Anybody else bored with this game?

RemyDMartin

I get bored with grinding dailies very quickly, to the point where i dread leveling another 50 coz ill just have to do the same thing there also.

I do miss single player end game things, IMO crafting is pointless, it lacks in a lot of ways.

I kind of get the feeling that MMORPG games are slowly dieing, i looking out for the next big Sandbox MMO and i hate to say it but i miss SWG in a huge way.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't the only one.

From my pov there is too little to do in this game and things are too restricted as well. The order of planets are always the same. The "end game content" is all about improving your predeterment gear and apart from the different storylines things are always the same.

That pretty much sums up every single mmorpg doesnt it?

It didn't always, at least not in my experience. I hate to always point back to previous mmos, but... EverQuest 2 was different, and excellent right from the start (though over the years it's morphed itself to fit the newest trends and is no longer installed on my machine). Gear varied greatly. There were so many different choices in loot, from common to fabled, and crafted options as well. There was no path. You were bound by level, but aside from starter and class quests (which were few). You felt like you were in a vibrant, living world. You were free.

Freedom. That is what is lacking now. This new gen of mmos (WoW, Rift, Warhammer, SWTOR) are very much "follow the path in xp, adventuring, and gear. Experiences may not vary."

As to the OP question, I am not bored... (much). Following the stories, which are really good. Loving that I'm in a Star Wars world again! Playing an alt on a more populated server (RP PVE US) and enjoying general chat and actually seeing other players, which is non-existent on my other server (PVP EU). Not in a guild on the former, preferring to not entangle myself in a guild there yet. My guild on the latter is a small group of friends from previous games. For the most part, no one in my guild is playing, having gone back to WoW or just hit 50 and never came back (one friend, 49, finished his story. Not into alts so he's done). I'm all that's left except for the occasional weekend when two of them log in to do a flashpoint with me.

So, having fun. But... it won't last. There's not enough of that special mmo-something to keep me interested for years. MMOs have always been much more than an xp and gear grind to me. Remove the story, that's what SWTOR is, and very much on a path.

Should add, though, that I'm determined to not be bored. I very much want to give this game a chance.

Edited by Lunazen

It didn't always, at least not in my experience. I hate to always point back to previous mmos, but... EverQuest 2 was different, and excellent right from the start (though over the years it's morphed itself to fit the newest trends and is no longer installed on my machine). Gear varied greatly. There were so many different choices in loot, from common to fabled, and crafted options as well. There was no path. You were bound by level, but aside from starter and class quests (which were few). You felt like you were in a vibrant, living world. You were free.

Really? I played EQ2 at the beginning and I found it very restrictive. Every character was doing all the same quests and there was a rigid linear progression. It may have loosened up later after I left, but in the early days it was much more linear than TOR.

Really? I played EQ2 at the beginning and I found it very restrictive. Every character was doing all the same quests and there was a rigid linear progression. It may have loosened up later after I left, but in the early days it was much more linear than TOR.

Agreed. Nostalagia distorts the reality sometimes (I'm guilty of charge).

However, after getting a couple toons to 50. Playing thru a few different toons beyond their 2nd chapters...

Considered taking a break? Playing something else for a bit? I doubt KotOR or KotOR 2 would be very fun on your third of fourth playtrough I for one could never muster more than one, I rarely do with many games though at least not with months or even years between.

For me it's a question of looking at the cost/benefit ratio of this game.

With the exception of the first month I pay $14.99/month. That's a paltry 50 cents/day. While this game may not be perfect, currently I'm deriving enough fun to more than justify that daily cost. Hell, a cup of bitter, undrinkable, sewage at Starbucks (sometimes called a coffee house) will set you back about 10 times that.

To sum up: my daily fun from TOR > 50 cents per day. When that ">" turns into a "<", then I'll unsub.

I'm an accountant, so everything to me is dollars and cents.

Someone want to sum up what's wrong with the end game?

I'm not there yet so I don't know how many lvl 50 flashpoints and operations there are.

I keep hearing there is nothing to do except repeat them ,and there is nothing more to work towards.

In my opinion there is nothing "wrong" with the end game. It is perfectly fine, plus or minus a few glitches/bugs here or there. But really by the time a person hits 50 they should be used to the glitches and bugs in game.

Here has been my level 50 exp.

Hit 50 Yay! Opened Champion Bags (now you just can buy armor for pvp?)

PvP'd a few hours! Yay! Bought another bag.

Geared up more. Joined another Guild that was more active.

Ran Through (forgot the name) Wrath of the Rakatta as I call it. Beat up on the giant Rakatta.

Geared up the PvE Gear. PvP'd a few more times.

Then 1.2 dropped.

Ran through all of the Ops.

Lost Island part 1 & 2

Karagga's palace

New One with Lizard Men

Enjoyed it, got some new better armors.

PvP'd some more. Recieved some augmented gear from guild.

