The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Congratulations BW, you win.

KhalDrogoe

I told myself, if this upcoming patch says nothing about PvP, or if they don't post any updates on WZ's, rated/cross server or otherwise, or no mention or acknowledgement that there is a problem where people cannot PvP except during a few hours at rotating peak times, and no "work around"

Heck, I even read

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=403398

hoping that there would be some mention of ANYTHING PvP. But instead it's all PvE stuff, and stuff I am completely disinterested in.

But since it's been a month, and BW hasn't spoken a word about rateds since 6 hours before 1.2 became released I have canceled my subscription. I'm just gonna ride out whatever time I have left, and just *maybe* might look back at this game in a year to see if anything's improved. I guess I held out longer than most people on my server, should've hopped on the bandwagon when they pulled rateds out.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I told myself, if this upcoming patch says nothing about PvP, or if they don't post any updates on WZ's, rated/cross server or otherwise, or no mention or acknowledgement that there is a problem where people cannot PvP except during a few hours at rotating peak times, and no "work around"

Heck, I even read

hoping that there would be some mention of ANYTHING PvP. But instead it's all PvE stuff, and stuff I am completely disinterested in.

But since it's been a month, and BW hasn't spoken a word about rateds since 6 hours before 1.2 became released I have canceled my subscription. I'm just gonna ride out whatever time I have left, and just *maybe* might look back at this game in a year to see if anything's improved. I guess I held out longer than most people on my server, should've hopped on the bandwagon when they pulled rateds out.

I can understand your frustration. It feeds the dark side!

I can understand your frustration. It feeds the dark side!

Haha, eat away my friend. You can have all my gear when the subscription time runs out.

As for you other guys... not calling current WZ's a bug is incorrect. If you're not gonna fix wz's even a tiny bit in a patch, that's basically saying that they're perfectly content with how the pvp game is the way it is. Money talks, and mine just said goodbye.

Haha, eat away my friend. You can have all my gear when the subscription time runs out.

As for you other guys... not calling current WZ's a bug is incorrect. If you're not gonna fix wz's even a tiny bit in a patch, that's basically saying that they're perfectly content with how the pvp game is the way it is. Money talks, and mine just said goodbye.

you're right here. The PVP is being completely ignored. I can think of tons of things they can release in a patch to help fix this garbage pvp system. We arent asking for new WZ's in the patch, we are asking for fixes.

are we supposed to actually believe that 1 whole month ago, they had ranked warzone system in place and it was advertised as a new feature in 1.2, then just a few hours before releas they decided it needed some more tweaking. great job on taking this long to tweak.

I'm sorry to lose you, but you're correct. Money is the only bargaining chip you have. PvP isn't warzones...warzones suck. I hope you return some day, but if you're like me, once a game in uninstalled, no free time and no patch will make me return, I simply move on.

you're right here. The PVP is being completely ignored. I can think of tons of things they can release in a patch to help fix this garbage pvp system. We arent asking for new WZ's in the patch, we are asking for fixes.

I'd settle for a daily "Kill 15 Imps" quest for 25 comms. PvP is VERY easy to code for. Incentive is all that's needed.

God we can only hope this is the truth! There are so many places on the internet to go and whine .. go there and have a nice trip!

This may not impact your PvE any, because Soa will always be there, but making suggestions like this DOES impact MY ability to PvP.

You were expecting new PvP features in a bug fix patch?

Perhaps if you adjusted your expectations to be more in line with reality you wouldn't suffer so much cognitive dissonance?

Destroyed.

Could they? Sure.

Should you expect them to? No.

If your expectations are out of alignment with reality you will always be disappointed.

It is what Bioware was "hopeful" for.

So, it would have to be in a weekly patch before 1.3.

Edited by Nastynas

Heck, I even read

lol Dont kid yourself we wont look back in a year.

The Norwegian gaming company PRessfire just wrote about this. Basically they promised and promised, and never came through. The last month they've lost 40.000 subs, so good luck holding this ship up. TORtanic is going down.

lol Dont kid yourself we wont look back in a year.

Aint that the truth. Secret World beta starts for me at 5 est and I doubt I'll look back even past that. I will play GW2 AND Secret World and pay the same sub amount for both combined that I pay for just SWtoR and imo they are BOTH superior games. My parting thought? PVE'ers ruin mmorpg's not pvp'ers by WASTING dev time to keep them constantly amused when all pvp'ers need is something good in place and it will last us for years. Balance, schmalance, pvp'ers just roll the op classes and giddy up.

You were expecting new PvP features in a bug fix patch?

Perhaps if you adjusted your expectations to be more in line with reality you wouldn't suffer so much cognitive dissonance?

Bioware is counting on people like you to make payroll. To use the words expectations and reality in a post discussing the development of this game is both ironic and comical. I'll assume based on your vocabulary that was intentional and intended to be humorous.

Heck, I even read

But since it's been a month, and BW hasn't spoken a word about rateds since 6 hours before 1.2 became released I have canceled my subscription. I'm just gonna ride out whatever time I have left, and just *maybe* might look back at this game in a year to see if anything's improved. I guess I held out longer than

most people on my server, should've hopped on the bandwagon when they pulled rateds out.

I have a difficult time taking someone seriously who doesn't know the difference between disinterested and uninterested. A few less video games and forum trolling and a little more study is needed.

I have a difficult time taking someone seriously who doesn't know the difference between disinterested and uninterested. A few less video games and forum trolling and a little more study is needed.

dis·in·ter·est·ed

   [dis-in-tuh-res-tid, -tri-stid] Show IPA

adjective

not interested; indifferent.

Usage note

Disinterested and uninterested share a confused and confusing history. Disinterested was originally used to mean “not interested, indifferent”; uninterested in its earliest use meant “impartial.” By various developmental twists, disinterested is now used in both senses. Uninterested is used mainly in the sense “not interested, indifferent.” It is occasionally used to mean “not having a personal or property interest.”

Please teach me oh wise grammar nazi

This is a legit question, but why do you feel the need to let us know you' ve unsubbed? You know there are thousands of other people subbing and unsubbing all the time that dont come and post about it. I usualy dont reply to these sort of things, but Im really thinking to myself, who cares?