My guild is helping to kill our server

Eddizel

I will try to explain this without coming off as cocky, or happy about this.

We have a decent pvp background, mostly 2400+ arena/RBG WOW players with a few glads sprinkled in,

I even enjoyed raiding in this game and have done all the content but BOTH of the 16 man raiding guilds I have been in have already quit the game and moved on. I now solely pvp.

We play ALOT. We don't lose. When my guild is online and queueing up with 2 or more groups over the course of 4-6 hour sessions, we get into games and look at the final scoreboard and you can see anywhere from 16-20 imps came in and out of the game. People queue dodge us, or stop Q'ing completely. Since we are the smaller faction, all they see is our premades mixed with a couple other pub guild premades, and we all know how to work together and it is actually a good pvp community. We have a call and name for just about every passing location in huttball.

This is starting to make queue times horrible. Our server is dying just like everyone elses. We have multiple empire players saying it takes them roughly 4+ hours of queue dodging and playing just to get their daily done. We have anyone who is any decent at pvp asking to reroll and join us. We don't like this because who the hell are we supposed to play? Instead of having any rivalry or decent games, we just have people who would rather stand around and socialize in say chat while we 3 cap or 6 score huttball. And most people just seem to be quitting.

TLDR - Nothing is more important right now then server merging/transfers. We all want rateds, we all want cross-server warzones, we all want balance and to make sure no cheats or hacks happen in rateds. None of that matters if our servers are dead and we can't play the game in even its current basic state.

Edited by Eddizel

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, if I am in a premade I only want to play against premades. When I am in a pug, I will leave every game against premades I can, no matter the penalty. They make the penalty severe, I will play a diff character. If it's even more severe, I'll go back to rift where they figured out how to separate the Q's.

I will try to excplain this without coming off as cocky, or happy about this.

We have a decent pvp background, mostly 2400+ arena/RBG WOW players with a few glads sprinkled in,

I even enjoyed raiding in this game and have done all the content but BOTH of the 16 man raiding guilds I have been in have already quit the game and moved on. I now solely pvp.

We play ALOT. We don't lose. When my guild is online and queueing up with 2 or more groups over the course of 4-6 hour sessions, we get into games and look at the final scoreboard and you can see anywhere from 16-20 imps came in and out of the game. People queue dodge us, or stop Q'ing completely. Since we are the smaller faction, all they see is our premades mixed with a couple other pub guild premades, and we all know how to work together and it is actually a good pvp community. We have a call and name for just about every passing location in huttball.

This is starting to make queue times horrible. Our server is dying just like everyone elses. We have multiple empire players saying it takes them roughly 4+ hours of queue dodging and playing just to get their daily done. We have anyone who is any decent at pvp asking to reroll and join us. We don't like this because who the hell are we supposed to play? Instead of having any rivalry or decent games, we just have people who would rather stand around and socialize in say chat while we 3 cap or 6 score huttball. And most people just seem to be quitting.

TLDR - Nothing is more important right now then server merging/transfers. We all want rateds, we all want cross-server warzones, we all want balance and to make sure no cheats or hacks happen in rateds. None of that matters if our servers are dead and we can't play the game in even its current basic state.

this is part of the reason why i started to stop queueing on my server our imperials geared up with war hero from BANKED level 80-90th level wz comms so stepping into the wz is only 31 wins since patch 1.2 thats horrible for constantly queueing (pvp is all i do ) /frustrated

yup i see, and hear many who will NOt play pre mades anymore...just isnt fun..they really should make a separate que/zone/WZ for pre made groups....SO I have to agree with ya that pre made groups can, and mostly will, destroy PVP eventually..until they create a separate place for them to compete(which really is what they want to do anyway I bet)..

yeah i was originally on the smaller pop side of a tiny server, and i would just face the same d-bag top geared premade whenever i wanted to pvp and there was only one game at a time. so i just rerolled onto a high pop server and its a much better experience. premades man. killin servers.

Honestly, if I am in a premade I only want to play against premades. When I am in a pug, I will leave every game against premades I can, no matter the penalty. They make the penalty severe, I will play a diff character. If it's even more severe, I'll go back to rift where they figured out how to separate the Q's.