Then something happened...guild slowly became smaller and smaller.

Anyways, that's the short version of my level 50 exp.

I've seen 4 guilds on my server slowly become nothing. It happens, right?

As for the bored thing...once again I have been doing other things! Lol. Thus how when I log back in I think to myself..."why did I even bother..."

Currently replaying Arcanum of Steamworks and Magic Obscure

As for KOTOR 1 & 2 .... Sense SW:tOR has dropped. I've played/replayed KOTOR 3 times. KOTOR 2 I only played thru once LS once DS and never again realizing how rushed it was and therefor horribly made.

I'd say go with the classics ala Rogue Squadron and Jedi Knight series.

For me it's a question of looking at the cost/benefit ratio of this game.

With the exception of the first month I pay $14.99/month. That's a paltry 50 cents/day. While this game may not be perfect, currently I'm deriving enough fun to more than justify that daily cost. Hell, a cup of bitter, undrinkable, sewage at Starbucks (sometimes called a coffee house) will set you back about 10 times that.

To sum up: my daily fun from TOR > 50 cents per day. When that ">" turns into a "<", then I'll unsub.

I'm an accountant, so everything to me is dollars and cents.

QFT!

This is exactly why I don't drink coffee, buy from vending machines, eat fast food, etc. You're looking at $15+ per day.

In comparison, SWTOR has a much better value per dollar spent.

My personal opinion, of course.

Well, I´m bored with it.

Even more important: Almost all of members of my guild are bored with it,too. And the few who are not are those who want to twink a few more classes and not much else.

PvP and PvE just doesn´t cut it in SWTor once you start looking beyond the class stories. There is not enough "soul" and not enough "together".

In my opinion there is nothing "wrong" with the end game. It is perfectly fine, plus or minus a few glitches/bugs here or there. But really by the time a person hits 50 they should be used to the glitches and bugs in game.

Here has been my level 50 exp.

Hit 50 Yay! Opened Champion Bags (now you just can buy armor for pvp?)

PvP'd a few hours! Yay! Bought another bag.

Geared up more. Joined another Guild that was more active.

Ran Through (forgot the name) Wrath of the Rakatta as I call it. Beat up on the giant Rakatta.

Geared up the PvE Gear. PvP'd a few more times.

Then 1.2 dropped.

Ran through all of the Ops.

Lost Island part 1 & 2

Karagga's palace

New One with Lizard Men

Enjoyed it, got some new better armors.

PvP'd some more. Recieved some augmented gear from guild.

Then something happened...guild slowly became smaller and smaller.

Anyways, that's the short version of my level 50 exp.

I've seen 4 guilds on my server slowly become nothing. It happens, right?

As for the bored thing...once again I have been doing other things! Lol. Thus how when I log back in I think to myself..."why did I even bother..."

Currently replaying Arcanum of Steamworks and Magic Obscure

As for KOTOR 1 & 2 .... Sense SW:tOR has dropped. I've played/replayed KOTOR 3 times. KOTOR 2 I only played thru once LS once DS and never again realizing how rushed it was and therefor horribly made.

I'd say go with the classics ala Rogue Squadron and Jedi Knight series.

Thx for your impressions. Im hoping by the time I've finished all the stories on my chars there will be lots more to do in end game. I really liked the five man heroics of wow , as there were so many of them it was fun for me to just run thru a bunch as different specs and just get tons of gold and points for gear.

Im not saying swtor should just copy the exact same formula as wow,but the 5 mans were definatly my fav aspect of wow. I hope they keep bringing more flashpoints and get a dungeon group finder going soon. Then swtor will be the most powerful game in the galaxy.

Oh and bring dual spec dammit, I want to heal/tank groups and solo as dps!

I'm getting bored for sure, same old stuff nothing really special sigh*, wheres swg when u need it. rerelease that game idc if its NGE it sure is better then this, imo sandbox>themepark.

I never made it to NGE -I left right after the "village" was introduced.

Anyway in sandbox MMOS you pick a quest you go straight there, in this game its like you're boxed in, you have a set path to get there, and on that set path there are literally dozens and dozens of enemies, most of the NPC mobs just stand there in the middle of the path seemingly waiting for you so they can attack -heck look next time most, if not all are in the "combat ready" position lol

And one thing I'll never understand about this game is WHY do they force you to fight an elite every single quest? had to kill a droid today and yep it was an elite lol nothing makes my Jedi feel more "heroic" then having him and his companion beat on a maintenance droid for 4 - 5 minutes :wea_03:

Even though it is repetitive, this is the classic MMORPG structure. Yes, there isn't a HUGE variety of things to do but the game is only 2-3 months old. You can't exactly compare it to WoW which has been around for god knows how long and has multiple expansions.

