much and as easily as any other dps and nobody would complain.

Instead, everybody wants to nerf their damage, not the utility - idiots!

This is basically what I was saying. The damage isn't what needs to be nerfed. Snipers do tons of damage as well, and definitely we don't need any nerfs. We do tons of damage because that is our role. We are pure DPS. So are marauders. It is their job to do damage, and that is why their abilities do so much damage, like the sniper. We are range dps, they are melee, but those are the only classes in the game that are PURE DPS, hence the high damage. The only thing that needs to be nerfed is force camo. I like it to call it their little Houdini trick. I don't really see a reason for a non-stealth class to have an ability like this. Like I said, I'll be about to finish them off, then they'll pull their escape button. And now players have learned to use it every cooldown. It's damn annoying. That's really their only ability that I have a problem with. Other than that, their damage doesn't scare me. I have enough in my arsenal to keep them at a distance where their weapons can't strike long enough for me to kill them. But it is unfair when they give one pure dps class a disappearing trick and they don't give it to another pure dps class. The only other thing I find unfair is their 99% damage reduction. Again, if you're going to give this to one pure dps (melee) class, then give it to the other (ranged).

Edited by Solarenergy
added

Theyre buffing sorcs and assasins. PTs don't need a buff, so thats good. Mercs are being buffed. Other classes are fine tbh.

That being said, the "buff" to rage was needed to make the spec more.. shall we say, fluid? Basically, Rage is currently rather clunky for a marauder (it feels fine as a jugg) and the changes to how berserk affects Rage will address that. Not sure why they are buffing other stuff as well though, and juggs certainly didn't need a buff to Rage. Oh well, 1.4 just goes to show you that Bioware is going to do what they feel is right based on their own internal numbers and averages, not what everyone on the forums complains about. And really, good for them for sticking to their guns and doing what they, as developers think is right, and not catering to "NERF CLASS X QQQQQQQQQQQQ".

This is basically what I was saying. The damage isn't what needs to be nerfed. Snipers do tons of damage as well, and definitely we don't need any nerfs. We do tons of damage because that is our role. We are pure DPS. So are marauders. It is their job to do damage, and that is why their abilities do so much damage, like the sniper. We are range dps, they are melee, but those are the only classes in the game that are PURE DPS, hence the high damage. The only thing that needs to be nerfed is force camo. I like it to call it their little Houdini trick. I don't really see a reason for a non-stealth class to have an ability like this. Like I said, I'll be about to finish them off, then they'll pull their escape button. And now players have learned to use it every cooldown. It's damn annoying. That's really their only ability that I have a problem with. Other than that, their damage doesn't scare me. I have enough in my arsenal to keep them at a distance where their weapons can't strike long enough for me to kill them. But it is unfair when they give one pure dps class a disappearing trick and they don't give it to another pure dps class. The only other thing I find unfair is their 99% damage reduction. Again, if you're going to give this to one pure dps (melee) class, then give it to the other (ranged).

The reason Marauders get force camo is because we have zero other escape mechanics. Every class has one (even juggs, intercede is what i would consider an escape mechanic). The most frustrating thing about fighting a marauder is, imo, Undying Rage, but it's necessary because we don't get zomg full hp self heals like a jugg does, or the ability to heal ourselves.

How can you say we don't get the ability to heal ourselves? Watchman/annihilation say hello. Undying rage lasts 5 seconds, use a stun it isn't hard. If you've filled up a maras resolve bar before they used ur, then sorry you deserve to lose that fight. Learn to counter. Marauders are fine. L2p. And camo shouldn't even be used as an escape mechanism. Bad maras use it to run. It should be used as a gap closer, especially against snipers. Edited by PoliteAssasin

I'll tell you the main reason why everyone hates us: Undying Rage

Can you imagine fighting a guy, work your *** off to get him to 20% and you're at 50-60% HP. You prime your next big hitter, "5 damage", he in turn kills you in those 5 seconds.

That is why people call Marauders OP. Frustration.

Can you imagine fighting a guy, work your *** off to get him to 20% and you're at 50-60% HP. You prime your next big hitter, "5 damage", he in turn kills you in those 5 seconds.

I can imagine it and do it every day, either stun at the point you can burst them down while they cant react or target someone else for 5 seconds. I kill plenty of maras/sents daily.

they should either put a 99% damage debuff on the marauder when undying rage is active, or reduce the 99% dmg mitigation to 50%. Kinda silly to give them 5 seconds of complete dmg mitigation and best dps in game. 5 seconds is an eternity in pvp. I wish enraged defense worked like this, or had something similar on my jug. This is better defensive cooldown than any of the tanks get..

I beat marauders/sentinels all the time in the 1-49 bracket. I beat them with my tank shadow, tank assassin, tank jugg, tank powertech, and with my sentinel. It's rarely even close, no matter their level.

They're easier to beat than a pyro, or an entrenched sniper. Make them use their buffs, then stun, and run. Then kill them 12s later.

How can you say we don't get the ability to heal ourselves? Watchman/annihilation say hello. Undying rage lasts 5 seconds, use a stun it isn't hard. If you've filled up a maras resolve bar before they used ur, then sorry you deserve to lose that fight. Learn to counter. Marauders are fine. L2p. And camo shouldn't even be used as an escape mechanism. Bad maras use it to run. It should be used as a gap closer, especially against snipers.

I use cloak to escape if there are no healers, lol.

Edited by vimm

Oh look another one of those threads :)

Simple answer - L2P (I play an Assassin and a Juggernaut and i have absolutely no problems with Marauders or Sentinels)

P.S i can't believe people are complaining about the 1-49 bracket, rofl.

Edited by PowerReaper

If you see them pop undying rage just stun them. You may not know it but this is frustrating to them also. If you play a ranged character start kiting them and knocking them away. When undying rage is over go for the killing blow. You have to look at it from a counterpoint perspective - sun tzu style. You have to get inside a maras mind and anticipate what they are going to do and then use that to your advantage to make sure they use their abilities at a disadvantage. Don't forget almost all classes in this game have defensive cooldowns that allows them to prolong the fight as possible. And this is for the maras and the reason the maras have this is because they always have to be in the middle of every fight. So they use their cooldown at the last minute, and help arrives and the help kills you - that is working as intended. They just blew their defensive cooldown and are now more easier to kill. And even if they have camo, they still can't do damage to you. Remember, anticipation, when you know they are going to use these defensive cooldowns at the last minute stun them before they use them then unload on them. And when you become really good at this, you can almost "control" their actions - you just know what they are going to do and you set the pace and tempo of the fight, and you just counter. Trust me, I have my fair share of frustrating alot of people in this game.

You have to take away the mentality that balance is about you have to kill an opponent 1 on 1, balance in this game revolves around teamwork and how classes complements each other not solo killing another player. You also have to take into account that there are also other classes in this game that counters maras really well. I'm sorry to say this, and I mean no offence but this is a L2P issue.