Who would win in a fight Trooper or Bounty Hunter

As far as game mechanics go, the two classes are identical, so it would all come down to gear and skill, or various combinations of talent builds/skill specs.

Lore-wise, the bounty hunter would win hands down. Bounty hunters are used to working alone, going up against tough opponents by themselves, while troopers are trained to operate in squads. One on one, a trooper doesnt have his squad for backup, and he doesnt carry all of the gadgets a bounty hunter would in order to maintain versatility during combat.

As far as game mechanics go, the two classes are identical, so it would all come down to gear and skill, or various combinations of talent builds/skill specs.

Lore-wise, the bounty hunter would win hands down. Bounty hunters are used to working alone, going up against tough opponents by themselves, while troopers are trained to operate in squads. One on one, a trooper doesnt have his squad for backup, and he doesnt carry all of the gadgets a bounty hunter would in order to maintain versatility during combat.

A load of tripe...

Bounty Hunters work in groups also and Troopers work solo. As stated above mechanics wise they would be fairly even (though I think Trooper still has a few flaws) and would be up to how good a player is.

RP wise... thats a little more difficult. I would have to side with the Trooper. Why? Equipment wise they would be about the same. Mandalorian equipment vs Republic's best. While one might have an advantage in one aspect the other would make up in others. Unfortunately for the Bounty Hunter he is a "street trained" gun for hire. The Trooper is a well trained military career soldier. Seriously it would be like a Taliban gunman vs a US (or just about any Western European military) soldier. The Bounty Hunter would lack the variety and depth of skills and knowledge that the Trooper would possess.

apparently you've never heard of black ops soldiers... most of these guys are insanely skilled in multiable areas... while yes they can work as a unit and be deadly each is a force to be reckoned with on there own. Also have to factor things in like training...weapondry, and resources... a bounty hunter is only as tough as credits they can manage to earn, while a trooper is FUNDED by a goverment and thus has access to the latest technology and high tech weapons with out having to get second rate gear or wear armor is like decades old(think about it for a second... how old was boba's armor? how old was it before his father got it?)

Bounty hunters are defintaly deadly forces and on own can gain access to some gear is pretty lethal but if your going for any ounce of realism...

9/10 trooper is better trained

9/10 trooper has better gear

9/10 trooper has better tactical strategy in combat

9/10 trooper is never alone and always has backup close at hand

9/10 trooper gear is new and not old, and prone to malfunction or backfire

Not saying that bounty hunter is lame, but i am saying if you add a bit of thought into it...way starwars portrays its troopers has always been wrong. a highly trtained and skilled soldier should ALWAYS be considered lethal. Should all have martial arts training, should all have some amount of explosives knowlege, heavy weapons, self defense, tactical training this kind of stuff only get IF your a former military officer... i don't believe most bounty hunters have this kind of training.

Don't forget that not all Bounty Hunters are Boba Fetts. Play the BH story just to realize that most of the other BH's just scrounge together whatever equipment they can and are half-assedly hunting for credits.

But in every class's story you're playing as "the best" of your kind in the galaxy. So I'd say it's a toss-up with a slight edge to the BH since they are trained to track and eliminate targets one on one, while the Trooper is suited to larger engagements with Havoc Squad.

A load of tripe...

Bounty Hunters work in groups also and Troopers work solo. As stated above mechanics wise they would be fairly even (though I think Trooper still has a few flaws) and would be up to how good a player is.

RP wise... thats a little more difficult. I would have to side with the Trooper. Why? Equipment wise they would be about the same. Mandalorian equipment vs Republic's best. While one might have an advantage in one aspect the other would make up in others. Unfortunately for the Bounty Hunter he is a "street trained" gun for hire. The Trooper is a well trained military career soldier. Seriously it would be like a Taliban gunman vs a US (or just about any Western European military) soldier. The Bounty Hunter would lack the variety and depth of skills and knowledge that the Trooper would possess.

I agree that in most cases the trooper would have received better training, but don't discount the Mandalorian training. While not all bounty hunters are Mandalorians, the mandalorians' training would probably exceed that of the troopers. Republic troopers are a voluntary profession. Mandalorian military training is ingrained into their very way of life. I would take a typical Mandalorian over a typical trooper in a one on one battle.

Not saying that bounty hunter is lame, but i am saying if you add a bit of thought into it...way starwars portrays its troopers has always been wrong. a highly trtained and skilled soldier should ALWAYS be considered lethal. Should all have martial arts training, should all have some amount of explosives knowlege, heavy weapons, self defense, tactical training this kind of stuff only get IF your a former military officer... i don't believe most bounty hunters have this kind of training.

too bad we're talking about starwars here.

