Are you a FOTM Reroller and do you feel ashamed sometimes?

tehrealdealz

Just wondering for those that are FOTM Rerollers if you ever feel kind of guilty or ashamed that instead of staying loyal to the class your originally leveled you choose to instead level a FOTM class instead. I'm just trying to understand the mentality of a FOTM reroller.

Maybe its just me but im a loyal type of guy. I played WoW for about 5-6 years and my first class I leveled was a Hunter only cause I love ranged classes thats why in swtor I have a Bounty Hunter and a Vanguard. I played my hunter through thick and thin for about 5-6 years and was usually 2200+ in arenas every season except for this last season where I gave up on WoW completely (yah cata was complete garbage). When I heard that swtor was coming out I immediately rushed out to get the game because I wanted to escape all the elitism/junk community that is WoW where if you arent playing the latest class, your considered a "baddie" or a "noob".

But now im finding that swtor is basically the same as WoW. I'm not sure if maybe all the former WoW elitists are flocking to play swtor or what but im noticing that swtor community is starting to become just like WoW and thats pretty sad.

Anyways just wanted to know why do you choose to be a FOTM reroller instead of sticking with your original class?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hey i found the answer to your question. It was in another thread created by you titled "Will be rerolling Marauder in 1.2 need help."

You can find the link here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=398482

so you can refresh you memory or just see the copy and paste job below( it's in red for easier reading). I see you already answered your own question. Hope i helped out

tehrealdealz

04.10.2012 , 04:27 PM | #1

REPORT POST QUOTE

Sup everyone, so as we all know sorcs and BHs are getting nerfed hard, and Marauder is looking like the new OP class next patch. Is there anything I should know about the class before I start leveling? How does it play in pvp and pve? And are you overall happy with the class?

Edited by Odahviin

Oh hey i found the answer to your question. It was in another thread created by you titled "Will be rerolling Marauder in 1.2 need help."

You can find the link here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=398482

so you can refresh you memory or just see the copy and paste job below( it's in red for easier reading). I see you already answered your own question. Hope i helped out

tehrealdealz

REPORT POST QUOTE

Sup everyone, so as we all know sorcs and BHs are getting nerfed hard, and Marauder is looking like the new OP class next patch. Is there anything I should know about the class before I start leveling? How does it play in pvp and pve? And are you overall happy with the class?

No need to refresh my memory. Your right I was thinking of rolling a marauder cause I wanted to try a melee class but once I saw they were going to be broken/OP/FOTM I chose NOT to level one up. Instead I leveled up a Vanguard. So whats your point? Bottom line. I chose NOT to be a FOTM reroller.

No need to refresh my memory. Your right I was thinking of rolling a marauder cause I wanted to try a melee class but once I saw they were going to be broken/OP/FOTM I chose NOT to level one up. Instead I leveled up a Vanguard. So whats your point? Bottom line. I chose NOT to be a FOTM reroller.

Brother, I was trying to help you out.

You asked

"Just wondering for those that are FOTM Rerollers if you ever feel kind of guilty or ashamed that instead of staying loyal to the class your originally leveled you choose to instead level a FOTM class instead. I'm just trying to understand the mentality of a FOTM reroller. "

can't be much more helpful than that

Edited by Odahviin

So when "it was looking like marauders were going to the new OP class", you were going for it. And then when you saw they were "broken/OP/FOTM", you chose not to? Sorry.. I'm confused :S

Regarding the OP, nope; Sniper since I first saw their announcement and planning on sticking with my class 'till the end.

Just wondering for those that are FOTM Rerollers if you ever feel kind of guilty or ashamed that instead of staying loyal to the class your originally leveled you choose to instead level a FOTM class instead. I'm just trying to understand the mentality of a FOTM reroller.

Anyways just wanted to know why do you choose to be a FOTM reroller instead of sticking with your original class?

The Fotm classes are created by gaming companies that try to create balance between good players and bad players and their points of view on what this balance should be aka. them winning over all others and the most vocal usually win.

