Feedback request from James Ohlen - potential future planets

StephenReid

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather not see new planets added. I think that one of the problems with SWTOR is that there are too many planets, spreading the players too thinly. If Bioware intent to add new end game questing areas, I would prefer them to be added to existing planets to give players a reason to go back to them. Also have the two factions questing in the same area to give the players on pvp servers the world pvp they seem to be lacking.

I'd rather not see new planets added. I think that one of the problems with SWTOR is that there are too many planets, spreading the players too thinly. If Bioware intent to add new end game questing areas, I would prefer them to be added to existing planets to give players a reason to go back to them. Also have the two factions questing in the same area to give the players on pvp servers the world pvp they seem to be lacking.

This has a good logic to it. many of the planets have unused map space, and the required speeder destinations could be unlocked by a mission giver. People would still be in the /who list. It makes sense. But it also puts a lot of 50's on lowbie planets. So it doesn't really help with the low pop problem.

If I were to add planets I'd say

#1 Kashyyk

#2 Ryloth

#3 Yavin IV

#4 Telos ~ after 300 yrs of restoration efforts, could be very cool

#5 Manaan

Manaan.

Loved the place, the city was so beautiful.... I know the city was destroyed during the war, but they may have rebuild something, or an underwater city. Underwater stuff could be cool.

How about a planet that isnt a billion miles in diameter, that has a place to purchase pvp gear and galactic trade, so we arent stuck on the fleet everyday. Oh hey and how about some place to duel on it well we wait for 2 hour queues to pop.

None. Why? Because there's enough broken content as it stands. Fix up some bugs, fix up the major core game issues (the ones people are leaving in droves over) and THEN we can discuss new planets to add.

Kashyyk :

Sith : there is an uprising and you need to demolis it

jedi : help the wookies fight the oppressing Tandosians, who are trying to enslave them, fight the sith away from KAsshyyk

Dathomir :

fight the nightsisters force wielders

Sluis van : the famous shipyard docks

an epic story about new resources for fleets... here you can get the guild ship ???

Russuan : the final battle of the brotherhood of the sith against the republic.

Rodia : homeplanet of the rodian race

Apartos : mining planet, get the resources needed for the republic/empire for building up their armies. Story driven quests.... Dungeons...

Moon Dxun : Freedon Nadd hollocron : traveling across the univers to find it and then at the end battle in the sith relic room of the tempel of freedon nadd you (and your group) need to kill this (almost) indestructable enemy, his body coffert with the crustations bane got on him..to get there you need to fight hordes of driven mad by the dark side of the force creatures

Kashyyyk!

and Onderon (with ot without Dxun). I like the urban architecture style.

EDIT: I vote against Endor since it is just a harmless (and much less interesting) version of Kashyyyk

Edited by Gokkus

what James Ohlen should be doing is looking at all past star wars games and any other star wars related media and making sure all these planets have been added into the game before asking the forums.

its been several hundred years since SW KOTOR and SW KOTOR 2 and half the planets have went missing, Dantooine, Kashyyyk Manaan, Dxun, Onderon and Telos what happened to all them?

Dathomir :

fight the nightsisters force wielders

Russuan : the final battle of the brotherhood of the sith against the republic.

The Nightsisters don't exist yet on Dathomir. However tribes of humans do who would eventually evolve into them. The planet does have significant locations and sights to discover though.

The Brotherhood of Darkness don't exist either yet as well as the Valley of the Jedi. But the planet still has some importance as it has been mentioned during and prior to this era.

Edited by Vitas

something dark, without breadcrumbs guiding everything. Something like a kashykk but not a total themepark, with more exploration. It would be fun to find missions and events and stuff to find on my own. Something for that fourth piller of "exploration"

I don't really care what planet, but make it huge!!!! with one natural city and 1 rep/emp city.

Make the world connected.

Don't forget, a huge planet to be the center point of the game (remove the damn fleet..)

Ziost; as it has already been mentioned during SI story line

*lore Lumniya found the original schematic supposedly in a ruin on Ziost and altered it the original design for her weapon*

Dathomir; This planet is full of mystery and deadly diversions, there are several points of interest such as the infinity gate and star temples

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_Gate

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Temple

The addition of these two planets would allow for the introduction of the Sith Witch and the Lightsaber whip. These areas are known for large creatures and inhospitable conditions while having enough lore and history behind them to be entertaining, which would be perfect as level 50 Dailies, heroics, 2-mans, 4-mans, and ops