Why don't people like chain pulling??

No offense but I'd never take your girlfriend as a healer for any group if she healed like that in my guild, her job is to heal not dictate how fast a group runs an HM. Not all tanks play the same way but their job is the same. To try and maintain the mobs so death is minimal to non existant. Its not their job to run you through the HM at top speed. If you want a top speed run through an HM then tank it yourself.

Honestly I run groups through HM on my tank different each time depending on the make up of the group. If the group's make up can handle big pulls then I don't bother with much CC marking (never bothers with attack orders I trust that they're not complete idiots when picking a target to attack).

So i have to ask....why do people not chain pull?

Chain-pulling doesn't make you a boss, it makes you do stupid things, not let players stop to catch their breath, and generates a "go go go" rushed feeling. I hate running with those types of people because they keep my bounty hunter in combat CONSTANTLY meaning I cannot keep the heat down to use my abilities effectively. I like to actually STOP once in a while. If chain-pulling didn't put me back into combat then I wouldn't care if they ran off to get themselves killed, but it does.

My top 2 toons are a Focus Sentinel and a DPS Merc so I hate CCs. As soon some CCs something, I have to stop using AOEs and it lowers my DPS output especially for my Sentinel. All my mercs missles are AOEs. I understand CCs and my Sage uses them all the time but in a group they should only be used when absolutely needed because they gimp some DPS specs.

When playing with people you know, then it is ok and faster. With strangers-that is a different story.

As a healer(commando) as long as you stay in the same vicinity it is all good. It gets difficult when the tank is in the mob, A dps is pulling a elite, Then I get healer aggro, I would rather play slower. Kolto bomb with the sheild it gives from the advantage is very helpful. Healing a jedi sentinel and guardian is not bad at all. I used the relics alot when I heal, plus as a armormech I can gear my commando at my level. So maybe I don't find it that bad.

As a tank, oh god, please focus fire.... please focus fire... pleaseee. Tanking is so easy when 4 people are not fighting 4 different people. Hell if you are going to attack another elite, at least mark him so I know exactly who it is.

As a DPS, I am not only confident that I can kill a strong or a normal. But I like to guess the amount of seconds I can do it in. I love chain pulling and as a smuggler, I can play without running out of energy. Sometimes mistakes are made. The targeting system in this game is a little arrow. I hate it. Plus I have auto target with a ranged toon. Sometimes I destroy a character faster then I thought I would, my next rotation attack is already in the 1 second queue and you guess what happens next.

I hate running instances with people that are go go go go go go go go go go go....... .... all the time.

It's annoying.

Me taking my time... annoys them too. It's not a win/win at all.

OP, everyone plays different. Nothing wrong with what you do. Sometimes, I'm in the mood for it, if it's fun.. Most of the time I'm not though.

Why in such a rush?

Chain pulling was worth while in games like EQ1 that was all grinding. Quicker pulls, quicker kills, quicker exp and loot.

That was the only way to level and get loot.

In this game it is not really needed. The FP trash goes down quick enough...let people breath, sip their beer for those of drinking age (legal disclaimer), move their *** in the seat....many times chain pulling is not very fun to be honest....but some times it's a blast.

Start off slow and let everyone get their sea legs and then ramp it up if everyone is on board with it.

Plus as others have said, I don't trust you until I see you play. I don't trust your girlfriend to know how to heal until I see her play.

When i have my GF heal while I tank i can go the entire instance without going out of combat (unless im skipping a lot of pulls) She can keep me up just fine....I am in full columi and she is only in 2 columi and the rest tionese or centurion gear. I have never seen her go below 1/2 force.

Now when i run on my DPS char with a random tank or even the other guild tank the spend time setting up CC or kill orders...its pointless. Any healer decent or not can heal through even the ugliest pulls. Its really not too hard. Ive done so on my healing commando (now retired since our guild has about 8 healers wanting to raid)

I try and tell other tanks its OK to charge in recklessly and just AOE the crap out of them....but they go so slow. My GF absolutely refuses to heal other tanks now because she lets them die because she stops paying attention while reading in her other monitor.

So i have to ask....why do people not chain pull like bosses?

1) Not everyone likes to play their MMO like the are on an assembly line.

2) You clearly demonstrate an aggogance toward other players when their play style does not match yours, and your GF appears to have ADHD (based on your description, which may be a disservice to her, given your demonstrated arrogance).

3) I would not play with you in game if we ever crossed paths, mainly due to item 2 above.

Edited by Andryah

As a tank it depends.

In a pug every gogogog or complaining dps is removed after a warning. The tank does decide the pace, not the dps.

A good tank will know when to play "fast" and when not to and why the hurry in general?. I would never do it without the healers permission and especially not in a pug, most people in pugs are not that skilled and kill themselfs in such moments. They for instance pull mobs from the tank and then go goofy all around the dungeon and pull another pack and another....

If you play with friends, are outgearing the content then you can do it - but in a pug with undergeared / less skilled players, never.

The OP is another reason why I dont like a LFG tool, rude behaivour all the way and he doesnt even see it :( To let people die on purpose etc. whats wrong with you? Dont you think that this is very rude and unecessary?

