Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Price drop for game WHAT!?

djcheezy

So I pre ordered , few months back

to find out a few months later that they gonna change the prices of the game, half of what I paid?

Screenshot of the current price drop.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/swtorprice.jpg/

Bioware And EA, just crapped all over there current customers who paid higher for the game!

I paid $87.35 for Digital Deluxe Now its Cheaper. Bah.

$59.99 was so-posed to be the retail price for the game now that is cheaper too!

It still cost $59.99 at Best Buy For Standard I Don't get It, I Am Confused! lol

WHY THE PRICE DROP?

Edited by djcheezy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All games drop in price eventually.

How quickly they drop in price depends on how well the game did.

This.

Riding my 30 days with fingers crossed, praying that something appealing is implemented or at least PLANNED before then. Would love to re-sub, but can barely even stand to log in anymore. The price drop was to be expected with dead servers and especially with EA in charge. I'm positive the execs at Bioware are ruing the day they let EA have their company. I know I am.

to find out a few months later that they gonna change the prices of the game, half of what I paid?

Bioware And EA, just crapped all over there current customers who paid higher for the game!

$59.99 was so-posed to be the retail price for the game now that is cheaper too!

It still cost $59.99 at Best Buy For Standard I Don't get It, I Am Confused! lol

WHY THE PRICE DROP?

Yeah what the heck could be wrong with them! I paid $60 when the first Mass Effect came out, but now it only costs $7! BW should totally give me my $53 back huh? ........

retailers started wanting the excess amounts off the shelves in January, picked up a copy of standard for the wife for $40. Saw some sales shortly after that where it was $29. No doubt if it did sell as great as they want you to believe retailers would still have it up at $60 cept for special sale events. Edited by Maxil

Anyone else happen to notice that it appears to be a sale they are doing?

From the fine print at the bottom of the page that the OP must have "forgotten" to include.

*OFFER EXPIRES MAY 6th, 2012.VALID ONLY FOR NEW PURCHASES OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ STANDARD EDITION ("SWTOR STANDARD") OR STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION ("SWTOR DELUXE") FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT http://WWW.ORIGIN.COM. VALUE OF DISCOUNT WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM SWTOR STANDARD OR SWTOR DELUXE LIST PRICE AT CHECKOUT.

Edited by Beranzen

retailers started wanting the excess amounts off the shelves in January, picked up a copy of standard for the wife for $40. Saw some sales shortly after that where it was $29. No doubt if it did sell as great as they want you to believe retailers would still have it up at $60 cept for special sale events.

Still $60 at my local Wal-Mart.

The game is not in demand right now so the price went down

MMOs generally drop in price more quickly than single player games as well, the exception being Warcraft. Subscriptions are the major revenue source in comparison to the box purchase.

Awesome, we need a new thread like this every time something inane and irrelevant happens like a price drop.

No one forced you to buy this game. You bought it because you wanted to, and you paid the price for it that you paid because you agreed to the price and felt it was going to be a good value for the price that you paid.

If you didn't make these decisions properly, you should probably cut up your credit cards and find someone to administer your accounts for you going forward.

WHY THE PRICE DROP?

That just means they made enough money back to drop it at reasonable price for the ones who couldn't afford it at launch. Watch the population grow now even more :)

That just means they made enough money back to drop it at reasonable price for the ones who couldn't afford it at launch. Watch the population grow now even more :)

That makes sense :o

Thanks for the replies people I understand a bit more now

WHY THE PRICE DROP?

Such tiny attention spans...

Scroll to the bottom and read the bottom paragraph. :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.