GTN Search Issues [BUG]

Caligari

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone remember how fun it was to find a book in a library before most of them got computers? Using the GTN to find items is about that fun right now. The way things are going in 1.3 the GTN will be a mail order catalog!

Here's what I want to see:

• The ability to press search and list every item, so that great deals are obvious on the first page when things are sorted by price
  • The ability to type in part of a name without choosing a category
  • The ability to list everything from a main category without choosing a subcategory

Come on guys, this is 2012, not 1981!

Anyone remember how fun it was to find a book in a library before most of them got computers? Using the GTN to find items is about that fun right now. The way things are going in 1.3 the GTN will be a mail order catalog!

Here's what I want to see:

• The ability to press search and list every item, so that great deals are obvious on the first page when things are sorted by price
  • The ability to type in part of a name without choosing a category
  • The ability to list everything from a main category without choosing a subcategory

Come on guys, this is 2012, not 1981!

Ah come on, you're exagerating! I remember those library search cards, sometimes I had to wait in line! But I agree, I'd like to be able to write anything in the search window and press search immediatly. Also, it'd be nice if we could refine our search. For example "implant + endurance - cunning + 24-32" = list all implants with the endurance stats but not the ones with cunning from lvl 24 to 32. What do you think?!

What I find humorous (maddening) is that a forum mderator refered everyone to this thread from another on this issue and there is not even a single BW response here. What sucks is that its a great game but has some of the worst CS ive ever seen, CS is my job and I would be fired for the way BW treats paying customers. Like I said though, love the game, can't wait to give them even more money next month, but one more month only.

Good catch.

I find the same thing horrifying.

If you watch the Dev Tracker, what do we get, maybe 3-4 devs posts PER DAY on the entire forum? Hey dev team, you dont have to be afraid of us. You can tell your boss that its ok to talk to the community. We want answers, maybe some excuses and hell even a really sad sob story about how the jobs to hard for some of your team to handle. Thats called dialogue. People like that sort of thing.

You want to know what I have? I have a help ticket system that seems like its either fake, or has a person putting zero effort into my tickets. I have never interacted with a dev or staff member ever besides the canned robot exchanges.

I'm paying for a service, which essentially has no customer support. Sure, it has De Jure customer support, but if your up on your fancy Latin, we all know what that means. :p

So, F- goes to BW dev community relations, and if was was supreme commander of the universe, I'd put 2 years hard labor on the moon for the team responsible for the GTN. I'd be such a fair supreme commander!

Hey one last thing while we are on the GTN topic. My GF plays with me. She used to love to craft and sell things on the GTN. Shes since quit the game since 1.2 killed he GTN. she only lasted a few weeks. She was able to pull in about 8 million credits on her own since JAN. Good job alienating another customer! Cool!

Edited by -Dench

My issue with it is that it has nothing to list. Bring over the Eve economy team and lets make it hopping. My guild is dead so I'm leveling several twinks at the same time so they can all craft for each other. :p

I just don't understand the reasoning behind the alterations to the GTN in this last update.

It wasn't perfect by any means, but at least it had logical functionality that most folk could use.

Aside from that, there are a good deal more issues with the game that I think called for

fixing than the GTN. Prioritise guys - the idea is to have less things causing issues not

make more.

Oh, and as to in game reports? Have submitted 5 in the last 2 months without any form

of acknowledgement or feedback at all, so I don't have much faith that it does any good.

Can we at least have the functionality of the 'Any' button back?

I just don't understand the reasoning behind the alterations to the GTN in this last update.

It wasn't perfect by any means, but at least it had logical functionality that most folk could use.

Aside from that, there are a good deal more issues with the game that I think called for

fixing than the GTN. Prioritise guys - the idea is to have less things causing issues not

make more.

Oh, and as to in game reports? Have submitted 5 in the last 2 months without any form

of acknowledgement or feedback at all, so I don't have much faith that it does any good.

Can we at least have the functionality of the 'Any' button back?

Don't underestimate the importance of the GTN. many players spend hours per day hunting matts, making items and selling them on the GTN. those people cant really do that effectively anymore. That entire player base is essentially out of commission.

Don't underestimate the importance of the GTN. many players spend hours per day hunting matts, making items and selling them on the GTN. those people cant really do that effectively anymore. That entire player base is essentially out of commission.