And if your life depended on your equipment being top of the line, you'd spend a fishload of time optimizing it whether you have access to the republic's best, or a hodge podge of prototype artillery/gadgets that you buy on the black market for as many credits as needed.

About training I have to agree that the average trooper is better than the average bountyhunter.

But the best bounty hunter will take down a squad of troopers without them even knowing he was anywhere in the nearabouts.

Think about a professional boxer against a streetfighter who spent his entire life in the worst ghetto you can imagine. Who would win a bareknuckle fight between the two? I'd go for the streetfighter

Edited by Wisz_Rethon

A load of tripe...

It amuses me how you would quickly dismiss another''s assertions and then make some equally ridiculous ones in the very next breath.

A bounty hunter is someone who hunts others for money. The profession makes absolutely no distinction as to the individual's background. What if the current bounty hunter is an ex SF Trooper? Or a highly advanced HK droid? They could be an extremely well resourced and exceptionally trained corporate hit man. Hardly 'street fighters'.

Faced with such possibilities, your cited advantages quickly melt.

H.

I think the funniest thing about a trooper is whenever you're about to engage a boss you say something like Havoc squad mobilize or havoc squad engage! When its just you and your companion it makes no sense

It amuses me how you would quickly dismiss another''s assertions and then make some equally ridiculous ones in the very next breath.

A bounty hunter is someone who hunts others for money. The profession makes absolutely no distinction as to the individual's background. What if the current bounty hunter is an ex SF Trooper? Or a highly advanced HK droid? They could be an extremely well resourced and exceptionally trained corporate hit man. Hardly 'street fighters'.

Faced with such possibilities, your cited advantages quickly melt.

H.

So you are saying someone who hunts for money is better than someone who kills on order by (or to support) a vast government? Hardly, and a rediculous assertion. You assert that soemone who had the same possible training as a Trooper will somehow be better? But that ex-soldier no longer has access to updated battle tactics and information, nor do they have access to new top of the line equipment. Or a droid who is made up of programs? Or someone who has to purchase their equipment personally will be better equiped than someone who is given equipment from a vast bureaucracy? An "extremely well resourced and exceptionally trained corporate hit" is still vastly under-supported compared to what a multi-planet government can finance. Yes, compared to a elite soldier they are still street fighters.

Your assertions are honestly laughable. A government soldier has access to the best, most advanced tactics, weapons, and equipment. They will also be given new equipment as soon as it is developed and put into production and return for additional training when not in combat. A Bounty Hunter does not have access to that vast pool of resources.

So you are saying someone who hunts for money is better than someone who kills on order by (or to support) a vast government? Hardly, and a rediculous assertion. You assert that soemone who had the same possible training as a Trooper will somehow be better? But that ex-soldier no longer has access to updated battle tactics and information, nor do they have access to new top of the line equipment. Or a droid who is made up of programs? Or someone who has to purchase their equipment personally will be better equiped than someone who is given equipment from a vast bureaucracy? An "extremely well resourced and exceptionally trained corporate hit" is still vastly under-supported compared to what a multi-planet government can finance. Yes, compared to a elite soldier they are still street fighters.

Your assertions are honestly laughable. A government soldier has access to the best, most advanced tactics, weapons, and equipment. They will also be given new equipment as soon as it is developed and put into production and return for additional training when not in combat. A Bounty Hunter does not have access to that vast pool of resources.

I'll have to go with this.

Trooper, under equal circumstances, has more advantages that can lead him to defeat a Bounty Hunter, most importantly training, equipment and mainly, intelligence.

Still, there are a lot of variables to consider (The Bounty Hunter would probably defeat the Trooper in close combar or if s/he sets the Trooper a trap), but, again, under equal circumstances the Trooper is more likely to be victorious.

So you are saying someone who hunts for money is better than someone who kills on order by (or to support) a vast government? Hardly, and a rediculous assertion.
Yes, in general people who work for themselves work harder than people who work for a boss. But it is questionable if this would apply in a matter of life and death. You don't think about your employer on such a moment.

The bounty hunter is more or less self-educated. I believe people who are self-educated, but are skilled in the field, are more creative and disciplined than those who did everything by the book of an authority.

Your assertions are honestly laughable. A government soldier has access to the best, most advanced tactics, weapons, and equipment. They will also be given new equipment as soon as it is developed and put into production and return for additional training when not in combat. A Mandalorian, however, has access to an even larger pool of specialized weapons, armor, and technology.

Fixed that for you.