The whole reason I rolled PvP was to kill lowbies

Kaltastic

Intentionally interfering with someones ability to play the game is a breach of the ToS.

I understand PvP on a PvP server, but what you are doing is not PvP... you admitted yourself you do it to disrupt their play.

Oh don't be a buzzkill! Do not judge someone else's way of life until you have tried it for yourself. Ambush someone 80 levels lower than you (Alliance is like a rare spawn on some servers) in some other game, then you may change your mind.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but no. I'm on a PvP server, but going after greys outside of Warzones or PvP-marked areas is just lame in general. Not only do you discourage a player from sticking to the game, you damage the game's community.

PvP is fine, but not when you're using those mechanics to abuse lower levels.

All these posts about the scourge of griefing, how dishonorable and disgusting it is, how something has to be done about it, etc, etc.

The whole reason I rolled on a PvP server was to level up and then re-visit the lowbie areas and cause havoc. My goal is to effectively shut down questing for the other side in an area until one of two things happens:

1.) They recruit some high level help who is able to come and kill me

2.) Some one rolls an alt on my side and asks me nicely to stop, possibly offering credits as a bribe at the same time.

If there is a point where I will get bored or tired of 1-shotting someone when all they are trying to do is complete a quest I have yet to reach it. My only regret is that there is no way to travel to the opposing factions fleet / capitals and be a nuisance there too...

I'm doing the same thing atm. It's a wonderful idea.

PvP servers are marked as PvP for a reason. If people don't like it they should roll on PvE servers. As simple as that.

Sorry, but no. I'm on a PvP server, but going after greys outside of Warzones or PvP-marked areas is just lame in general. Not only do you discourage a player from sticking to the game, you damage the game's community.

PvP is fine, but not when you're using those mechanics to abuse lower levels.

Attacking a lowbie is not a breach of ToS. Come on, lol ....

Edited by Marasme

This argument is just pathetic... You're saying that someone that rolls out in full BM, smashes in Warzones, comes to low levels planets and smashes on lowbies and then smashes on anyone that tries to retaliate is overall bad a pvp? Garbage...

I just read the OP again and I don't see him saying he does any of these things your talking about. perhaps you should read it also.

ganking lowbies on pvp and rp-pvp servers promotes social behavior.

If players don't want to talk to anyone, team with anyone, or ask others for help then I highly promote slaughtering them in the bundles until they wake up and realize that anti-social behavior hurts everyone.

The whole reason I rolled on a PvP server was to level up and then re-visit the lowbie areas and cause havoc.

Why? Cuz you're bad at fighting players your level? low self esteem, and a need to lash out in some kind of revenge...thing?

This douche baggery is why I don't pvP, let alone roll pvP server.

Try team work, and honorable kills. You might like it.

PvP servers are marked as PvP for a reason. If people don't like it they should roll on PvE servers. As simple as that.

Attacking a lowbie is not a breach of ToS. Come on, lol ....

Not really as simple as that. People don't join a PvP server to get ganked, they join it to verse players that will actually offer a fight. Just because people are ******es doesn't mean they should reroll on a server that doesn't have the label PvP. And yes. Shutting down a player from questing/playing is a breach.

:rolleyes:

And people wonder why I have this opinion of "open world PvPers".

I have never played on a PvP server that ganking and griefing has not happened.

I have never been attacked ONE on ONE by someone near my level. I have not even been attacked by a PACK of people near my level.

I have however been "surprised ganked" by Characters at LEVEL CAP and PACKS of Characters at level cap.

So from my imperiacal experience in the 3 games I have tried "open world PvP" on PvP servers (L2, WoW and SWTOR) the experience that I have described above is the norm.

This leads me to believe that the MAJORITY PVP servers are actually populated by people that just like to make a game miserable for others.

I went to Jung Ma at the invite of some people and found this behavior to be true.

Every time I say "ok I will give a PvP server a try" the same thing happens. GANKED by people compensating for being fragged on by someone else that they can't retaliate against, be it irl or in game. Thats called transference.

I feel sorry for you all that engage in this behavior.

ganking lowbies on pvp and rp-pvp servers promotes social behavior.

If players don't want to talk to anyone, team with anyone, or ask others for help then I highly promote slaughtering them in the bundles until they wake up and realize that anti-social behavior hurts everyone.

I fully agree with you. MMOs are about interacting with other players. Unfrotunately, for some strange reason people prefer to solo farm everything and need other players only to buy stuff from, which is quite sad.

