The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Does huttball need to be removed?

DarthFourTwenty

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remove voidstar please. That is the worst warzone by far. I'd love it if huttball had it's own queue that would be all I'd play.

Now *THIS* I could get behind. Of all the WZ's, this is the one that requires THE LEAST strategy/skill/whatever. It's a zerg fest. Even when I queue as a pre-made, you can easily defend by simply throwing bodies at the doors.

Heh yeah I guess that's a way to look at it... But really, most WZs are completely puggable if the other players aren't completely brain dead... I mean, most of the things they have to understand are left, right, middle, beat on the guy with a big glowing mark over his head.

Huttball is much more complex than that, and while capable players are able to win even when pugging, it remains a much more random experience than other wzs, due to the complexity and difficulty in communication.

Then again, playing huttball in a premade with TS against another premade is probably the most fun you can have in a wz (though you may get some epic fights in other wzs too)

You had me until you said 'if the other players aren't completely brain dead'. :D

But I concede the point that huttball is the most difficult to pug. It requires a lot of coordination.

I hate huttball. Does anyone else? i think it should be in its own queue. that way the people who dont want to play that idiotic, lousy excuse for a warzone, can not worry and just play the other awesome warzones!

I agree! Then I can queue for only huttball all day long! :D:D:D

I have a simple solution, let Hutball only be available in 8 man ranked warzones..let it be the elite game for the 8 man premades. That way pugs dont have to face it as much and the posters here who love it can face other premades..that way they can really see how fun it is.......

Warrior ball is ok, kinda annoying when a class can leap to an ally once, be pulled by a sorc, and leap two or three times and get to the goal in around 10 seconds from grabbing the ball at the middle (either the juggernaut is immune to CC or can do a short leap for a third time).

If huttball is about moving the ball, then players should not be able to move around so quickly as the ball handler, but I doubt anything will ever change in that regard. Would be great if the ball handlers were unable to use speed increases or leaps but rather than adapting to a gameplay that favors no particular class most players would likely complain, threaten to unsub, and make wild threads (probably about how stealthers would be OP in huttball, then healers, then tanks, then snipers/gunslingers in cover). If the warzone did not favor any particular class, then it could even end up being a boring warzone. In the end it is probably best just to leave things alone.

Until rateds come out winning is not too crucial, at the very least you could probably hold middle and play it like any other point-guard warzone.

if a ball can be pulled and leaped this quickly it can be passed just as quick. and every class that has a pull or leap, has a counterclass (or possibility of) on the other team.

if a ball can be pulled and leaped this quickly it can be passed just as quick.

leap to enemy to get closer to goalline = pass to the enemy?

force speed run through fire = pass across the fire?

brilliant.

and every class that has a pull or leap, has a counterclass (or possibility of) on the other team.

which involves the same select few classes.

Huttball greatly favors certain classes, but unless you've the misfortune of always running into your server's specialized Huttball team (and that team would suck for most other WZs) this isn't a huge problem. It sucks if they got a tank geared + speced Jugg and you don't, but that's about it and that team is taking a pretty big risk for any other map. Without counting absolutely specialize teams, the presence of grapples tend to foil most sneaky plans and force those guys to have to deathmatch and here you can obviously contribute as a function of your class's ability to kill stuff. In fact, sometimes it's easier for the 'bad' Huttball classes to sneak through because a Sage is going to get grappled anytime he stands in anywhere that looks remotely threatening. A Merc, one of the worst classes in terms of mobility, can often sneak through just because nobody would expect you to ever pass the ball to him.

expect mara due to lack of CCs like knock back, stuns, pull/push

Wouldn't say we lack CCs (I play a combat Sentinel). Pull/Push, yes but CCs are fine if used correctly. Your problem probably is lacking coordination rather than lack of CCs. After all we have that nice Area of Effect 6 Second CC (the name of which I just can't seem to remember). Try running with your friends/guild and use TeamSpeak or something similar to coordinate you tactics. Tell them to stop attacking anyone near you, then use skill for 6 seconds of helpless enemies. Also force choke (stasis for me). I often see the enemy ball handler with a completely empty resolve bar. Slow him, wait for him to try and cross a fire field and force choke for invisible marshmallow stick. Not to forget master strike/ravage. With that skill able to root for it's duration I already selfdestructed togehter with the ball handler by rooting him on a fire field as a last resort move.

Also CCs aren't everything. Remember we have a party buff or two that can help as well. Have those 30 Stacks of centering/fury ready? Use Transcendence/Predation. Fun to watch the enemy panic when suddenly your whole team speeds up. :D

Inspiration/Bloodthirst is nice, too.

Does Huttball favor teamplay/premades over random groups? Absolutely.

Does it favor certain classes? Maybe, but I don't think we Sentinels/Marauders are the ones to complain.

@topic:

I know I didn't like it in the beginning, but back then I was some level 30ish, had just started trying TOR's PvP and was (and still am) solo queueing, playing with random groups. Now that I have some practise I enjoy it quite a bit actually.

I don't think huttball needs to be removed. Maybe we should be able to choose which warzone to queue for though. Not sure.

For people that love deathmatch arena, huttball will seem boring. After all it isn't "kill your mate" wz. Hutball can be very tactical, intense and fun to play battleground. Thought an positioning, combined with teamplay, wins over 1v1 dueling skills there.

Huttball removed ?

No.

What they need to do is make Huttball is own seperate PVP game with multiple Huttball arenas, like an MGGS arena (hint hint)

YES! MGGS is buggy. I don't like that with the way MGGS currently is, but...

Huttball 24/7

Phase One:

Huttball

Magmaball

Edited by KingAlexlol

I hate huttball. Does anyone else? i think it should be in its own queue. that way the people who dont want to play that idiotic, lousy excuse for a warzone, can not worry and just play the other awesome warzones!

No. Huttball is awesome.

Giving people the option to queue for what they want is a bad idea. Since queues are as bad as they are currently it would be an even worse idea.

Besides which the answer is staring you in the face, if you dont like huttball leave the warzone...

Warrior ball is ok, kinda annoying when a class can leap to an ally once, be pulled by a sorc, and leap two or three times and get to the goal in around 10 seconds from grabbing the ball at the middle (either the juggernaut is immune to CC or can do a short leap for a third time).

When is the saber-tank ever the first person to get the ball from the middle?

If huttball is about moving the ball, then players should not be able to move around so quickly as the ball handler, but I doubt anything will ever change in that regard.

There are three ways players move around with the ball:

1 - active carrier skills (charge/interceed/F-speed)

2 - active enemy skills (pull/grapple/pushback)

3 - the "forward" ability on your mouse or keyboard

---- Methods 1 and 2 are faster than method 3. Funny - very funny - how baddies only seem to complain about method #1. Method #2, after all, is much more common. In fact in terms of active skills enemy players are much more likely to be moving the ball via abilities than any ball carrier, at any time.

• 1 month later...
Huttball's fine, and viable for all classes.

Only its about 10000x more fun as a shadow, sentinel, tank vanguard, sage and guardian than the other classes.

I like Huttball but the playing field could use some leveling. I say this having a handful of level 50 chars, it's much more fun when you can score the ball now and then when you need to.