The whole reason I rolled PvP was to kill lowbies

Kaltastic

I lol everytime I See t his "you gank lowbies because you are bad" argument. The way it should work is;

1) 50 starts killing lowbies in low level area.

2) lowbies call out to 50's of their own faction who come and help

3)original 50 calls his buddies for backup

4) actuall OWPvP happens.

This activity should actually help bolster communities and forge friendships.

Justify it how you wish, in the end, the ToS is enforced by Bioware/EA, not you. If you are a high lvl character ganking lowbies in a non-PvP zone, they will see it as griefing, no matter how you justify it in your head.

I lol everytime I see this "I gank lowbies to bait out high-lvls" argument. Its stupid, because if you really wanted to bait out high-lvls, you'd be griefing them in the high lvl zones, as everyone knows, most high lvls DO NOT hang out in lowbie zones.

Your "way it should work" arguement fails, big time.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVP - OK if it is a PVP server - it's people's choice to roll on one

For me - having been a teacher in secondary schools for years, and knowing how children's minds work- I have never rolled on a PVP server or got involved in PVP unless I am with a large guild group (it's fun then!)

I am sure people that go around ganking just think they are funny - it's typical of what any child would do, children rarely think that they are being inconsiderate when they are having fun

The bigger thing I see about PVP is the way it affects classes and equipment - I think there should only be one type of gear, no special pvp abilities, and class abilities based on the functionality for end game raiding

If people don't like the fact they can't beat a different class - tough - roll one that is better for PVP - it's not hard to get to max level

All these posts about the scourge of griefing, how dishonorable and disgusting it is, how something has to be done about it, etc, etc.

The whole reason I rolled on a PvP server was to level up and then re-visit the lowbie areas and cause havoc. My goal is to effectively shut down questing for the other side in an area until one of two things happens:

1.) They recruit some high level help who is able to come and kill me

2.) Some one rolls an alt on my side and asks me nicely to stop, possibly offering credits as a bribe at the same time.

If there is a point where I will get bored or tired of 1-shotting someone when all they are trying to do is complete a quest I have yet to reach it. My only regret is that there is no way to travel to the opposing factions fleet / capitals and be a nuisance there too...

You forgot:

3.) Enough players file a harassment complaint and you get the chance to talk to a CSR.

I lol everytime I See t his "you gank lowbies because you are bad" argument. The way it should work is;

The way it should work is:

1) I punch a little kid in the face.

2) The little kid goes home to tell his daddy.

3) Little kid's parents go to cops for backup.

4) Actual live TV shootout on the highway happens.

I don't know. I was in Bug Town on the third planet (lvl23 maybe) as an Imp. when I saw a lvl47 jedi. I attacked him. /sigh;...... He waved at me while I was attacking and ran away lol. I was doing no damage to him. I expected to be one shotted. I've seen game long friendships started between ganker and gankie in SWG.

I don't know. I was in Bug Town on the third planet (lvl23 maybe) as an Imp. when I saw a lvl47 jedi. I attacked him. /sigh;...... He waved at me while I was attacking and ran away lol. I was doing no damage to him. I expected to be one shotted. I've seen game long friendships started between ganker and gankie in SWG.

This is either a lie or a matter of remembering incorrectly. Bug Town is on Balmorra, and on Balmorra it is not possible to run into players of the opposite faction.

The way it should work is:

1) I punch a little kid in the face.

2) The little kid goes home to tell his daddy.

3) Little kid's parents go to cops for backup.

4) Actual live TV shootout on the highway happens.

You forgot the part where you punch the kid in the face to bolster neighbourhood community ties.

And I LOL at your logic. Here is why:

1. Chat system is not set up galactic wide so you are griefing in hopes one is in a guild with a bunch of 50's that are online or available to respond. That is a whole lot of odds not stacked in favor of your plan. But wait, the odds get even worse.

2. How many 50s do you know that happen to be on low lvl planets other than to grief? I'm a alt -a-holic and can tell that I rarely EVER see any.

3. So you are shutting down player progression having a great time and low and behold, those you grief are now quiting or going to PVE servers, dwindling your server pop due to this rediculous notion you have. Undoubtably this is bioware's fault and not yours.

All that said, I find hard to believe your statement I quoted for 2 main reasons:

1. We all know where the 50's go to quest and can pvp. Ilum, correlia, and belsavis. You could go there to execute a modified version of your plan, leaving out the lowbies, and get the pvp you seek.

2. I have no problem finding people my lvl to fight on a PvP server going to the above mentioned places.

Simply put, your logic and plan is flawed and you are not arguing the case very well.

It's ok to admit you are a griefer, internets word for bully, just don't expect too many to join you on that adventure.

Masking illegitimate PvP as a tool to promote social interaction is BS. Claims of LFG tools are alienating players? When you're being attacked by a level 50 as a lower level, there's not much you can do. The risk of alienation lies solely on the people going after lower levels.

The point of PvP is to have a challenge between two people that built their "pokemans" from the ground up. Going after someone who just started is completely lame and damages their preference to stick around. Sure, you could argue they should play on a PvE server, but in the end, those higher levels attacking the lower ones are the grade-A ***holes.

Open World PvP is fine, but that should be between similarly leveled players and not unbalanced in such a way that it is impossible for retaliation. Shutting down quest hubs, camping recovery spots, killing medical droids are all in bad form.

Awesome post!

/thread

In his example of going back to a lowbie area to SHUT DOWN questing. That is griefing. It does not allow a player to play the game their way. This is not just ganking. His ADMiTTED INTENT was to interupt play to force people to change their behanvior.