So can you blame players on rerolling new toons while companies keep on shuffling the abilities and balances and making their loved classes useless in pvp. You can boast about being loyal to your class like it´s somekind of merit but some people like rolling new toons and try new classes to keep their interrest in the game.

tehrealdealz

REPORT POST QUOTE

Gave me a laugh, thanks :)

There will allways be ppl crying nerf on other classes, often because they lack the proper knowledge to counter it. There will also allways be ppl that follows the "Nerf class x" trend, based more or less exclusivly on those "nerf threads" rather then personal experience.

And then we have the many ppl that dont cry nerf on the forums (Or ingame for that matter) but still lacks the proper knowledge of effected class. These are the ppl that reroll, thinking they will be awesome with this class. And again, most often they are not. Instead we get an overpopulation of "that" class, boosting the feeling of it being overpowered since you encounter many more of them then usual. (and some of them are bound to be better then "you" wether or not the class is OP)

If so many ppl rerolled into "That" profession it MUST be OP, right? -Sometimes yeah, but certinatly not allways. I mean, If im gonna make an Alt, why not make it the profession everyone's claiming to be so darn powerful?

That's the thing really, the more ppl are crying about a class on forums - the more ppl will be entering said class, wether or not it's overpowered. Then the same players that originally cried for a nerf come back here, complaining that every WZ is filled to the brim with "Class X", and the circle is complete =)

I wonder how many players decided to roll a "Class X" from reading this thread ;)

Thats my thoughts regarding all this

//Twin ^^

Edited by Twin

Odahviin helping like a BAWSS. lol'd heartily.

lol same...and it kinda proves my post above right, to some extent =)

If ppl hear alot of crying about a class being OP on forum, they will consider rolling one....appearantly even such "loyal to their original proffession" players, such as the OP of this thread =D

tehrealdealz

REPORT POST QUOTE

/thread

My opinion about FOTM players is that they are generally bad players. You can easily see which Marauders are FOTM's and which not. I find it rather funny that people think the class makes up for the majority of the skill.

tehrealdealz

REPORT POST QUOTE

haha so owned!

haha so owned!

How so? Like I said I was thinking of leveling up a Marauder but decided against it because I KNEW they were going to be OP/FOTM. Bravo he found a thread stating what everyone else or most of what everyone else on the forums did which is roll a marauder. lol yah i'm so owned. :rolleyes: I'm not ashamed to admit I was thinking of leveling one up. Whats the big deal?

How so? Like I said I was thinking of leveling up a Marauder but decided against it because I KNEW they were going to be OP/FOTM. Bravo he found a thread stating what everyone else or most of what everyone else on the forums did which is roll a marauder. lol yah i'm so owned. :rolleyes: I'm not ashamed to admit I was thinking of leveling one up. Whats the big deal?

The big deal is probably that you come out as a hypocrite when you first state you are gonna roll a Marauder since you heard they are OP, then in the next breath you make a post and act like you cant understand what kinda mentality ppl have, when they roll FOTM.

Just a wild guess though!

I rolled my marauder 2 months ago but then i stopped playing when i got to lvl 32 or so because i simply got bored of the game (not the class). I came back after the 1.2 patch and to my surprise a lot of people have rolled marauders. So even thou im not really a FOTM reroller it did feel like that, but no i was not ashamed. I just find it amusing how can one class go from being a hardest one to play to being incredibly OP in just one or two months.

tehrealdealz

REPORT POST QUOTE

:jawa_angel: tee hee :jawa_angel:

I still only have one level 50, and that's my healing operative that I made on Dec. 15 when the game first came out.

I am currently leveling a merc healer because of all the crying I've seen from them lately about how "broken" they are......never mind that I know some very good PvP merc healers still. I don't believe the "QQ BUFF ME QQ" lobbyists, so I'm trying out this allegedly "broken" class for myself.

Edited by belialle

Ho so, you ask? You cant talk yourself out of that ****. You got owned royally, face it.

im very sure a bunch of pixels dont care if you loyal to it or not

that said yes im lvling a mara but only to learn there skills because i know by time i get it to 50 there will be a new fotm law of any mmo