Jedi Knight Robes = Large Butt?!

rabidpiano

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't noticed a big butt when wearing robes, it must be a guy model bug, so i assume you can't help staring as a male character's butt? lol

Seriously though, i personally like the women to have some extra junk in their trunk, so it really doesn't bother me, i personally think bioware should focus on the more serious issues that actually prevents people from playing the game.

It'a art departments job to fix issues like the large butt bug which has been around since beta.

So even if the did fix the problem it wouldn't take away from optimization etc.

does too, i just fixed it :D

Thanks, but I figured you'd like to know. ;)

Not that it applies to Jedi but the Supreme Inquisitors Robe for the Sith does the same thing. This rare and usually expen$ive (unless someone goofs) black robe gives the Inquisitors a bustle butt, too.

I've so covetted the robe it never dawned on me that it would do the same thing. Imagine my surprise when I equipped it. :rolleyes:

I noticed last night that if you wear a bulkier belt, the bulge is slightly less noticable and almost (not quite, but getting there) looks halfway normal.

Its not a fix by any means, but at least it makes it possible to wear robed armor without wanting to shoot yourself in the face!

Edited by Brutus
changing "much" to "slightly"

I noticed last night that if you wear a bulkier belt, the bulge is slightly less noticable and almost (not quite, but getting there) looks halfway normal.

Its not a fix by any means, but at least it makes it possible to wear robed armor without wanting to shoot yourself in the face!

I noticed this last week soon after noticing the big *** butt bug, are you kidding me? This is not even closes to a fix, by the way if you are really that desperate go get a black robe with the belt it blends it much better(i'm not joking). Lmfao.

Edited by WrZlt

I noticed this last week soon after noticing the big *** butt bug, are you kidding me? This is not even closes to a fix, by the way if you are really that desperate go get a black robe with the belt it blends it much better(i'm not joking). Lmfao.

I know its not a fix, and I even said as much. ;)

I was just pointing out a way to make the best of a bad situation...

They wont ever fix this, its an underlying model problem and they probably are fine with it.

I don't see that it's a (character) model issue. My Body Type 1 male Jedi has a huge butt with Jedi robes on, and with trooper pants and no robes or butt-cap (Outcast armor) , he looks normal. I see this on the Body Type 2 Sith warrior too. It would be nice if it was fixed.

Looks like Bioware went to a one-size fits most jedi robe vendor. They need to hire a (digital) tailor. Though I really don't mind wearing the trooper armor. It looks decent.

I can't believe this didn't fix this yet. It's looks like a problem with the physics part of the robe which use this model (inc. sith), they seem to rest in a weird possition. It doesn't even occur on all body types and it looks like it's using the female shape for the bottom half of the robe on some, it can't be that hard to sort out :/ Edited by NasherUK

Lol I must admit I had the thought at one point, but come on this is stupid :p

But let's not obsess over beauty like george did in the first 3 episodes and all aspire to be mannequin skywalkers.

Edited by Moitteva
removed "retarded", PM'ed

Just after launch I did Esseles and got the medium armor robe. The first thing I didn't like about it was not being able to set the hood down, after many minutes of fiddling with options. Then I turned the camera to the normal position(character's backside), my reaction to that was NOOO! I have end table *****.

As it was my first character, I didn't have any crew skills to make different armor(nor did I know options even existed) so I was stuck with that robe for a long time, wasting planet commendations on armor mods, and making enhancements with artifice. I gathered enough coms on Tatooine(along with more game knowledge) to buy the moddable Smuggler armor, which got rid of the hood, but the big behind was still there. I gave that armor to Doc eventually.

Now I have a character progressing in Armormech, and I grab as many orange medium armor schematics as possible. I had set my Sentinel to the side while leveling Sage so now I have my Sage as Cybertech to make mods for my Armormech armors. Currently my Sentinel is wearing the Gunslinger Jacket and Drelliad slacks(the pockets on the bum are so smexy) and the white boots from Light Side vendor, using the color matching feature it all looks very good.

Unfortunately my Consular still has to suffer as light armor is all about robes, though I did find one while leveling with a cape that covered the rear end.

Dulfy made a good list of orange armors that I go by for making purchases off the GTN. Here is her list: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=466842

Look, my Jedi shouldn't have a huge ***. I say nay. The Beyoncé booty needs to go. Some derp Bioware employee didn't get the memo and seems to think that my Knight is smuggling a shelf from IKEA around the galaxy his my ***. Its easily one of the most ridiculous issues on this game and given how frequently they've been rolling out fixes, I'm shocked it hasn't been resolved yet. I'm guessing that we'll see it fixed around the time that they update the character preview pane to show weapons etc. But really Bioware, Beyoncé called, she wants her booty back. Edited by Tom_Tom_T

I posted this in the Hood thread, I think it's relevant here as well:

While I still think it's a good idea to keep this thread at the top of the room, I don't think it is going to get BioWare's attention, it's a big forum and this is tucked away in the corner. And it's already one of the biggest threads in the JK section anyway.

Right now I think the best thing we can do is to continually contact as many staff members as possible via Twitter and PM and refer them to this thread. Find whoever you can who works at BioWare Austin, the more senior the better, and also make sure to contact the community managers. Even get in touch with the Doctors - Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk. If enough people make enough noise, eventually they will realise that this is an important issue to us and fix it, or at the very least acknowledge and respond to us.

Another thing we can do is start as many threads about it as possible in General Discussion, and any other areas that the staff frequent the most. They'll probably just get closed or moved, but at least somebody will be looking at them.

It looks really funny but, it can be because of a freakin belt around the robe. I dont want to have my robe stuck in a belt gosh darnit!

I agree. I think the heavy robed armors would look a lot cooler if the belt were on the inside anyways!