Dragon Age 3 Devs moved to SWTOR.

... or life as we know it will be over.
Or most of us will be off playing Diablo III is what I think he is meaning by that. But yeah... being that Diablo III is F2P Ill be playing both so it doesn't bother me at all. Good news that they are getting help.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or most of us will be off playing Diablo III is what I think he is meaning by that. But yeah... being that Diablo III is F2P Ill be playing both so it doesn't bother me at all. Good news that they are getting help.

d3 is not f2p since its not an mmo

Al this doom and gloom. Wonder where I have read it before?

Oh yeah, on the threads of the forums of just about every other mmo I've ever played, including WoW. :rolleyes:

I'm just glad of the DA3 devs doing some work on swtor. This could prove interesting...

Um, this is a rumor, not fact. Fact is that the DA3 guys were not moved over. How do I know? None of your business.

Do I expect you guys to believe me? No. But you should check out the truth to things here. The OPs article was a crap hack rumor piece of crappy crap crap. Did I type crap enough? crap.

That said, DA3 staff are not working on TOR. TOR staff are working on TOR, and if DA3 staff exist, they are working on DA3. Business sense people, business sense.

These trolls fed by Enderthane, who ignores the sign.

Um, this is a rumor, not fact. Fact is that the DA3 guys were not moved over. How do I know? None of your business.

Do I expect you guys to believe me? No. But you should check out the truth to things here. The OPs article was a crap hack rumor piece of crappy crap crap. Did I type crap enough? crap.

That said, DA3 staff are not working on TOR. TOR staff are working on TOR, and if DA3 staff exist, they are working on DA3. Business sense people, business sense.

These trolls fed by Enderthane, who ignores the sign.

Then this game is really screwed.

I think this is a case of four words: Pot calling Kettle black.

If you actually knew what you were talking about you'd realise that maybe we don't all have to just jump on the hate bandwagon as soon as something goes wrong, but well maybe I am asking too much here.

I know what I am talking about. I gave the game some time - 6 months to be exact. And do not devalue the issues that the game has. We are not talking about some "minor" problems. The things the so called "haters" have in mind revolve around the fact that this game offers really poor gameplay, STALE , DEAD and heavily instanced areas, obvious PvP imbalances, outdated engine, HORRID optimization, delay of content, lack of guild features and the list goes on.

The thing is, the game obviously lacks in MANY aspects and this is not an opinion - it is a fact, which is the result of a comparison with other MMOs.

For example... Answer the following question: What kind of guild features does SWTOR offer? Guild banks, that is it... And not to mention that it took them 4 moths to implement this. 4. freaking. months. This is a BASIC feature and even free to play games have it. How come a game with such an immense budget, hype and manpower behind it, does not offer something like that? I mean, REALLY?

This is one of the many issues, but I hope you get my point. This was just a snippet to serve as an example.

Edited by Metallistic

I have a friend who has worked for Bioware several times. At the end of each project, he gets canned and is back to job searching. TOR was one of those. [they needed people with experience MAKING MMOs, not RUNNING them.]

Being a game programmer stinks.

For example... Answer the following question: What kind of guild features does SWTOR offer? Guild banks, that is it... And not to mention that it took them 4 moths to implement this. 4. freaking. months. This is a BASIC feature and even free to play games have it. How come a game with such an immense budget, hype and manpower behind it, does not offer something like that? I mean, REALLY?
Because guild features really aren't a huge deal?

As someone who used to play Shadowbane, where we could build our own guild cities, your little want for pedantic "guild features" is amusing. Oh no, you can't get 2% experience after reaching Guild Level 7!? What ever shall we do?

Sounds like you don't understand how hard developing new content for an MMO is, go do yourself a favour and see how much time it takes for other MMOs to develop content and get back to me.

TL;DR this game has one of the fastest development cycles out there.

I disagree with you, especially in your TLDR section. Rift had 6 patches out by the time it was SWTOR's age. Also, I do not care how hard it is. We are paying them triple A prices for a game with single A features. That's the bottom line.

Well that doesn't surprise me. The same failures that created DA2 can continue to fail in SWTOR.

Nobody was going to buy DA3 after the DA2 debacle. In fact sales were so anemic and the game got such bad press that retailers refuse to stock the proposed "Ultimate Edition" of DA2 because it would be a "waste of shelf space."

DA:O is still stocked and in fact sells for more than DA2 does. Bioware needs to right the ship or they are pretty much finished as a quality dev at least in my eyes.

i wouldn't say DA2 was bad but wasn't great like DAO the combat system was way better the only part that sucked was the story i for one cannot wait until they make a Dragon Age

i wouldn't say DA2 was bad but wasn't great like DAO the combat system was way better the only part that sucked was the story i for one cannot wait until they make a Dragon Age

DA2 was pretty bad for what it was supposed to be: A tactical rpg in the way of Baldur's Gate and the original Dragon Age.

The combat is very simplistic and is much more flash than substance... and super, super easy. Also, teleporting enemies behind you every other encounter.

The premise of living in a changing city over time was a farce. Nothing changes.

Reused areas without even a texture overhaul. Inexcusable.

I have a friend who has worked for Bioware several times. At the end of each project, he gets canned and is back to job searching. TOR was one of those. [they needed people with experience MAKING MMOs, not RUNNING them.]

Being a game programmer stinks.

Tell him not to go back to working for Bioware then. If you get canned each time then what is the point?

Tell him not to go back to working for Bioware then. If you get canned each time then what is the point?

he's probably doing contractual work, project-based. and i think the guy is not hating bioware, he's just saying that contractual work as a games developer sucks.

he's probably doing contractual work, project-based. and i think the guy is not hating bioware, he's just saying that contractual work as a games developer sucks.

Fair enough, that just blows on so many levels though. I wouldn't be able to work for someone that I knew would can me when I completed a project for them.