Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode I

EricMusco

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you listened to the Podcast, you can hear how the Devs wasting time on a Scooby Doo speeder is more important than working on actual issues. The Devs are too "omg it's star wars" hyped up and they're too high on their own game to consider for a minute that they're making all the mistakes past MMOs have made YEARS ago. EA is only adding fuel to fire by doing anything at all, EA should be a silent partner, not a driving force.

**snip**

But I want to add something to these points.

**snip**

About your points, you know that, I know that, most knows that. I guess even the devs knows that.

(Note: there was also the green crystal issue vs razer owners and the random companions kits generation)

The issue lies in their attitude:

--------From trying to dismiss the issues to saying how great everything is.

Thing is they look so disconnected in their speech versus what's really happening in game.

I'm always puzzled by that and they keep amazing me with that. Not in a good way.

Edited by Deewe

Thanks for the podcast, it was enjoyable. This is the kind of communication that I'd like to see more of. Keep them coming.

Also, please ignore all the raging morons who are spamming the video with thumbs downs, they are a very vocal minority that doesn't speak for everyone. And yeah, this is coming from someone on a dead server. I know you guys are working on it, I'm enjoying leveling alts while I wait.

^Agree with this guy.

Thanks for the podcast, it was enjoyable. This is the kind of communication that I'd like to see more of. Keep them coming.

Also, please ignore all the raging morons who are spamming the video with thumbs downs, they are a very vocal minority that doesn't speak for everyone. And yeah, this is coming from someone on a dead server. I know you guys are working on it, I'm enjoying leveling alts while I wait.

I was just like you at one time, I supported this game even though the facts were right up in my grill. Now I don't, they needed to talk about server transfers/merges/cross server ques. Low pop servers are killing this game right now,

So in part of their pod cast (which they seem to have taken more time on than fixing bugs and important issues within the game itself) they mention that their teams LOVE to play the game.

Are they playing a different game then us? Because they sure do not seem capable of solving issues that need to be solved as far as end game bugs and so forth. If they do fix some minor useless bug issues that effects nobody they manage to create a new major bug that effects EVERYONE. Need I remind you guys the missing matrix cubes.

It is nice to see the developers are more focused on a pod cast and glorifying themselves rather than repairing the damage they have done to an ever slowly drop of subscribers. A good percentage will be gone once the free month is up as well.

Now some time has passed since I read that podcast here's some more input.

First the podcast felt as:

1. Self congratulation and mention of how great are your ideas
  2. Blaming players for not being able to deliver good features due to the poor feedback
  3. No acknowledgement of current issues nor plans to address them

Here's how it should have been:

A) Let's talk about 1.2:

- Legacy was the biggest feature

- Guild banks

- GUI

- Content...

We think while not perfect we set up a good ground for future extensions with all the above... more on that later.

Then to start with the legacy we noticed a few things, first some players felt it was hurting the lore to have cross class skills and it really saddened us to see an intended fun feature divided the player base in two. (Explanations and future mitigating tweaks here)

It's also pretty clear some players wants to have the legacy cross server (insert plans or explain issues here) or (hint?) linked to others players characters

We also noted the mandatory legacy name & associated popup was mentioned many times along having separate last names for characters (comments, plans here)

Guild banks... is just a start for guild features

On the UI part now it seems the team job was really appreciated. While we are very proud of it we are fully aware there is still lot of room for improvement (separate buff bars, more quickslots, save/load keybindings...). Mention of flip UI feature as kind of topping you are looking towards to make TOR shines more.

Mentions content... and PvP

B) Moving forward. 1.3: Features and conveniences patch

- LFG

- Gear customization

- Legacy

- Alts leveling cross paths

LFG mentioned as one side of the coin for population balance, mentions character transfer in the works for summer.

Gear customization, talk more freeness to gear up, certainly don't mention tanks in hot pants. Speak augments and immediately explain impact on crafters.

Legacy: last names, rename legacy, more unlocks (avoid non SW features), species switch unlock for vets...

Alts: items sharing convenience why not even heirlroom items.

C) Always in the works

- Engine optimization (FPS, shadows, draw distance...)

- World PvP (throw a bone or two)

- Game immersion (NPC AI, environmental sounds, critters, more dynamic world...)

- Improving exploration & incentives

- RP tools (seats, emotes macros, appearance tabs, gear dyes, chat bubbles, barber shop...)

- Bugs fixing

- And much much more SW feeling!

D) Rakghoul plague

All that was said plus, apology for those who felt griefed either by the

........PvP flagging on PvE servers

........Plague tagging on PvE servers

........Ganking on PvP server due to faction imbalance

........Impossibility to buy rewards due to the vendor being camped on PvP servers or vendor being removed after the event without enough time of announcement.

........Or missed the event due to the short notice of announcement

Add something along the lines overall seems the event was well perceived and we'll make sure to take into account all the above for the next event. +throw a bone about the vendor or the event coming back soon...

Then next event will feel much more SW...

E) Speak about misscommunication about "most loyal customers", apologize and mentions in the works, in game, veteran rewards based on subscribed time (vs played or legacy level)

F, G, H... etc.

Z) General mood:

• Certainly don't mention how great are your features. (If so players will tell you for true.)
  • Don't mentions how you work (ex: strike teams) especially as long as you under-deliver. (You look like giving lessons to others MMO as citing you in example)
  • Tune down your tone, be more humble. (People will respect that)
  • Never ever mentions players on forums are trolls, ... or give poor feedback. (Note would you have actually listened to the constructive posts and discussed with them you would not have that much vitriol in their tone)
  • Don't try to avoid the issues, come up front to them. Start to acknowledge them then at least hint at solutions or plans (never hide in the shadows)

I agree with this post. Well said.

Why so much talking about how great you are and how good is the stuff you are dooing? Especially when its not.

I imagine if there were real qustions...

BW dude:

- We were so proud to present you the awsomness itself - THE leagasy system. Its so great, i gust dont have enough wrods to describe how great it is.

Caster:

- But you said yourself 80% of community dont have 1 million credits. Why such useless stuff cost that much?

Bw dude:

- Its so great to use forse choke with your sniper! We want to deliver the stuff our players really need and like.

Caster:

- Never mind. What about PvP?

BW dude:

- We have best PvP team in buiness!

Caster:

- Were people who designed Illum a part of that team? And how Illum actually came live if you are so strict about quality lines, and canseled Ranked Warzones because they were not good enough to be a part of Bio Ware game?

BW dude:

- We have a guild banks added in 1.2, because our main goal is to make this game even more awsome!

Caster;

- Great. Have you ever seen a team of Operatives?

BW dude:

- Georg had. Were were about to selebrate our record fast growing community and discuss how many new servers we need to open, when that dude appeared in our VIP appartment and said he has reall stuff that can throw us in the world of fantasies. Geord doublesized himself.. and when woke up, said that we need immidietly to do something with teams of operatives stunlocking our beloved costumers till unsubscrbing... oh sorry... you actually can optimise your gear the way you want, and in 1.3 we will make this system even more great!

Caster:

- Why there is no option for everyone to copy your character on test server?

BW dude:

- Because we want our new features to be tested with as many people as possible to see how things actually work in natural gaming enviroment, not only on paper.

Edited by Maxkardinal