To the biased Sents/Maras defending their OP class

Madnutter

maybe a socs bubble should cost them 10% health every time they cast it.

i don't think you should start with sorcs/sages... you really want to compare with their pathetic single target damage? don't tell me a fight with a sage/sorc (not healer one) you win with less than 70% hp (being good equiped at level 50).

dd sages/sorcs are dead meat for ALL classes.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe, just maybe, you don't know how to play a Sentinel.

Or maybe, just maybe, you two don't......if you expect to be able to close the gap on any reasonably competent ranged player without using one of your gap closers.

OK then, you say shadows can become immune to force/tech for 5 seconds, so can you, UNDYING RAGE.

Does the flat damage reduction of "cloak of pain" not just add to your kinetic/energy resistance to make your 24% +20% =44% damage reduction on kinetic/energy? Higher than any shadow/*** outside of maybe pve gear......if it doesnt and it works as the other fella said and works out to get about 39%......oh my god, plucking straws again, you have 2% less armour mitigation than a TANKING class for whenever you get focused/dotted up, whilst having higher base internal/elemental resistance.

And whilst we're chucking around comparisons, even your sabre ward is better, as it gives you the same 50% parry chance as the shadow/sin but yours comes with a 25% damage reduction on tech/force attacks which shadows do not get........

Rationalise it however you want, its clear fact that mara cooldowns are far superior to other classes.......Not even going into buffs/debuffs you can put on people.

Undying rage doesn't make us immune to force/tech because we can still be CC'd. With Force Shroud, you can't, because all CC (that touches resolve) is force/tech. Not being CC'd is huge.

And please with the "tanking" class. A shadow wearing all DPS, and aims for DPS gets these things. Shadows wearing DPS gear and using Dark charge is why people think they are OP. The class is irrelevant, how your skills are set up is. If you think a sentinel/marauder is harder to kill than a Shadow/Assassin with dark charge you're high.

And whilst we're chucking around comparisons, even your sabre ward is better, as it gives you the same 50% parry chance as the shadow/sin but yours comes with a 25% damage reduction on tech/force attacks which shadows do not get........

Rationalise it however you want, its clear fact that mara cooldowns are far superior to other classes.......Not even going into buffs/debuffs you can put on people.

Well juggs should be in that equation too since we share the saber ward...

Or maybe, just maybe, you two don't......if you expect to be able to close the gap on any reasonably competent ranged player without using one of your gap closers.

I've been a sentinel since september. I developed my own strategy to kill ranged which pretty much any other competent Sentinel also follows. I was doing well with the class when Saber Ward was my only CD. Needless to say, I know how to play my class fine, and probably have more experience with it than the vast majority of anyone outside of an inhouse tester. I'm not the best, but I do fine.

You didn't say "one of the gap closers" you said force camo. You shouldn't always need to use force camo because force camo has uses other than killing someone that I'd like to save.

However if you can't look beyond combat, to the objectives of the WZ I can see how that's a problem. Killing people doesn't win WZs, capping objectives does.

Edited by Derian

99% damage reduction is not complete damage immunity. Educating yourself is the most valuable thing you can do currently. Since 1.2 i don't feel i'm killing any faster or dying any faster. You guys talk about damage being up by there is less healers in war zones since 2 out of 3 of them got nerfed, maybe that's why TTK is up? Because there's actually more people out there doing damage.

Can i get some of the stuff you smoke mate?

I've been a sentinel since september. I developed my own strategy to kill ranged which pretty much any other competent Sentinel also follows. I was doing well with the class when Saber Ward was my only CD. Needless to say, I know how to play my class fine, and probably have more experience with it than the vast majority of anyone outside of an inhouse tester. I'm not the best, but I do fine.

You didn't say "one of the gap closers" you said force camo. You shouldn't always need to use force camo because force camo has uses other than killing someone that I'd like to save.

However if you can't look beyond combat, to the objectives of the WZ I can see how that's a problem. Killing people doesn't win WZs, capping objectives does.

Force Camo IS one of gap closers.....if you cant see that, then you're terrible and no more can be said.

OK then, if you want to go to the objective type play disucssion, its hardly as if maras/sents are short changed either is it.......better survivability than most classes due to the cd's we've been talking about for guarding nodes if you have to.

Raid wide speed buff, great for huttball, great for getting to side alderaan nodes that are in trouble........great mobility, force leap to interrupt a cap?.......camo as a speed increase to get to points you need to be to in a hurry, aoe mezz.......complete damage reduction for running through fires?......

Group all that together, coupled with damage which quite often win warzones (you can't cap points if you're dead can you?) and marauders are one of the best objective players if they know what they're doing aswell.....

Force Camo IS one of gap closers.....if you cant see that, then you're terrible and no more can be said.

No not IS, CAN be.

OK then, if you want to go to the objective type play disucssion, its hardly as if maras/sents are short changed either is it.......better survivability than most classes due to the cd's we've been talking about for guarding nodes if you have to.

I'm not sure why this is such a big problem to you? Stabby Operatives can guard a node just fine, Assassins (all specs) can guard a node just fine, healer (bad idea to leave) can guard a node just fine, tank juggs can guard a node just fine. Like everyone else can guard a node and survive long enough for their team to arrive to help so what are you complaining about here?!@?!?!?!?

Raid wide speed buff, great for huttball, great for getting to side alderaan nodes that are in trouble........