Sorry if you interpret my post as dismissive - I understand your point all too well as I am one of those traders.

My point was that it worked better before it was 'fixed'. :)

As a crafter, this is a massive bug. My GF and myself craft a lot in this game to raise credits for our guild. We have both seen MASSIVE decreases in GTN sales since 1.2.

BW, this is significantly cutting into crafters in game. Major, major issue for that group of people.

QFT

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

It's broken, fix it. Did anyone even test this before it went live? Your QA is shameful.

Pretty much this. How hard is it to make an SQL front end these days? Premade website templates do a better job than this GTN search interface, and for this to get through testing? What? Did the QA dept even try using it ONCE?

I've come to the conclusion that the GTN is a tool of the dark side...

It feeds their rage, and obviously explains why they keep beating me in PvP.

Edited by XLJedi

This my reply to another thread on this subject. I'll put it here as it looks like this one actually has some attention given to it.

Text filtering is broken and has been for quite a while.

Here is a listing of the Artifact augments currently listed on our GTN. Notice the top 4 results:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9571/screenshot2012050214534.jpg

However, look what I get when I filter for Absorb:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9571/screenshot2012050214534.jpg

Where did the top 4 results go?

Or, if I filter by the word augment, 5 pages of results goes down to 2:

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2488/screenshot2012050214585.jpg

Looks very broken to me.

While filtering "Usable by / Me", it should mean:

* When searching Schematics, only if you can learn it (if you have the min. skill level as well).

* When searching Armor, if you can Actually wear it. This should check against any requirement (e.g. "requires Valor Rank (70)").

What really burns me is I submitted a ticket and get a prompt automated reply stating that as of patch 1.2 the GTN is not bugged and is operating as designed. I can't even list "trainable" skills from my crew skill trainer. He is sitting there with the green + sign, all my current skills are green or grey and when I open the crew skill trainer window - the "Trainable" skills list is empty. :mad: Edited by anjindex

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but the "Cheap" rarity seems to do what the old "Any" type did. It seems to work like "Any" for all the categories I tested it in.

The GTN on Hex Droid is almost dead, today there has been less than 1 full page of diplomatic crafting materials, there are several pages of bioanalysis materials but that's because a few jokers have listed about 20 single items over and over again.

People are confused because they took something that was working one way and changed it to work another way. The search for "Any" in the Rarity dropdown actually means "None" when nothing is in the name field. To avoid all this confusion, the "Any" option needs to be changed.

I sell implants on occasion and it became very apparent that this change affected how many were bought. That, and the constant questions in general chat on fleet asking why there are no implants and earpieces on the GTN.

Hi everyone, we've sent this up for investigation and it looks like we are going to have something to improve this experience in an upcoming patch. Thank you for your reports and for your patience.

Many thanks to you Joveth, for responding - it means a lot :)

One other thing I'd like to mention, would it be possible to add a preview option to schematics?

quite often I have purchased schematics without any idea how it will look and found it isn't what

I wanted at all. Of course by this time it is bound and cannot be sold on.

Thanks again.

Hi everyone, we've sent this up for investigation and it looks like we are going to have something to improve this experience in an upcoming patch. Thank you for your reports and for your patience.

and another bug done by the developers cant you guys do anything right ?

1. Overall, very nice upgrade to the UI customization

2. GTN functionality is well designed, bu poorly implemented and QC was absent

3. On UI, if I put a Quickbar just above the PlayerFrame, the buffs overlap the Quickbar whenever there is more than one row. This behavior changed with 1.2.1 because the buffs were under the Quickbar with 1.2. The earlier behavior should be the correct one. I am a medica and prefer having a bar right in from of me next tot he Ops frame.

4. I play IA medic and this class has no standout benefits for group play. Even with the 1.2 changes, IA medic cannot maintain the sustained HPS as a sorc. In critical Ops bosses like SOA, the restriction of Recuperative Nanotech AOE heal to 4, make an IA healre a liability.

Thank you for acknowledging this bug. Please add it to the known issue post. (And while you're at it, feel free to add "Some helmets do not appear regardless of 'hide headgear's checked state" and "Companion features, e.g., nose, ears, clip through some helmets.")