THAT is GRIEFING.

Intent is not actionable, only actions are. To be considered grieffing, the player has to actively prevent gameplay, which is not the case here. The OP can shut down a zone, sure. But the lowbies have actions available to them as well. Primarily, they can travel to a different area to progress through the game. They can participate in warzones. They can participate in Flashpoints. As long as these actions are not inhibited, the OP's action is not considered grieffing. As such, PvP in the open world is almost never considered actionable. interactions with players of the opposing faction are rarely defined as grieffing. This is especially true on PvP servers.

So many care bears.

I find those who rage over people who gank/grief like this just as pathetic as those who actually do the ganking/griefing.

I find those who think others are pathetic for raging over those who gank/grief to be even more pathetic than those who do the actual complaining about those who are doing the actual griefing.

So many a-hole jerkwads.

I find those who think others are pathetic for raging over those who gank/grief to be even more pathetic than those who do the actual complaining about those who are doing the actual griefing.

So many a-hole jerkwads.

Now my brain hurts :eek:

Intent is not actionable, only actions are. To be considered grieffing, the player has to actively prevent gameplay, which is not the case here. The OP can shut down a zone, sure. But the lowbies have actions available to them as well. Primarily, they can travel to a different area to progress through the game. They can participate in warzones. They can participate in Flashpoints. As long as these actions are not inhibited, the OP's action is not considered grieffing. As such, PvP in the open world is almost never considered actionable. interactions with players of the opposing faction are rarely defined as grieffing. This is especially true on PvP servers.

My goal is to effectively shut down questing for the other side in an area until one of two things happens:

You missed this part.

And I LOL at your logic. Here is why:

1. Chat system is not set up galactic wide so you are griefing in hopes one is in a guild with a bunch of 50's that are online or available to respond. That is a whole lot of odds not stacked in favor of your plan. But wait, the odds get even worse.

2. How many 50s do you know that happen to be on low lvl planets other than to grief? I'm a alt -a-holic and can tell that I rarely EVER see any.

3. So you are shutting down player progression having a great time and low and behold, those you grief are now quiting or going to PVE servers, dwindling your server pop due to this rediculous notion you have. Undoubtably this is bioware's fault and not yours.

All that said, I find hard to believe your statement I quoted for 2 main reasons:

1. We all know where the 50's go to quest and can pvp. Ilum, correlia, and belsavis. You could go there to execute a modified version of your plan, leaving out the lowbies, and get the pvp you seek.

2. I have no problem finding people my lvl to fight on a PvP server going to the above mentioned places.

Simply put, your logic and plan is flawed and you are not arguing the case very well.

No, no. His logic makes perfect sense. Let's extend this to basketball. Suppose LeBron James wanted to play Kobe Bryant or Kevin Durant 1-on-1 to determine who really is the best basketball player on the planet? Now, most people would think the best way to do this would be to call Kobe up and say "Hey, wanna play basketball?" Or go to Kobe's gym, and wait for him to come to the court and challenge him then and there.

NONSENSE. Let's use the same logic the poster and other griefers use.

What LeBron should do is go to a playground in Fargo, ND. He should then start dunking on the 12 year-olds. Eventually, one of them will call Kobe Byrant, and Kobe will adjust his schedule and fly to North Dakota to play LeBron there. And then, afterwards, since the community has been bolstered, Kobe will take everyone in Fargo out for ice cream.

Seems perfectly logical to me.

No, no. His logic makes perfect sense. Let's extend this to basketball. Suppose LeBron James wanted to play Kobe Bryant or Kevin Durant 1-on-1 to determine who really is the best basketball player on the planet? Now, most people would think the best way to do this would be to call Kobe up and say "Hey, wanna play basketball?" Or go to Kobe's gym, and wait for him to come to the court and challenge him then and there.

NONSENSE. Let's use the same logic the poster and other griefers use.

What LeBron should do is go to a playground in Fargo, ND. He should then start dunking on the 12 year-olds. Eventually, one of them will call Kobe Byrant, and Kobe will adjust his schedule and fly to North Dakota to play LeBron there. And then, afterwards, since the community has been bolstered, Kobe will take everyone in Fargo out for ice cream.

Seems perfectly logical to me.

EDIT: The use of drugs to find the logistics of the above statement is encouraged. Or choking yourself.

So many care bears.

I find those who rage over people who gank/grief like this just as pathetic as those who actually do the ganking/griefing.

Rage isn't my care bear power :( sorry to disappoint

My power is respect tho. I can send some of that your way :)

My goal is to effectively shut down questing for the other side in an area until one of two things happens:

You missed this part.

No, I saw it. Intent still is not actionable. Neither is actively hunting other players in a lower-level PvP zone, even if you are so proficient at the task that they are unable to complete missions in that area. I also explained why that is, if you take the time to read my response.

EDIT: The use of drugs to find the logistics of the above statement is encouraged. Or choking yourself.

I was trying to humorously poke holes in the argument of the same guy you were quoting. The one who thought the best way to draw level 50s into PvP was by attacking characters in a place that doesn't have any level 50s.

ganking lowbies on pvp and rp-pvp servers promotes social behavior.

If players don't want to talk to anyone, team with anyone, or ask others for help then I highly promote slaughtering them in the bundles until they wake up and realize that anti-social behavior hurts everyone.

So your answer for what you consider anti-social behavior that doesn't negatively affect anyone is to acively engage in anti-social behavior that negatively impacts other players?