^

Or more likely than Rift, WoW.

My guild has pretty much cornered all the top Imperial players on our server.

You know what is the most fun? When we get in to a match and it's one of our premades vs one of our premades. So much fun and makes me unable to wait for Ranked Warzones.

Oh yeah, OP, didn't think it was possible brown nose one's own *** but you sir accomplished that.

PS: If your premading is an issue, stop premading? Dunno, perhaps that is to obvious for the skilled guild you guys are.

Edited by exphryl

I posted this in another thread, but my suggestion is open the gates to x-server queues. Allow people to queue in teams of 8, 4 or singly. Matches are created using the following priorities:

1) 8 man team v. 8 man team

2) 2 4 man teams v. 2 4 man teams

3) 4 man team + 4 singles v. 4 man team + 4 singles

4) 8 singles vs. 8 singles

5) 8 man team v. 2 4 man teams

No other match types are created. People who dc, quit or are kicked are replaced with a single. Singles who enter via this method are not charged with a loss (for ranked wz purposes) IF they enter the game and their team is behind at the time they enter AND they finish the game. They receive valor, credits and comms normally. People who dc, quit or and kicked receive 0 valor, 0 credits and 0 comms. If their team eventually loses, they are charged with a loss (for ranked wz purposes). This includes singles that enter midgame.

My guild has pretty much cornered all the top Imperial players on our server.

You know what is the most fun? When we get in to a match and it's one of our premades vs one of our premades. So much fun and makes me unable to wait for Ranked Warzones.

Oh yeah, OP, didn't think it was possible brown nose one's own *** but you sir accomplished that.

PS: If your premading is an issue, stop premading? Dunno, perhaps that is to obvious for the skilled guild you guys are.

I knew it would come off that way, nothing much I can really do about it. Truth is truth.

Not playing together is not the solution, thanks.

Another reason why merges and cross server needs to come soon. Just not enough people for separate premade and pug queues. I'm really disappointed at this point. I really like the game and really like the pvp, for all the qq I read on the forums it's still infinitely more fun than I ever had in WoW pvp.

Populations have been bad on many servers for well over 2 months, a few the entirety of the game. It can't be that "they don't care" because I'm sure they want to make money and therefor want to keep people at least relatively happy. It just leads me to believe they really did a poor job anticipating what terrible effects spreading everyone out would have on the game, which I mean it shouldn't have taken a rocket scientist to figure out if you remove the M and M out of MMO that it would have bad effects.

If they don't do anything soon, and I mean next month or so, the game will only be 3-4 servers. If my past experience is worth anything numbers always dwindle in the summer, even in huge games like WoW, due to vacations/people being out and about more often. If the numbers dwindle anymore here it's over basically.

Edited by CodyLundeen

This the situation my our server as well. People are still feeding the beast but it won't last long. I wish Bioware luck. They left the most complicated programming issues for themselves for after launch all of these things should have been before launch.

I imagine EA wanted christmas sales when in reality this shouldn't have launched till June and should have been what they have/promising now as the starting point. But mmo is new to these guys and the audience is fickle.

I will try to explain this without coming off as cocky, or happy about this.

How is this any different from my thread about Premades killing MMOs?

Devs shouldn't allow "teams" to dominate

People wish to enjoy the game, some do this solo , some in groups/premades, some do it by leaving every match they feel is a waste of their time.

If you do not give people the ability to play in a queue they enjoy, they DO NOT Queue as often.

Any solution that does not provide enough pool players to allow a solo only or premade only style queue choice, will likely face dwindling numbers.

How good or bad individual players are is not the issue. Finding a way to get a decent number of people pressing the queue buttons at the same time, is the issue.

this is part of the reason why i started to stop queueing on my server our imperials geared up with war hero from BANKED level 80-90th level wz comms so stepping into the wz is only 31 wins since patch 1.2 thats horrible for constantly queueing (pvp is all i do ) /frustrated

^^This was the best post ive seen today^^

lol What? 80-90th lvl comms?

