Another post about Immobilize effects.

Cryblood

So I just got done with a huttball, where I had the ball, was near the enemies line, got stunned for around 6 seconds, getting a full white bar which I cc broke, only to literally be snared until the bar disappeared and get chain stunned AGAIN, than finished off due to being beat on by 4+ people for over 20 seconds without being able to move at all.

Can someone please remind me why immobilize effects work through full resolve?

This is ridiculous.

I can understand the effects not building resolve but christ sake, a team could theoretically keep someone immobilized/stunned forever with the right coordination/timing, would this happen realistically? prolly not but still the fact a group of players can keep someone locked down for SO long with ZERO DR is terribly unbalanced.

Anyone remember frost mages in WoW? yeah it feels like the same unbalanced garbage, CHAIN IMMOBILIZE/SLOW, cant even move or get close.

Edited by Cryblood

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You sir got out played...

I see your side of the story, but I also see that In the time that you were snared you didnt pass the ball. And if there was no one to pass to, then your entire team got outplayed...becuase if you literally had the ball for 20 seconds of snare time at thier goal line and not a single of your teammates had the brains to go across the line so you can pass it to them, the other team deserved to kill you lol.

I see your side of the story, but I also see that In the time that you were snared you didnt pass the ball. And if there was no one to pass to, then your entire team got outplayed...becuase if you literally had the ball for 20 seconds of snare time at thier goal line and not a single of your teammates had the brains to go across the line so you can pass it to them, the other team deserved to kill you lol.

Well said... additionally, CC is healthy for PVP balance and allows for skill to show through. Without it, PVP becomes a mindless dps race.

Yeah because resolve is working........:rolleyes:

Yeah because resolve is working........:rolleyes:

It is working, well for my server anyways. Whenever my resolve bar is full, I am immune to Stuns, Knockback and Saps. like it was intended to do. Snares and roots do not fill the resolve bar and do not respect the resolve bar mechanic. A full resolve bar isnt supposed to stop snares/roots

So I just got done with a huttball, where I had the ball, was near the enemies line, got stunned for around 6 seconds, getting a full white bar which I cc broke, only to literally be snared until the bar disappeared and get chain stunned AGAIN, than finished off due to being beat on by 4+ people for over 20 seconds without being able to move at all.

This is ridiculous.

I can understand the effects not building resolve but christ sake, a team could theoretically keep someone immobilized/stunned forever with the right coordination/timing, would this happen realistically? prolly not but still the fact a group of players can keep someone locked down for SO long with ZERO DR is terribly unbalanced.

Anyone remember frost mages in WoW? yeah it feels like the same unbalanced garbage, CHAIN IMMOBILIZE/SLOW, cant even move or get close.

Hmm..you were beaten by half of enemy team for 20 seconds straight (and people complain that TTK is to short now lol). This mean there was at least 1 your teamate around (healer that kept you alive for so long). With white resolve you were just rooted/snared so you were able to use your abilities. Your team mate decided to not position himself correctly or you decided to not pass ball to him. Then you come here and complain about resolve while documenting your obvious lack of team work and/or skills. Good job.

Edited by Kaarsa

It is working, well for my server anyways. Whenever my resolve bar is full, I am immune to Stuns, Knockback and Saps. like it was intended to do. Snares and roots do not fill the resolve bar and do not respect the resolve bar mechanic. A full resolve bar isnt supposed to stop snares/roots

Nope. I still get stun locked with a full resolve bar, and I do use it correctly, breaking stun after resolve is full.

Hmm..you were beaten by half of enemy team for 20 seconds straight (and people complain that TTK is to short now lol). This mean there was at least 1 your teamate around (healer that kept you alive for so long). With white resolve you were just rooted/snared so you were able to use your abilities. Your team mate decided to not position himself correctly or you decided to not pass ball to him. Then you come here and complain about resolve while documenting your obvious lack of team work and/or skills. Good job.

Well it is valid to say that resolve does not work everytime, because it doesn't. You can blame people all you want, but when the system doesn't always work properly then that is to blame as well. Thus making part of his argument valid. There is no doubt he, and his group was partly to blame here, but let's get honest here.

Well it is valid to say that resolve does not work everytime, because it doesn't. You can blame people all you want, but when the system doesn't always work properly then that is to blame as well. Thus making part of his argument valid. There is no doubt he, and his group was partly to blame here, but let's get honest here.

Yes, let's be honest. Everyone who claims to have been stunned with resolve up is a liar just making up excuses for his suckiness. Resolve is working as intended. Always has.

Yes, let's be honest. Everyone who claims to have been stunned with resolve up is a liar just making up excuses for his suckiness. Resolve is working as intended. Always has.

I totally suck, what was I thinking? You are so uber leet. Please don't play GW2 I don't want to fight against you.