The game is 5 months old, not 2-3 months old. I have been arguing in this games defense since beta, but now I'm also at the point where there isn't much to keep drawing me back to this game. The only thing I can say about this game is that it's the best single player online RPG ever. My guild was always on top of progression and we were so hyped up about 1.2, but now it's here and all it brought was more of the same. The Rakghoul world event lasted 1 week with excessively long dailies that you had to do or you couldn't get the new quests, Ranked Warzone Pre-Season was ripped away from us just before 1.2 released, and the legacy system was a letdown to say the least.

Let me start with the Rakghoul World Event. World Events are one aspect that I think every game should take a long look at what Rift does with their World Events to make them successful and fun. When I played Rift, I had all the HK gear and I still loved to take part in the World Event. It was something fun that actually felt important because the World Event affected everywhere from low level to max level zones. World Events in Rift sometimes take up to a month as well. The Rakghoul World Event affected only a single mid-level zone and only lasted 1 1/2 weeks. In order to accept new missions, you had to complete an entire days dailies and wait until tomorrow, that's not fun, that's annoying. I did have a lot of fun with the plague, but they could have done a much better job with the quests.

Ranked Warzone Pre-Season being taken away. I understand if something is not ready, but isn't that why it was called "Pre-Season?" Wasn't the sole purpose of this to work out the bugs? No, instead Bioware wants to work on it in house instead of getting as many people as possible testing it at all times. They haven't even brought up the PTS with the Pre-Season on it to test it further... I mean ***?

Legacy System let down. I was so hyped up about the Legacy System. I absolutely could not wait to get some dummies, mail box, and the Black Market all on my ship. Then I was gravely disappointed to find out that I busted my butt getting to Legacy Level 33 for no reason because I'm too poor to afford anything. Why is all of this stuff so expensive? It's going to take the average player months upon months to even be allowed to purchase most of this stuff and then they have to worry about grinding out the same boring dailies over and over for about a month so that they can afford anything worthwhile. How much is all the rest of this stuff going to cost? 5 million credits? 6 million credits? 12 million credits? The only people that have this kind of money are people that grind level 50 warzones for 8+ hours/day, or people that had Slicing when the game first came out and made millions upon millions of credits before that finally got nerfed. People like me with Synthweaving are screwed. Besides that, what the heck is up with the Legacy gear?! That crap is worthless. Bioware took a great idea and took a dump on it.

I said that I was going to give this game 6 months because that's when the breaking point usually is. That time is coming up quickly so I'm begging Bioware to step up. This game needs more substance. Right now is when Bioware needs to step up and make the inevitable choice: Do we satisfy the Hardcore, or do we satisfy the Community? To me, it seems like Bioware is trying to satisfy too many people and they are self-destructing. Pick a crowd and go with it Bioware. One thing I will say is just something that I have observed in my many years of MMO's:

Don't worry about being perfect Bioware, you're going to make a mistake somewhere. Just don't treat us like children that don't understand though. The community wants content to keep them busy, not the hint that it might be there some day.

Only gets boring if you make it boring just like life, doing the same thing everyday over and over of course it'll get boring. Take a break from it, i have a fiancee and a college life to keep me occupied and i still enjoy ToR as much as the first day i bought it. Its all about how you manage playing it, plan some events with your guild, start a 1v1 2v2 tourny like my guild does, we win prizes and involve imps in it too, dont wait for the MMO to give you things find things to do on your own.:)

I brought a dog the other day, to scare my postman.

Now everytime the postman comes i bark at him. Im not sure why I brought the dog anymore.

I remember when I started to play during the beta. I was like "omg! I'm leveling so fast! I have to slow things down a little bit!". That's why when I started to play at launch (December 16th 2011), my plan was to level multiple alts and take my time (explore, socialize, read the codex, crafting, pugging, space missions, datacrons, etc.). I guess it worked because my highest level is only 45 with multiple lvl 20s. If I was a player with only 1 main and too much time on my hands, of course I'd be already bored by now.

If there's one thing I try to avoid in gaming, it's the mmo burnout.

Edited by Sammm

Thx for your impressions. Im hoping by the time I've finished all the stories on my chars there will be lots more to do in end game. I really liked the five man heroics of wow , as there were so many of them it was fun for me to just run thru a bunch as different specs and just get tons of gold and points for gear.

Im not saying swtor should just copy the exact same formula as wow,but the 5 mans were definatly my fav aspect of wow. I hope they keep bringing more flashpoints and get a dungeon group finder going soon. Then swtor will be the most powerful game in the galaxy.

Oh and bring dual spec dammit, I want to heal/tank groups and solo as dps!

NP. Ops are actually 8-16 man so guild up and enjoy. I certainly did, my first five or so times. :D

I'm bored of the difficult level grind and having to go through all the areas over and over again on alts just so I can experience the other class stories. This game really needs heirloom to give a big xp bonus with strong stats to make the grind easier for people that are going to level all the classes. I'm tired of being under leveled and being forced to slowly grind mobs so I can do the quests.