If you want to rush make a guild group, but dont force pugs to your playstyle. Sorry but I just dislike such behaivour, no offence intended.

Edit:

I think some tanks or dps dont understand the role of the healer. A healer is not your mom that does make up your mistakes, if the dps refuse to CC why should a healer do more work? A healer should heal the basic damage that is expected but not the damage that people cause on purpose.

Reminds me on wow, "heal me in fire noob" etc... some people :p

Edited by RachelAnne

As DPS / Heals

It depends, warn me ahead of time and I can be ready for it. I have had fun speed running/ speed clearing instances in other MMOs and this one. But everyone in the group must be on the same page, and warned.

If you don't warn people it usually ends in pain horror and repair bills.

Other then no to minimal rest time most of the issues with chaining can be solved with the standard response to an aggro problem while in a group. When in doubt run toward the tank :p

Edited by arestesian

If you have a tank and healer that are on the same page then let them set the pace. The DPS just need to keep up. As heals I tell the tank just go, if I have an issue then Ill let you know. DPS does not set the pace of an instance run.

If you have a tank and healer that are on the same page then let them set the pace. The DPS just need to keep up. As heals I tell the tank just go, if I have an issue then Ill let you know. DPS does not set the pace of an instance run.

Then the tank and the healer can duo the encounter as far as I am concerned. I've seen tank/healer duos like the OP, and apparently like yourself. They are bad at what they do. You have an anti-group mindset, and either don't realize it or you don't care. Player characters die needlessly at your hands.

It's not about the pace the tank, or tank/healer can sustain. It's about the pace the entire group can sustain AND wants to sustain. The GROUP together sets the pace, not any particular role or class. And that goes double for arrogant DPS pushing the tank to pull faster and the healer to heal DPS that can't manage their agro.

Edited by Andryah

Also, it's impossible to loot chests and sometimes advance optional quests while in combat.

This right here is one of the biggest issues of all. Even if you can manage your ammo properly throughout, which is certainly not possible in all groups (which would be why they don't like chain pulling in those instances), the chests and resource nodes can't be engaged while you're in combat.

In addition, if it's a 2+ or 3+ group and you're using companions, some players (myself included) might like to switch to a different companion based on what kind mob they're fighting, and you can't do that in combat.

Others might have even different issues (such as parents) who might have kids and may need to divert their attention for a minute or two there, but someone aggroing everything non-stop instead puts them on an unrelenting conveyor belt that they can never get off of.

I guess my question is, why do you NEED to keep aggroing everything non-stop? What's the rush? I mean if you're trying to speed through a particular instance before a server shut down, or because you've got to leave for work or something, I can understand. But I don't see a need to just do it "just because you can", unless you're just intentionally trying to do it to people to either make them comply with it or make them angry.

Just because you enjoy that play style doesn't mean everyone does. But that said, if you're in a group that enjoys that kind of action, go for it. But I'd check with the group first to make sure it's okay. And even if they say it's okay, you might want to wait a little bit in between every now and then to keep checking and make sure they're all on board. Good group leaders will occasionally check with their group members from time to time instead of just constantly throwing more at them with a "deal with it or die" attitude.

Edited by Kubernetic

When i have my GF heal while I tank i can go the entire instance without going out of combat (unless im skipping a lot of pulls) She can keep me up just fine....I am in full columi and she is only in 2 columi and the rest tionese or centurion gear. I have never seen her go below 1/2 force.

Now when i run on my DPS char with a random tank or even the other guild tank the spend time setting up CC or kill orders...its pointless. Any healer decent or not can heal through even the ugliest pulls. Its really not too hard. Ive done so on my healing commando (now retired since our guild has about 8 healers wanting to raid)

I try and tell other tanks its OK to charge in recklessly and just AOE the crap out of them....but they go so slow. My GF absolutely refuses to heal other tanks now because she lets them die because she stops paying attention while reading in her other monitor.

Well it's obvious that you two are leet, pro, super-duper, top-notch, ultra-amazing, A-1 players. And the rest of us are all crap.

"OMG I A SO GREAT I CAN CHAINPULL ALL THE MOBS! AND I HAVE GIRLFRIEND!"

Yes, well done. Now move along. Nothing to see here.

Bwahahaha...

I'm not in a guild so I pug all the time for heroics and flashpoints. Usually I play either a tank or a healer. Imo, chain pulling is so risky with puggers. I don't know them really well and they don't know me. The other players could be really tired, new to the game, new to the mmo mechanics, could just want to take their time, socialize while pugging, observe the surroundings, etc. and I'm fine with all that.

When I tank in pugs, I prefer to pull, get and keep the aggro, kill everything with my team, go to the next mobs group, WAIT for the healer and the dpsers to regen their force / ammo / whatever and THEN repeating the same steps (most of the time). I just hate taking unnecessary risks in pug teams and I don't mind at all if it takes more time.

Of course, if I was in a guild and I'd be used to team with the same guildmates all the time, things would go faster. Like we keep saying: "practice makes perfect".

Who cares? If the healer is g2g keep em coming. If the others can't pace themselves they need to l2p. It's probably those dumb casters that blow their entire wad on each mob trying to max dps meters or something. Screw em.