The only imbalance described in your post is that it took 4 players 20 sec to kill you while you where permanently cc`d, the only reasonable conclusion from your post is that survivability is to high in this game.

Some people really should get a perspective on things.

the only imbalance described in your post is that it took 4 players 20 sec to kill you while you where permanently cc`d, the only reasonable conclusion from your post is that survivability is to high in this game.

Some people really should get a perspective on things.

nerf healers moar!!!

This is ridiculous.

Another "Ballance scientist".

If you suck personally to not to pass for 20 secs having all team on you, as you say, or your teammates are bad enough to let you live near score line for 20 seconds, as you say, without creatin an opportunity for you to pass - ITS NOT A RESOLVE SYSTEM ISSUE

No class an stunlock you and then root you till relolve is reseted and stunlock you again. And if you were dealing with several people, why the **** did you think you should prevail?

But i think 90% of your numbers is an ignorant lie, caused by frustration.

Edited by Maxkardinal

First of all I'm gonna say Arasis is pretty much the best Sith Assassin on Ajunta Pal, bar none.

As a sniper I love that roots are unaffected by resolve. But as a Guardian being chain rooted until I'm dead, even with all my cooldowns is a little rediculous. to keep someone rooted, especially a shadow/assassin is just crazy with the amount of survivability they have.

I'm pretty floored that an opposing team was actually able to do that.

Kudos to them I guess, but damn

Edited by Kevoisier

This is ridiculous.

Im taking a wild guess that youre a juggernaut/PT or assassin or their mirror classes. Cause charge isnt op at all in huttball. nor is force pull/speed/aoe knockback. Try rolling ops/sniper and get some perspective ^^ (oh noes my soloscore with my pockethealer thats impossible to kill since im guarding/taunting everything got foiled by a "broken" mechanic! plz let me /godmode)

Edited by Dasgruberg

You know what is ridiculous is that players feel the need to come here and slam other players. Lets have intelligent responses to people's posts please. Dont slam the original poster and talk down on his skill. We dont know him and have'nt seen him play. And as for his post...

I myself feel as if I have been stunned again after having had a full resolve bar. And I do not have a video capturing my feeling for all the world to see. However I do agree that the game is balanced in the sense that if snares an roots did not work with resolve up then players would run for infinite yards in hutball to no avail and Assassins would be the one Class to rule them all. I also agree that team support IS a big part of the predicament here. You should not of had to run that ball yourself. And assuming a sorcerer was healing you he should of put himself over the line and dragged your stunned, immobilized carcass across the goal line. Whoever was healing you, IF someone was healing you either didnt or wasnt capable of offering you the help you needed at the time it would've done the most good. Dont blame yourself or the game.

There is nothing wrong with your post. But the best thing you can do at this point is not blame Bioware either. Keep your experience in the back of your mind and adjust your strategy from this point going forward. On a side not next time that happens use your aoe stun if you have one. There is a good chance that may have bought you enough time to survive 5 more seconds, conditions permitting, for you to be able to score. Never hesitate to queue. No matter who may ridicule you.

-Darth "Pew-Pew-ka-choo" Kumori-

This is ridiculous.

WHere was your team at?

First of all I'm gonna say Arasis is pretty much the best Sith Assassin on Ajunta Pal, bar none.

As a sniper I love that roots are unaffected by resolve. But as a Guardian being chain rooted until I'm dead, even with all my cooldowns is a little rediculous. to keep someone rooted, especially a shadow/assassin is just crazy with the amount of survivability they have.

I'm pretty floored that an opposing team was actually able to do that.

Kudos to them I guess, but damn

If he's the best your server has, lol.

nerf healers moar!!!

If the OP had a healer with him in the situation he described that healer fails at his class, because he could have just "dispelled" the chain root with one button, letting the op score.

So again: surviving for 20 sec while being cc`d with 4 players beating on the OP only illustrates that it is far to easy to survive.

This is ridiculous.

Let me get this straight, you are arguing that player skill and teamwork is unbalanced?

There are only three reasons I can think of that you would be alone in facing the entire enemy team at their goal line:

1. Your team consisted of you since everyone else quit.

2. Your team consisted of really awful players who were just waiting in the middle for the enemy team to respawn even though their team had the ball.

3. You rushed into the enemy team by yourself and without backup from your team.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=381190

TL DR

35 pages, not a single video. Post your or dont lie.

I'll be expecting a couple of terabytes of hard drives to fraps any and all games, a secondary computer to edit and encode on, finally a competent guy to handle the editing and encoding, once received I'll show you multiple occasions where what the resolve bar tells you and what actually happens doesn't match up.

It's not the players job to make sure the game works as intended, we pay to play not to bug hunt and make videos of strange behavior.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.