Bioware, do you want to save your game?

Christonya

Bare with me, this may be the wrong place to post this, but it seemed the most appropriate.

As the title asks, do you, or do you not want to save your game? Because right now, it wont be much longer before its gone completely, which sucks because its not a bad game. Right now the biggest problem with the game, is the large variety of servers, and low amount of players on each.

If you want to save your game, or at least try too, server transfers need to be made available immediately.

I don't mean after the next big game update, I don't mean just before the next big update, I as soon as physically possible. There are times I am logging on my server with literally just enough players for one WZ to be active at a time. I am ready to unsub my account, because theres literally nothing I can do. I don't want to start over on a different server. I don't want to go to fatman, as that has been a huge problem with the servers.

This must be about the 10th time I see this kind of post here. Copy-paste suggestions:

-Wait until the free character transfers in early summer

or

-Unsub and play something else.

or

-Unsub and resub eventually

or

-Take a break (while not unsubbing) and come back later

or

-Create your own mmo

or

err I'm out of suggestions...

Bare with me, this may be the wrong place to post this, but it seemed the most appropriate.

As the title asks, do you, or do you not want to save your game? Because right now, it wont be much longer before its gone completely, which sucks because its not a bad game. Right now the biggest problem with the game, is the large variety of servers, and low amount of players on each.

If you want to save your game, or at least try too, server transfers need to be made available immediately.

I don't mean after the next big game update, I don't mean just before the next big update, I as soon as physically possible. There are times I am logging on my server with literally just enough players for one WZ to be active at a time. I am ready to unsub my account, because theres literally nothing I can do. I don't want to start over on a different server. I don't want to go to fatman, as that has been a huge problem with the servers.

Y'see I disagree with this. Mainly due to the fact that this is merely a product and not the actual cause. I'd be more interested in Biowaring addressing why the population has dwindled rather than what the outcome of that is/was.

Meh , I've already unsubbed. And I suggest going out to get some fresh air, which is I've been doing lately.

And if the number of subs is so strong in BW's opinion (which by their silence on this issue I must assume they are confident about), the considerably small % of ppl who will do just like me until they "fix" the population numbers matter should not impact on the game as much.

Meaning: when you and I come back in a few weeks (months) the game should still be around. I don't think the online friends I've made or even my guild will still be there much though.

If not well, there will be other games.

Y'see I disagree with this. Mainly due to the fact that this is merely a product and not the actual cause. I'd be more interested in Biowaring addressing why the population has dwindled rather than what the outcome of that is/was.

The population has dwindled because there are too many servers... It's really a very simple and basic concept.

It's a vicious cycle. When players get bored of a game, they'll leave if there's no community that they are engaged in enough to keep them. Once they leave the numbers are fewer... Pretty soon you have situations like on my server where the same healer will be spamming general chat on fleet that he's willing to heal any HM and it takes 2.5 hours to get a group before he finally gives up and logs.

Decrease the number of servers, increase the number of players to interact with and build relationships with.

More people = more things to do = happier players.

Not sure what is such a hard concept about the first two letters of the MMORPG acronym.

Edited by HanfordBlows

Side note: I was playing Sunday night and at midnight or 1am, which I know is not peak time, but is also hardly "late" for most MMO gamers, I looked in the upper left portion of my screen and it read:

IMPERIAL FLEET: 7

Party!!!

Any one with half a brain can tell you why.

Too many servers on launch, as a new game it had alot of innitial players, then they left for other games. Why? There are people that like new shiney things, and when its no longer new, they move on. The dedicated players stuck around but pops kept dwindling as the rush ended. Now the dedicated players slowly leave as there just isnt any one to play with, so the servers get smaller, till they are in their current position. Dead.

This must be about the 10th time I see this kind of post here. Copy-paste suggestions:

-Wait until the free character transfers in early summer

or

-Unsub and play something else.

or

-Unsub and resub eventually

or

-Take a break (while not unsubbing) and come back later

or

-Create your own mmo

or

err I'm out of suggestions...

I highlighted what im doing. Doesn't mean that I no longer want to play the game, rather that the game is unplayable. As such, this is what need to occur for it to be playable again, and so yes i figured, why not? Some one needs to tell BW that this has to be of the highest priority, but its not happening, by the time it done, even the fatman wont be so fat any more.

Funny how feed back apparently = a bad post.

Your original post isn't feedback, it's more of a tantrum. BioWare has stated, as recently as last Friday, that server transfers are coming. Do you think they are holding them back because they like seeing people freak out on the forums? No, they are working on making sure everything will go smoothly when they are opened for everyone. The Oceanic transfers appear to have been a test case, and there were some bugs that had to be worked out.

Your original post isn't feedback, it's more of a tantrum. BioWare has stated, as recently as last Friday, that server transfers are coming. Do you think they are holding them back because they like seeing people freak out on the forums? No, they are working on making sure everything will go smoothly when they are opened for everyone. The Oceanic transfers appear to have been a test case, and there were some bugs that had to be worked out.

A tantrum?

"This needs to be your highest priority, several other players and I are at the point where we can not play because the community on the server is gone"

Doesn't seem like a tantrum to me... Never the less, yes, they stated xfers are coming, but what are they going to do? Paid transfers? Wait for their next big game update and bring transfers with it? Both of those are huge "No No"'s

People posting on the forums regularly explaining the issues at hand is how they get feedback, if its the same post over and over by different people, it just shows them how big of a problem it is.

This is a tantrum, i.e. "I WANT IT NOW!" and I will hold my breath until I get what I want.

Also:

Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

This is a tantrum, i.e. "I WANT IT NOW!" and I will hold my breath until I get what I want.

....Where in my post does it say "I WANT IT NOW!".

It reads very plainly "It needs to happen as soon as is humanly possible"

Earlier summer, so what, 2? 3? months away? In 2-3 months there wont be any one left to transfer at this rate.

The population has dwindled because there are too many servers... It's really a very simple and basic concept.

It's a vicious cycle. When players get bored of a game, they'll leave if there's no community that they are engaged in enough to keep them. Once they leave the numbers are fewer... Pretty soon you have situations like on my server where the same healer will be spamming general chat on fleet that he's willing to heal any HM and it takes 2.5 hours to get a group before he finally gives up and logs.

Decrease the number of servers, increase the number of players to interact with and build relationships with.

More people = more things to do = happier players.

Not sure what is such a hard concept about the first two letters of the MMORPG acronym.

You contradicted yourself in the first two lines of your post.... lol and lol as I said, I'd be more interested in BW addressing WHY. I'm not saying that they should forget merging servers, if the game was good enough to keep players interested rather than players leaving because of [... insert your reason for people leaving...] those servers should have no population issue.

Hello, folks! We do have an existing discussion thread dedicated to talking about server transfer concerns. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the discussion thread here:

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the existing thread, so we can keep the conversation a little better consolidated. Thank you!