Nerf bat coming with tomorrow emergency update?

Fearyn

If this emergency patch is for weekend pass players then YES, fix that annoying sound bug.

However, in about a week or two, Tera and D3 are launching. In about a month, I would guess GW2 is launching. If they hope to retain their 1.3 million subscriber base, then this emergency patch might very well be to fix class balance.

gw2 beta in 10 hours! wooop wooop

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how many posts there are about Mare/Sents. I have a Lev 50 Sent at Valor 70 and the only people I can kill quick are the ones that just sit on their hands and let me MS them to death. The real players move away, push me back and then I'm chasing them while they are healing up again. And if there buddies show up to help like their supposed to, I'm hitting camo and running with my tail between my legs. Some people just want to sit on their hands and really don't play right, then complain because they actually have to do something to live. Hilarious! Nerf bat, don't think so!

The problem is alot of people doing the complaining are not experienced 50's. Today on my 30 sent i killed a level 10 jug. He wouldn't leave me alone when i attempted to reach and objective. Now I know he will most likely rush to these forums and spew hate towards my AC. The bottom line is he was level 10 attacking a level 30. Bolster is fine but he doesn't have access to any of his AC skill set and literally fighting with one hand behind his back Therefore 1v1 battle was a forgone conclusion, this is what i believe the sent / mara hate is coming from.

pre 50 wz hate. Anyone in the higher bracket (not counting new 50's) is aware it's fairly balanced within AC's respective roles.

It's funny how many posts there are about Mare/Sents. I have a Lev 50 Sent at Valor 70 and the only people I can kill quick are the ones that just sit on their hands and let me MS them to death. The real players move away, push me back and then I'm chasing them while they are healing up again. And if there buddies show up to help like their supposed to, I'm hitting camo and running with my tail between my legs. Some people just want to sit on their hands and really don't play right, then complain because they actually have to do something to live. Hilarious! Nerf bat, don't think so!

Just a tip, do not provide info like valor rank as it doesn't matter. Give expertise instead.

Also, you don't have to chase people. Snare them or force charge them. They won't heal your sustained dmg efficiently or your burst for a long time if you interrupt them.

Edited by zaknaphein

Yes Mara/Sent in the right, capable, well informed hands do sick amounts of damage. They are supposed to. It is as it should be. What isnt right is the fact that a single mara/sent can pop his or her ridiculously OP defensive cd and for an eternity 5,6,7 attacking players see 1,2,3 tick as their damage numbers. This buff would be fine for umm lets say the same duration as an un talent tree-ed force shroud or 3 seconds. I have counted to fifteen in my head watching this OP garbage. I have seen a sent pop this and get beat on by 5 layers for long enough to have his healer respawn and run back to the middle of Novare. It is just wrong and should either have a cd much much longer or some restriction like the new restriction on the Rakata medpacks, usuable once per fight or once per life, or have a limit to the total amount of damage that can be reduced this way.

I would settle for class balance exactly as it is, if only bioware could manage to eliminate the known speed and radar hacks, and the soon to be known damage multiplier hack.

Stability issues are not as pervasive or making people quit SWTOR en mass at the moment. I think it's the class balance issues.

\Wrong. PvP is only a minute part of the community, everyone PvEs.

There is nothing drastically wrong with class balance. I predict as soon as you QQing children get one class nerfed you will move on to QQing about the BH/Mando damage.

Because none of you understand that whilst Sent/Mara are tough 1 vs. 1 if you let them sit in melee range, you don't HAVE to stand still to fight them.

What is causing the mass exodus of this game is the terrible chidlren, who like to QQ and whine because they can't learn to adapt. Much easier to get nerfs.

What a sad world the MMO industry is.

p.s. Cannot wait for the Panda xpac to clear some of you out.

There is nothing drastically wrong with class balance. I predict as soon as you QQing children get one class nerfed you will move on to QQing about the BH/Mando damage.

Because none of you understand that whilst Sent/Mara are tough 1 vs. 1 if you let them sit in melee range, you don't HAVE to stand still to fight them.

What is causing the mass exodus of this game is the terrible chidlren, who like to QQ and whine because they can't learn to adapt. Much easier to get nerfs.

Happy fella arent you?

Would be a nice treat if they finally stopped the Mara craze but I dont think they will.

In games such as this, it doesn't matter what they nerf.

FOTMers will just move on to whatever new class is OP.

They call it being smart.

I think they are the worse players in every MMO and are the reasons classes get nerfed.

What happens is not so much that a class is OP but the amount of "I AM BAD SO I NEED FACEROLL"

players that play them. I have a friend that does this in every MMO.

And when they nerf his class he either quits or rolls the new faceroll.

What? You mean my sorc shouldn't stay in the pocket of a marauder in melee range? But I should be viable everywhere!