So called "modern MMOs" seem to promote such behaviour by providing them with tools such as LFG which in reality result in player alienation.

"Hey ! I don't need, I can find randoms to do stuff with via some cross-server tool"

Why? Cuz you're bad at fighting players your level? low self esteem, and a need to lash out in some kind of revenge...thing?

This douche baggery is why I don't pvP, let alone roll pvP server.

Try team work, and honorable kills. You might like it.

I lol everytime I See t his "you gank lowbies because you are bad" argument. The way it should work is;

1) 50 starts killing lowbies in low level area.

2) lowbies call out to 50's of their own faction who come and help

3)original 50 calls his buddies for backup

4) actuall OWPvP happens.

This activity should actually help bolster communities and forge friendships.

Masking illegitimate PvP as a tool to promote social interaction is BS. Claims of LFG tools are alienating players? When you're being attacked by a level 50 as a lower level, there's not much you can do. The risk of alienation lies solely on the people going after lower levels.

The point of PvP is to have a challenge between two people that built their "pokemans" from the ground up. Going after someone who just started is completely lame and damages their preference to stick around. Sure, you could argue they should play on a PvE server, but in the end, those higher levels attacking the lower ones are the grade-A ***holes.

Open World PvP is fine, but that should be between similarly leveled players and not unbalanced in such a way that it is impossible for retaliation. Shutting down quest hubs, camping recovery spots, killing medical droids are all in bad form.

Edited by Freyar

The sweet yummy tears of lowbie QQ provide sustenance (ie amusement) that is hard to resist once you have tasted it. Don't knock it until you have tried it, you have no idea what you are missing.

More evidence to my argument that the prevailing thought on "open world PvP" servers is to gank and grief.

:rolleyes:

keep it coming ....

All these posts about the scourge of griefing, how dishonorable and disgusting it is, how something has to be done about it, etc, etc.

The whole reason I rolled on a PvP server was to level up and then re-visit the lowbie areas and cause havoc. My goal is to effectively shut down questing for the other side in an area until one of two things happens:

1.) They recruit some high level help who is able to come and kill me

2.) Some one rolls an alt on my side and asks me nicely to stop, possibly offering credits as a bribe at the same time.

If there is a point where I will get bored or tired of 1-shotting someone when all they are trying to do is complete a quest I have yet to reach it. My only regret is that there is no way to travel to the opposing factions fleet / capitals and be a nuisance there too...

Statement: You're an unskilled player you has a rage fit when beaten by a more skilled player, you have a need to easy fights that you can win without a doubt.

Subjugation: Your meatbag hide would no doubt get annoyed if and when you were defeated.

Yes I have been playing KOTOR a lot these past few days.

I would like to see raids on rep/empire bases though or guild cities up open for attack. Spice up the game a bit more. Farming lowbies is a waste of time and the true sign of an unskilled player.

Edited by sambeta

I lol everytime I See t his "you gank lowbies because you are bad" argument. The way it should work is;

But it doesn't anymore. People are too buisy in warzones and grinding end game gear. :rolleyes:

The possibility of sneaking onto the republic fleet by stealing a cargo ship and then wreaking havoc makes me salivate.

God I hope they implement that one day. It would be glorious. They could send out messages on the intercom on the fleets telling people where the invasion is and they could contact level 50 players all over via holocom to come join the fight.

Damn I can't even imagine my lag if Fleet pvp was a possibility....

Whatever gets you through the night. I'd think the best way to get open world PvP between level 50s would be, you know, to attack level 50 characters in a zone where level 50 characters hang out.

But yeah, I guess attacking some out of the way place that has no regular level 50 presence is more logical.

Compensating for something?

Or do you suck so bad at PvP that you can't win against same level opponents?

^this.

These are the people who as a kid got picked on day in and day out - for whatever reason. Or, were on the flip side, kids with no social skills that spent their entire childhood picking on younger people to "impress" their friends.

... or perhaps this person is currently "in this stage of life"? :confused:

And that's pretty much a known fact.

Edited by FooBard

Whatever gets you through the night. I'd think the best way to get open world PvP between level 50s would be, you know, to attack level 50 characters in a zone where level 50 characters hang out.

But yeah, I guess attacking some out of the way place that has no regular level 50 presence is more logical.

Because they believe (somehow) that attacking lower level players will dislodge other 50's from what their doing to go after them. The answer is simple: No, it doesn't. 50's all have their own agendas, they aren't some form of Concord/Rent-a-Cop that is patrolling the server.