Feedback request from James Ohlen - potential future planets

StephenReid

I'm pretty sure Kasshyk would be the biggest crowd pleaser. But heck, any new planets would be welcome at this stage. At the moment, the game is asphyxiatingly claustrophobic. It doesn't feel like a virtual galaxy, but like a linear series of stage sets. I think the planet zones are well-done (although they could do with more stuff for explorers, just random events or quests - come on guys, you've got the Hero engine, the one thing I gather it's supposed to do well is enable you to add content on the fly as a team), we just need a ton more of them for this to actually feel like a virtual galaxy.

Plus the space side of the game needs to be more integrated (and can we not damn well take off every time we enter the spaceship???).

But anyway, yeah, Kasshyk would be my vote if someone put a gun to my head for the next planet.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a planet, but i would like the fleet stations of both factions on my server looked at. i think the UI is bugged because it says there are 2 people on it. please fix this, james ohlen.

LOL i just saw this and giggled to myself!!!!

Please please please please please don't make KASHYYK a theme park planet where mobs of 3-4 Wookies are standing around aimlessly doing nothing. KASHYYK shouldn't be Taris with trees.

Just take any other planet in the game - and design KASHYYK entirely differently from that.

The only way to go is to bring more movie planets in the game. Yes, it would be kind of forced for same planets to feature big on a different era, but this game needs publicity and hooks to draw people in more than it needs innovation.

So, Yavin IV, Utapau, Bespin, Naboo, Kashyyyk.

For the good of the game something different: Mon Calamari home world "DAC".

The reasons, you need to do something amazing and new , give new life to the game and something people want to see in person. A full underwater planet could be the answer, with giant aquatic monsters and sub aquatic cities.

But in the name of god not a corridor again, underwater planet with underwater fight like at RIFT.

But we are sure you will not... too much coding and work. SAD

For the good of the game something different: Mon Calamari home world "DAC".

The reasons, you need to do something amazing and new , give new life to the game and something people want to see in person. A full underwater planet could be the answer, with giant aquatic monsters and sub aquatic cities.

But in the name of god not a corridor again, underwater planet with underwater fight like at RIFT.

But we are sure you will not... too much coding and work. SAD

That's a nice idea, but when can our characters SWIM? Bioware ever going to address this?