Stopped reading at everyome pves... I PVEd for 8 years on WoW and needed a break. I strictly PvP in SWTOR so I guess your statement is false?

Sents/maras dont need a nerf and wont get one cuz they already got one.

Inquisitor/consular will get the nerf. Since they are untouched and EXTREMELY OP.

See what happened was everyone was using troopers BH's and consular/inq. There were nerfs and so everyone rolled sent/mara.

Now everyone is getting killed by them (cuz there are so many) and thinks they are OP cuz THEIR OWN CLASS was nerfed. OR will be.

Sent/mara was JUST FIXED. They are SUPPOSED to do the most damage. And are ALREADY glass cannons.

The Inq/cons class has:

Bubble that absorbs most damage.

Force speed

Stealth

many cc's

high dps(not as high as sent/mara)

Range attacks

melee attacks

slows

AOE's

Can escape combat..

etc.

Inquisitor/consular will get the nerf. Since they are untouched and EXTREMELY OP.

See what happened was everyone was using troopers BH's and consular/inq. There were nerfs and so everyone rolled sent/mara.

Now everyone is getting killed by them (cuz there are so many) and thinks they are OP cuz THEIR OWN CLASS was nerfed. OR will be.

Sent/mara was JUST FIXED. They are SUPPOSED to do the most damage. And are ALREADY glass cannons.

The Inq/cons class has:

Force speed

Stealth

many cc's

Range attacks

melee attacks

slows

AOE's

Can escape combat..

etc.

Umm.. I'd love to play this 31/31/31 Sage/Shadow build you're talking about. And the 'glass' in glass cannon means low survivability. Maras do not have low survivability, they're more like titanium cannons

The Inq/cons class has:

Force speed

Stealth

many cc's

Range attacks

melee attacks

slows

AOE's

Can escape combat..

etc.

I'm assuming this post was tounge in cheek?

The Inq/cons class has:

Force speed

Stealth

many cc's

Range attacks

melee attacks

slows

AOE's

Can escape combat..

etc.

I sure hope this is a troll.

I know they dont have all that, all at once. But they have much of it.

And to negate defensive cooldowns one just has to run away, knockback, or stun the sent/mara.

Then the cooldowns are down and he is defenseless. How is it op, just cuz you have to kite through the defenses?

Sent jumps you, pops the first one(defensive cooldown)

you knock back and run

he finds you, you fight, he pops saber ward

you run or fade out or whatever

he finds you gets back on you and pops the 99% damage reduction, you stun him. NEGATED

This is just if you are alone. Normaly there will be lots of people to waste his cooldowns.

Nothing but time takes down that bubble, I cant run as fast as you guys(or through fire), I can only stealth for 4 seconds, I cant just exit combat invisible.

I cant stop your abilities and you can stop mine...but I am OP?

I know they dont have all that, all at once. But they have much of it.

And to negate defensive cooldowns one just has to run away, knockback, or stun the sent/mara.

Then the cooldowns are down and he is defenseless. How is it op, just cuz you have to kite through the defenses?

Sent jumps you, pops the first one(defensive cooldown)

you knock back and run

he finds you, you fight, he pops saber ward

you run or fade out or whatever

he finds you gets back on you and pops the 99% damage reduction, you stun him. NEGATED

This is just if you are alone. Normaly there will be lots of people to waste his cooldowns.

Nothing but time takes down that bubble, I cant run as fast as you guys(or through fire), I can only stealth for 4 seconds, I cant just exit combat invisible.

I cant stop your abilities and you can stop mine...but I am OP?

I think this post proves Qui-Gon Jinn was right... the ability to speak does not make one intelligent.

If you as a Marauder cannot kill a Sorcerer in 1v1 you are really playing your class incorrectly. Even a good Sorcerer knows that the only thing we can do against Marauders is run away and hope we meet up with at least 1 friendly.

Stopped reading at everyome pves... I PVEd for 8 years on WoW and needed a break. I strictly PvP in SWTOR so I guess your statement is false?

Did you level your character from 1-50 strictly through all PvP and no PvE at all (questing, flashpoints etc.) If the answer is no, then you did PvE, so leave your less than stellar wit at the door. The stability issues are not just affecting people at lvl 50. Hence why those issues are more important than the incessant whining of people who lack in the PvP skill department. Good day.

A fair way to fix this would be to take away UD from marauders and give them an uber super powerful ogasmictastic bubble like the Sage/Sorc one. This will of coarse be a slight nerf (I stress slight)and not to the magnitude everyone seems to be clamoring for but at least the Sage/Sorc bubble only has a 30 second cooldown.

I'm sure every Marauder would be fine with this slight nerf( I stress slight) as so many of them moaned how overpowered the Sage/Sorc bubble was in the endless threads that led to the slight nerfs(I stress slight) to our classes.

Edited by LancelotOC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.