**just so you know 1000merc 1000 wz comms pre1.2 only transfered to 2000 warzone comms post - 1.2

Edited by Dacer

How is this any different from my thread about Premades killing MMOs?

Devs shouldn't allow "teams" to dominate

At this point and until x server only single queuing will work. Because of server pops. I am on a medium pop server. Maybe same 16 republic and maybe 40 imperial regularly but maybe only 24 would be able to sustain competitive play. Even if more people opt in it will devolve into 6 teams facing each other. Rankings will become pretty clear real quick and WZ will die.

Let's be honest, we're all just waiting for GW2 so we can pvp the right way.

yea cuz non targeted healing and endless ability effects that give people Tourettes is cool.

all set with GW2, unless i suddenly feel the urge to play a fantasy mole game with WAY too many bright colors.

I know the skill level in swtor pvp isnt that high, but i promise you it is way less in GW2.

Can you aim your mouse at the ground where allies are, oh you can, just keep doing it over and over and over and your gonna do great at GW2.

those 2 words should never be used in the same sentance.wow didnt have decent pvp.it had unbalanced garbage that was considered pvp

sadly though,sw tor's pvp isnt that much better

i guess theres still hope for guild wars 2 though.everyone ive talked to whos played beta had nothing but positive things ive heard in terms of pvp

yea cuz non targeted healing and endless ability effects that give people Tourettes is cool.

all set with GW2, unless i suddenly feel the urge to play a fantasy mole game with WAY too many bright colors.

I know the skill level in swtor pvp isnt that high, but i promise you it is way less in GW2.

Can you aim your mouse at the ground where allies are, oh you can, just keep doing it over and over and over and your gonna do great at GW2.

I appreciate your opinion but:

1. You can adjust the effects that are displayed if you venture into the option sub-menu.

2. Lost me with fantasy mole game. What does that even mean?

3. Colors...really?

4. I KNOW you aren't complaining about GW2 targeting with the tab-targeting system that SWTOR has.

To each their own. I'm not going to hate on SWTOR b/c I like the game, but GW2 PvP is where it will be upon release.

Guys, the PvP is amazing in GW2. The Combat is deep and requires some thought. Thanks to dodge you can avoid a lot of damage if used well. For example against Greatsword-Warrior burst. I loved the weekend and reduced my faith in Bioware even more.

EDIT: Not saying that SWTor is bad, it's just medicore and staying medicore. Every patch I expect to get something but I get nothing :(

Edited by Teabaker

I don't believe you.

I mean, I believe that you are queuing as a premade. I also believe that your premade is very good.

I just don't believe that the Imps are having as difficult a time as you profess.

Why? Because if enough of them are queuing up then they will get into Imp vs. Imp Huttballs and TCs. If there aren't enough of them for this then your server is probably dramatically underpopulated anyway.

PvP communities as a whole only give way to reason regarding driving away their food chain once food becomes scarce enough. It's funny, because you could tell who had played MMOs where PvP died day 1 on these forums; hard to pick apart from the regular dooooom-sayers, but yes... if you continually violate your opponents over and over, they will stop playing with you. :mon_confused:

This applies to progression in PvP as much as it does premades vs pugs. I understand why people come down on different sides of the argument for progression/premade queue times, but ultimately it always seems to come down to this: are you more concerned with attracting new blood to PvP, or retaining veterans? Especially if your game is not a completely PvP focused game, only one of these will even have a chance of fostering a respectably active PvP community over time.

Edited by BDutch

Everyone would rather do this. Bioware thinks queue popping as fast as possible is more important that queue balance. What's the problem with that model? People just stop queuing. Trying to just make the queue pop actually stops the queue entirely. No one wants to fight against impossible odds. Does Bioware think of that? Of course not. They don't actually play their own game. In fact, I'd wager most of them haven't played a good PvP focused MMO in their lifetime. WAR does not count, since it doesn't qualify as an actual game AND it was made my Mythic. Why Bioware would ever hire the Mythic team is beyond me. Either way, our server is slowly dying off as well. Se la vi, SWTOR. Maybe GW2 or Secret World will fill my PvP craving.