If we have the fury or our cooldown is up to get there sure, not always the case.

great mobility, force leap to interrupt a cap?.......

Juggs have a leap, Powertechs have a leap and pull, Whats to QQ about here. Our mobility is that amazing.

camo as a speed increase to get to points you need to be to in a hurry,

Seriously do you play a marauder? Who uses camo for a 4 second speed boost? I keep seeing these new mara/sents coming at me and they'll cloak and then leap to me and it's like *** did you just blow that camo for?!?! It's better off being saved to use for other things

aoe mezz.......

Multiple other classes have this too... not sure why it matters

complete damage reduction for running through fires?......

What we do? Phantom got nerfed in 1.2 this is no longer possible.

Group all that together, coupled with damage which quite often win warzones (you can't cap points if you're dead can you?) and marauders are one of the best objective players if they know what they're doing aswell.....

le sigh really now...

Raid wide speed buff, great for huttball, great for getting to side alderaan nodes that are in trouble........great mobility, force leap to interrupt a cap?.......camo as a speed increase to get to points you need to be to in a hurry, aoe mezz.......complete damage reduction for running through fires?......

Where did I say Force Camo isn't a gap closer? Ok so you listed our skills (we don't have complete damage reduction anymore) and why they are nice. You can do that with any class? You act like we're the only class with some benefit.

And yes you are right, I am terrible because I don't blow all my CDs killing one person.

le sigh really now...

You realise you just proved how op sents & maras are. Basically you just said this class can do that too and that class has our skill also... the point is your class has every skill of 4 or 5 others. Honestly you think all that in one package is balanced?

Your List:

Stabby Ops,

Assassins

Tank Juggs

Powertechs

Multiple others.. re aoe mez

all nicely combined into a mara sent.

And that was just on objective play, not even considering the defensive CD's discussed in the rest of the thread, amongst other things, say dps for instance.

And you le sighed, priceless.

Edited by Livelyhound

"Seriously do you play a marauder? Who uses camo for a 4 second speed boost? I keep seeing these new mara/sents coming at me and they'll cloak and then leap to me and it's like *** did you just blow that camo for?!?! It's better off being saved to use for other things"

I see it all the time. I guess they think like Madnutter. I save my camo for breaking out of a very busy fight and catching a node/door left lightly defended. Im not gonna use it just to kill someone 1v1 unless it's important.

You realise you just proved how op sents & maras are. Basically you just said this class can do that too and that class has our skill also... the point is your class has every skill of 4 or 5 others. Honestly you think all that in one package is balanced?

Your List:

Stabby Ops,

Assassins

Tank Juggs

Powertechs

And that was just on objective play, not even considering the defensive CD's discussed in the rest of the thread, amongst other things, say dps for instance.

The scale of how OP mara/sents are goes up when IQ goes down. Insteaed of whining on the forums because you do not understand what happened, learn.

This thread is writen by one of the many reactionary people who will be the destruction of this game NERF NERF NERF is all they say. Cuz they cant play.

SO make it easier make it easier make it easier. FOR ME TO WIN.

Ive played commando, jugg, sentinel, shadow and Merc

By far the consular inquisitor class is THE MOST OVERPOWERED because of their speed and crowd control and damage and stealth and pulls and etc.

Then Powertechs who HAVE #1 best DPS at this time. + sheilds, heavy armor, range.

if anything we are the 3rd best class.

Then the sent/mara who can kill you fast but also dies fast. Can be kited, have no displacement, few cc's and medium armor. And have to be close up and require way more skill.

You jokes who keep asking for this class to be nerfed should play a game you can be good at without changing the mechanics of the whole game for you and your suckage.

And everyone threatening to quit. JUST QUIT.

Kids are getting born dumber and dumber each year. Must be all the cuts to education.

The scale of how OP mara/sents are goes up when IQ goes down. Insteaed of whining on the forums because you do not understand what happened, learn.

I wasn't whining, i'm a sniper and handle maras fine. I just thought his argument was funny, but thanks for playing.

I've always said marauder/sent damage is fine, i want no changes to that, they are meant to dish out some hurt.....

What they do need is to lose the Undying rage/Guarded by the force as it is far, far too OP.

/agree this one cd is a little op,5sec imortal to get healed/guarded on short cd is to much

A skilled Amourmech will roll a mara..saying maras are op is not true, you just don't know how to handle the class.

for 5 seconds we have 99% reduction..big deal..get some range on us..cc...or stealth..and you win

PT/Sin/OPs/Snipers/Tanks will roll a mara, or at the least give them a very hard time. However, this is skewed because prior to 1.2, not many maras were worth paying attention to. Most still arent.

I wasn't whining, i'm a sniper and handle maras fine. I just thought his argument was funny, but thanks for playing.

My point was, you will not make any headway on convincing a pvp forum poster to learn how to play instead of whining every time they get beaten.

Your List:

Stabby Ops,

Assassins

Tank Juggs

Powertechs

Stabby ops can also heal

tank juggs can also tank

powertechs can also tank

By tank i mean guard and taunt btw. Oh 30% damage reduction to everyone within a 15m radius... yeah that's not valuable as hell.

Other classes have just as much so there's no point in complaining is what i'm trying to say.

/agree this one cd is a little op,5sec imortal to get healed/guarded on short cd is to much

i guess that 4 second stun that every other class has that allows them to take 0 damage for 4 seconds while you keep doing damage isn't op'ed? It's basically the samething.